Sponsored by:

Danny Gray Long Haul 2-up XL on Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Rod burner
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Danny Gray Long Haul 2-up XL on Ultra Limited

I have a 2015 Ultra Limited and am currently running the stock seat on it. I am 5'-9" and approximately a 32" inseam. I would like to get a new touring seat that sets me down approximately 1" to 1.5" and back maybe an inch or so. I can flat foot the bike fine right now but sitting a bit lower is more comfortable to me and would make it easier to push the bike backwards into parking spaces, etc. I am very interested in the Danny Gray Long Haul 2-up XL with the Airhawk system, but would like to get some feedback from other riders who have used this seat on a touring bike before putting out the money for one and possibly finding out it wasn't what I thought it would be. Any opinions, advise or information on experiences with this seat and application would be greatly appreciated. Also if u have experience with this seat, how did your passenger like it if/when riding two up?
Thanks in advance.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:24 PM
ew25950
Road Master
Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

Hey Rod, I had the Airhawk Weekday 2-up XL on my streetglide and loved it. The rear bladder developed a leak within a year so I returned it via Amazon. Long return process but the seller finally just credited me after they had the seat returned for several months.

As soon as I got the credit I ordered another one, but got the AirHawk Longhaul 2-up XL by mistake. I'm basically the same size as you and didn't like the longhaul version at all. It sit me more forward than the weekday and the leg relief's didn't let me flat foot as easily. I returned the longhaul and got another weekday.

Sorry for the ramble and I know this is not what you asked for specifically. I will close with this, the airhawk is amazing for long rides. Air it up before you leave and slowly let out some air when you feel like you need a change along the way, then air it up when you stop for gas and repeat. I did that on a 6 hour ride last summer and it was damn near perfect for me.

The following 2 users liked this post by ew25950:
F150HD (03-22-2018), Rod burner (02-13-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 05:46 PM
bman7163
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had one a few years ago on my 09 SG. I'm 6' and around 185 lbs. I could neve find the sweet spot to make this seat comfortable for me. I ended up selling it here on the forum. Luckily I got it off eBay and didn't pay retail so I didn't lose much money on it.

You may have better luck but it's a little pricey if it doesn't work out for you.

The following users liked this post:
Rod burner (02-13-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 06:32 PM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a DG XL long haul with the air hawk and it sits you back and down in the bike really nice. I cannot find the sweet spot with the air bladder either. I love the look of it but I'm about 99% sure it's going to be replaced with a Mustang seat this summer. I'm 6'3" and 230lbs so I'm a bit bigger than you are. Think I may be to fat for the air bladder to work correctly. Just my $.02

Rod burner (02-13-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 07:19 PM
Rod burner
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks guys. I think the seat is awesome looking but I don't want to put out six or seven hundred dollars to find out it doesn't work for me. I'm open to other suggestions from other manufacturers as well. Thanks for all the input.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:58 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

I had the same problem myself and my wife never could get comfortable. Check corbin or C&C.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:46 PM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod burner
Thanks guys. I think the seat is awesome looking but I don't want to put out six or seven hundred dollars to find out it doesn't work for me. I'm open to other suggestions from other manufacturers as well. Thanks for all the input.
I will ship you mine for $450

Old 02-19-2017, 09:44 AM
ARBOC
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this seat for a couple of months. I went back to the old faithful mustang wide vintage

Old 02-19-2017, 11:06 AM
Kevinch
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

If you look around here a bit, you'll see MCC mentioned quite a bit for seat modifications.

I'm 5'8" tall & ride a Limited. I had MCC modify my saddle after riding to Sturgis & back in 2015. I knew I wanted to get a little closer to the pavement - 1" maximum. During the trip I found that my butt kept sliding forward too. They altered my seat to fix those issues & installed memory foam. My saddle is way comfortable now.

Check the web site; they have mods set up by appointment. Send you seat into them so it is there on the day the need it; they'll turn it around & send it back - you're only off the road for maybe 5 days.

Highly recommended.

Rod burner (02-19-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 05:42 PM
RandyJK
Advanced
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I went with the Mustang Regal wide touring and it works great for me and my wife.. very happy with it over the stock seat i had on my 14 Limited..

Quick Reply: Danny Gray Long Haul 2-up XL on Ultra Limited