Sponsored by:

Wild 1 Chubby WO579 Bagger Low Bars

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 07:15 PM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Wild 1 Chubby WO579 Bagger Low Bars

Has anyone installed these bars? According to their website, these have the most pullback of any of their bagger bars. When sitting comfortably "leaning against the backrest" of my 2014 Police Electra Glide, my stock bars are right under the tips of my fingers. And when riding, I always feel like I have to lean a bit forward to hold the bars. So I'm trying to find the bars with the most pullback I guess. I did a search and didn't find any posts regarding these bars. I don't know how long they've been out.

Thanks for any info.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:27 PM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

I prefer the 578's the best. They raise the bars up and back to where my hands just rest perfect on the bars. Really gonna make a difference how tall you are too. I'm 6'1

Old 10-16-2016, 08:05 PM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain

I'm considering those also. I'm 5' 10. The 579's are 1 inch lower and 2 inches more pullback than the 578's. I wouldn't mind having some that are a bit taller than stock. However, my main issue is wanting them closer to me. For some reason, Harley's have always seemed to fit me perfect except for the bars being too far away to ride the way I want to. I do admit though, I like to relax and lean back a bit when "cruising" on the highway.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:32 PM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by The Pawnbroker
I'm considering those also. I'm 5' 10. The 579's are 1 inch lower and 2 inches more pullback than the 578's. I wouldn't mind having some that are a bit taller than stock. However, my main issue is wanting them closer to me. For some reason, Harley's have always seemed to fit me perfect except for the bars being too far away to ride the way I want to. I do admit though, I like to relax and lean back a bit when "cruising" on the highway.
youll find that the wild ones can be pulled back and pushed forward for more adjustment. I have mine forward for the height. But could pull them back to be closer too

Old 10-18-2016, 08:43 AM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Has anyone installed these bars?.......

I don't know how long they've been out.

Thanks for any info.
The 579s have been out for about a week. The pictures on the Wild1 website show them installed on a 2012 Street Glide. The bars are very similar to the 575 bars that had to be tweeked to fit the Rushmore FLHs. The tweeking also included moving the bars 1" closer to the rider than the 575s (3" closer than stock). They also are taller than stock however keep your hands below the top of the faring.

I intended to install 575 bars on my 2016 Ultra Limited just like I did on my 2007 Ultra.....right up to the point when I found out they wouldn't fit. Over the last 6 months I have been periodically in touch with Wild1 inquiring about a 2014-later 575 like bar. Great people. Great product. Will be installing a set of 579 bars just as soon as it starts snowing in S.E. PA.

The following users liked this post:
The Pawnbroker (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 11:46 AM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain

I just got off the phone with Wild1. I spoke to a very knowledgeable guy there. He said he was the product developer I believe. The 579's are exactly what I need. Especially since I have a Police bike with a seat that's just a bit taller than "stock". One thing he mentioned is that ever since the 2014's, you can't adjust the bars back like before. That's why he said the 578's wouldn't work if my main issue is wanting more pullback. The only other thing he said was that it makes it easier to have a wiring extension. He recommended "Namz" for that. He went to the website with me on the phone and recommended either the 8 or 12 inch extension kit they make. He said "the more the better" and so I ordered the 12 inch. Only other thing we talked about is heated grips. I said I wanted to add them and he told me I should cut 3/8 of an inch off the left side to make room for the potentiometer that's in the heated grip on the left side. Otherwise there's a visible gap next to the switchgear cover. There's a pic in the tech section of Wild1's website showing the gap if you don't bother cutting off the bit on the end. I did ask if they could do that for me before they shipped them and he said unfortunately they wouldn't be able to.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:57 AM
peddler
Club Member

[QUOTE=I'll let you all know how it goes.[/QUOTE]

Very interested how they look when installed on a Rushmore bike. The larger diameter and "real chrome" as compared to polished stainless OE bars make them worth every penny.

Last edited by peddler; 10-21-2016 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:46 PM
peddler
Club Member

I'll let you all know how it goes.
Pawnbroker. What's the latest? Any pictures of the Wild1 579 bars installed on your bike?

Old 03-22-2017, 04:10 PM
tatcarr
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just curious if anybody has experience with these 579's are there any good reviews out there thank you

Old 03-22-2017, 04:56 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Not trying to thread-jack but I thought this would be relevant:

I just bought the Khrome Werks 300519 (2+2 Narrow Sweeper) for my 2014 FLHTP. They are 2" higher and 2" more pullback then the stock bars, abd are still 1" diameter.

They should be just what the doctor ordered for the police spring solo seat position. I will be installing them on Friday. I'll start a new post and provide pictures of the results and the process. I am pretty sure I will be wiring them internally, but I might not...

Ride Safe!

Quick Reply: Wild 1 Chubby WO579 Bagger Low Bars