Sponsored by:

Sena Freewire review

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Rapperdog
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Working as advertised

All fixed. I went online to Sena.com. There is a download available to update software on both the galaxy helmet and freewire. After I download the firmware update, I reset both units and paired them again. The Sena freewire and galaxy helmet work perfectly with the infotainment system. Everything works from the infotainment system through the freewire and Bluetooth to the helmet. Phone and CB voice in work too. I made several phone calls and spoke through the CB. Folks say they heard me clearly.
This is a good solution to get free of the connecting wire to the helmet.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Harleyrlb
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapperdog
All fixed. I went online to Sena.com. There is a download available to update software on both the galaxy helmet and freewire. After I download the firmware update, I reset both units and paired them again. The Sena freewire and galaxy helmet work perfectly with the infotainment system. Everything works from the infotainment system through the freewire and Bluetooth to the helmet. Phone and CB voice in work too. I made several phone calls and spoke through the CB. Folks say they heard me clearly.
This is a good solution to get free of the connecting wire to the helmet.
I just looked at the Freewire updates. The last version, V1.0.1 is many months old. Is that the version you updated to?

Old 10-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Rapperdog
Novice

Yes. That's the only update available. I updated both then reset and repaired. Works perfectly

Old 10-11-2017, 09:49 AM
720Deere
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Updating and resetting works temporarily! After several hours of use and few on/off cycles of the Freewire, mine would always revert back to not allowing me to communitcate with the bike.

I fought the Freewire most of the summer then jumped onboard with the WHIM when it came out.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Rapperdog
Novice

What's a WHIM ?

Old 10-20-2017, 02:04 PM
captjac
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

From HD site:

"Wireless Headset Interface Module (WHIM) for '14-later Touring and Trike models equipped with Boom! Audio 6.5GT Radios, lets you communicate with your bike without being wired to it. The WHIM Bluetooth adapter permits wireless connectivity to the 6.5GT Infotainment system, allowing you to communicate via CB radio, hear turn-by-turn GPS directions, listen to your favorite radio stations and so much more all through your Bluetooth®-enabled headset."

Old 10-20-2017, 02:39 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 48 Posts

The Whim, will only work in Mono, with a non Harley branded sena unit. To get stereo sound, you need to purchase and HD branded Sena.

Old 10-30-2017, 04:00 PM
JTC3495
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just installed a Freewire on my 2016 Ultra. I didn't know what I was missing. I really do like all the features of my bike finally working correctly.
I also added the Sirius sat radio at the same time. Now my bike is ready for some long rides

Old 10-30-2017, 04:48 PM
Stinkboater
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same mike problem with a new Freewire and new 20s. Sena replaced the Freewire first which didn't fix the problem. It turned out the problem was in the helmet mount. Sena was to send a new mount but after 3 months of waiting for a replacement I convinced them to send a new 20s. I ended up purchasing a new mount after about 3 weeks waiting on Sena. Sena was no help figuring out what was wrong. I used a old mount from my last 20s and discovered it was not the 20s it was the mount

Old 11-20-2017, 12:50 PM
jdkerner
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a '17 CVO Street Glide, and a Uniden radar detector with the Sena-SM10 linked to my Scala Pack Talk. I would like to be able to use the radar as well as hear music and have the cellphone available, but I can't find a configuration that will let me do all three. If I use the Sena connected via Bluetooth to the headset I can get the Radar signal, and then with the second port on the Sena I can get music. But the phone is not operable in this configuration. I tried to link the Sena to the Bluetooth of the bike, but although the unit is recognized it won't pair. Is there another option? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Sena Freewire review