Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advanblack Lower Fairing Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 10:34 AM
METALKAT
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a set this weekend, says it will be here by Aug3rd. I will also post pictures against my origianl color (red hot sunglo). I agree, if the quality and paint match is good that will save me a lot of money. I hate buying non US products but I only use them when it's cold and I just can't see spending an extra $700 for the HD ones. Fingers crossed.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:57 AM
maverick2076
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone tried their Daytona blue to see how it matches?

Old 07-24-2017, 09:25 PM
Todd21
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look great on bike

Old 07-31-2017, 02:51 PM
METALKAT
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordering Update
Last Sat. 7/29 I get an eBay email from Advan Superstore stating that my order would be shipped in two parcels, one for the accessories and one for the lowers. The accessories are on their way but they had to send the lowers back to their factory because "the fairings is not painting well". My original order for Red Hot Sunglo lowers was due for 8/3 but they said "I think we can ship it out in 2-3 days later". So it looks like god news, bad news. Good news is I'm hoping they have good quality control by catching this but the bad news is they will be coming later than expected. I can live with this as long as they match! I did reply to their email and thanked them for the update, I also stated that me buying anymore accessories from them depends on the outcome of this purchase. I also explained many HD Forum members are talking about their products and watching these threads. Hopefully my next post will be pictures of a matching set of lowers.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:31 PM
heiner921
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

anyone get anything in deep jade pearl? thinking about bags and speaker lids

Old 08-04-2017, 02:16 PM
2011RoadKing
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by heiner921
anyone get anything in deep jade pearl? thinking about bags and speaker lids
heiner921,

i too have a deep jade pearl bike, if you hear anything about the quality of their extended bags reference matching deep jade pearl let me know

or if you decide to sell your factory deep jade pearl bags let me know, John

thundertrap@hotmail.com

Old 08-04-2017, 07:54 PM
RKC1965
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Just got mine in the mail and installed. Paint is fantastic and installed nicely. 10/10 Advan...good job.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:18 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,706 Likes on 1,987 Posts

UPDATE:

After 3,300 miles to and around Sturgis this year, and upon close inspection, I have some additional comments on the AdvanBlack lowers.

Paint: Yes, it matches well. But with a little less than 5,000 miles with them on, the lowers are chipped all to hell and back. Nothing on the bike is chipped; just the lowers.

Vents: The vents in these lowers tend to move around a bit when opening and closing. After a few operations of the vents, they have to be manually "realigned" to open and close fully. This is ongoing, but seems to be getting worse.

Glove box doors: The latching mechanics continues to give me headaches. They are difficult to open, difficult to get to close, and it's gotten to the point I don' t trust them to stay closed. No big deal - I have glove boxes in my fairing, but they should work better.

If you want a set of half-priced lowers, and don't plan on worrying too much about chips, don't open and close the vents much, and don't need the glove boxes, these will work. If any of these nitpicks annoy you...

Old 08-13-2017, 02:38 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by QNman
UPDATE:

Glove box doors: The latching mechanics continues to give me headaches. They are difficult to open, difficult to get to close, and it's gotten to the point I don' t trust them to stay closed. No big deal - I have glove boxes in my fairing, but they should work better.
I had the same problem with the doors, bought the Harley latch mechanism and it works great. They are like 5 bucks each. Part #57100167.
BTW all the Harley parts interchange with the Advan Black stuff.

And if it makes you feel any better I get rock chips on my BAD DAD Bags that they painted and no chips on the rest of the bike

The following users liked this post:
QNman (08-14-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 03:19 AM
Kyle Moore
Road Master
Received 224 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by QNman
UPDATE:

After 3,300 miles to and around Sturgis this year, and upon close inspection, I have some additional comments on the AdvanBlack lowers.

Paint: Yes, it matches well. But with a little less than 5,000 miles with them on, the lowers are chipped all to hell and back. Nothing on the bike is chipped; just the lowers.

Vents: The vents in these lowers tend to move around a bit when opening and closing. After a few operations of the vents, they have to be manually "realigned" to open and close fully. This is ongoing, but seems to be getting worse.

If you want a set of half-priced lowers, and don't plan on worrying too much about chips, don't open and close the vents much, and don't need the glove boxes, these will work. If any of these nitpicks annoy you...
Ah, there’s the truth I was looking for. I’ve been trying to decide if I wanna get factory lowers from bird tracker or advan black lowers. The other stuff I can can deal with, paint that chips I cannot. I’ll be ordering factory lowers. I have an eBay king tour pack and the quality of it is pretty much nonexistent. I’m gonna sell it and get a Harley one, you can spot that it’s a fake from a mile away, I’m almost embarrassed to use it haha.

Quick Reply: Advanblack Lower Fairing Review