Sponsored by:

Shake-rattle-roll - seems like EITMS still on

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 07:14 AM
hillcountryflt
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Shake-rattle-roll - seems like EITMS still on

I disabled EITMS/parade mode on my 2016 Ultra Limited a while back. But at warm idle it seems to be shaking/rattling just as much. I am not referring to the standard v-twin rough idle. Bike is totally stock. The info display indicates IETMS is off. Idling about about 1K RPM. Slight roll of the throttle and it clears up. Bike is running well otherwise.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:18 AM
rwven
Road Master
Received 232 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by hillcountryflt
I disabled EITMS/parade mode on my 2016 Ultra Limited a while back. But at warm idle it seems to be shaking/rattling just as much. I am not referring to the standard v-twin rough idle. Bike is totally stock. The info display indicates IETMS is off. Idling about about 1K RPM. Slight roll of the throttle and it clears up. Bike is running well otherwise.
EITMS should not engage unless OAT is 85 degrees F or above. Is this your first Harley? They all shake like a dog shitting razor blades at idle......

The following users liked this post:
piper59 (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 07:32 AM
hillcountryflt
Road Captain

Not my first rodeo as far as Harley's go. First was a shovel, followed by a couple of Evos. This bike replaced a 2010 Ultra Limited.
We are still getting into the low 80s around here - heck hit 90 last week.
Like I said, it does mimic the feeling I would get when parade mode would kick in.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:40 AM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Next time it does it, enable the EITMS for comparison

Old 11-15-2016, 12:46 PM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by hillcountryflt

My 2014 does the same thing. With the EITMS off it still seems to have an off beat type of miss. I posted it on here before, when you stop, it makes a funny hiccup, or jerking, some kind of hesitation of sort, I don't know of any other why to explain it. It should still be under warrenty, If you or your dealer, come up with a solution to it, please pass it along.
Jonnierock

Old 11-15-2016, 01:01 PM
hillcountryflt
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JONNIEROCK
My 2014 does the same thing. With the EITMS off it still seems to have an off beat type of miss. I posted it on here before, when you stop, it makes a funny hiccup, or jerking, some kind of hesitation of sort, I don't know of any other why to explain it. It should still be under warrenty, If you or your dealer, come up with a solution to it, please pass it along.
Jonnierock
I cringe at the thought of taking it to a dealer without having a pretty good idea something is wrong. Some things are obvious - it broke - some not so. All dealers will say leave it them - selling dealer is about 60 miles away and closest dealer is about 30 miles away.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:38 PM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior

Received 969 Likes on 556 Posts

My road king does exactly the same thing. EITMS is disabled via power vision and by rolling the throttle forward. Acts exactly the same as when the EITMS is enabled. I don't care too much except the dreaded comp noise during idle when EITMS "seems" to kick in.

Last edited by MTBIG G; 11-15-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:35 PM
Rumblin
Supporter
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

And pushing the i tells you if it is disabled or not. That said, I have felt the "chugging" like it is on one cylinder and checked it and it is disabled.... Weird for sure. Twisting the throttle off with some pressure and holding it for a bit, will enable the EITMS, I'm sure you are aware.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:43 PM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior

Received 969 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by Rumblin
Twisting the throttle off with some pressure and holding it for a bit, will enable the EITMS, I'm sure you are aware.
Yep. This is my second bike with EITMS. Rolling throttle forward and holdiing will enable and disable EITMS. Good reminder though.

Unfortunately, what we seam to he experiencing is the EITMS kicking in when its supposedly disabled.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:52 PM
hillcountryflt
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MTBIG G
Yep. This is my second bike with EITMS. Rolling throttle forward and holdiing will enable and disable EITMS. Good reminder though.

Unfortunately, what we seam to he experiencing is the EITMS kicking in when its supposedly disabled.
Well that is what I think is happening.
The info display says otherwise.

Quick Reply: Shake-rattle-roll - seems like EITMS still on