Sponsored by:

Clear view Shield on a Rushmore Street glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 09:57 PM
WoodButcher66
Club Member
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Clear view Shield on a Rushmore Street glide

I am riding a 2015 Street Glide Special. I have tried several windshields including the Wind Splitters, two different Klock Werks recurves and an LRS Ultra and Javelin. None of these have worked for me, all for different reasons.

I am currently looking at purchasing a Clear View shield with the vent. Per the instructions Craig gave me about measuring I need a "Sport" (14.5") model. I am 5'10" with a 30" inseam.

Before I order the shield, I wanted to see if anyone else had a Clear View shield with the vent on a batwing Rushmore bike.
Who has on of these shields? Do you like it? Why or why not? Does the shield reduce buffeting? What do you like or dislike about the shield?
Does the vent help? Is vent worth the money?

Any information and input on the Clear View shield will be appreciated.
Does anyone have pictures they will share so I can get an idea of what the shield looks like mounted?

TIA,
Kevin

Old 09-08-2016, 09:14 AM
journeyman
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't have the one with the vent, but have had Clearviews on two bikes so far!
I can tell you they are very good quality and the company is great to deal with.
I believe you can return or exchange it, as long as you not peal off the protective film.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Gambat
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I put a Clear view on my 14 Limited right away and love it. When I ordered they didn't have the Sport version so I ordered the small (15-5/8"). I'm 5'10" and with the stock one I was looking through the top 1/2" or so and after a few miles and settling in a little more. With the Clear View I'm looking over the top about 1" all the time. As for the buffering effect I think that's subjective to each rider. In my normal riding position it feels fine but if I want a full face of wind all I have to do is sit up really straight and its there.
Not sure why the others haven't worked for you but I recommend giving Clear View a try. As for the vent I don't see that option on their site.

Like they say "Only Bikers understand why dogs like to stick there heads out car windows".

Gambat

Last edited by Gambat; 09-08-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:23 AM
macabra11
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Have you looked into Madstad at all? They are supposed to be the end-all, be-all for wind management. A lot of folks don't like the look (me included) but say that once you run one, you won't care what it looks like.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:39 PM
WoodButcher66
Club Member
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

To address the questions above.

Gambat, I was thinking about the 15 5/8 but Craig suggested the 14 1/2. I am going to measure again this weekend and decide from that.

Yes, they told me to leave the film on it and they would take it back if I didn't like it.

The vent isn't listed on Clear View's web site. I'm not sure why. I wouldn't have known about it if Craig hadn't mentioned it to me.

I am with you on the dog with his head out the window. LOL

The other shields didn't work for different reasons. Everyone of them are subjective and other probably wouldn't have the exact same issue. The Klock Werks both sizes let the air dump out in such a way I didn't like it. The LRA Ultra gave the feeling of riding in a 4 door car with only the rear windows rolled down about half way. It actually made my ears hurt if I rode more than an hour or so. The LRS Javelin just didn't work for me. The HD Wind Splitters were not much better than stock in my opinion.

Looking on MadStad's web site, they don't list a windshield for a street glide. If I am missing it, please link me to it.

Last edited by WoodButcher66; 09-08-2016 at 04:24 PM.