2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good seat for long haul that moves you back some?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 04:54 PM
Adenton528
Road Captain
Received 204 Likes on 148 Posts

Another vote for the mustang summit. Very comfortable for me (6'0" and 240 lbs) and my wife loves it too.

Old 04-30-2017, 05:39 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Not another seat thread Drew!!! AHHHHH.

I got a C&C solo. Moves me down and back, I like it. You may not like it. No *** is the same.

The following users liked this post:
Jersey Drew (04-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 06:35 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 255 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
Not another seat thread Drew!!! AHHHHH.

I got a C&C solo. Moves me down and back, I like it. You may not like it. No *** is the same.
they are all slightly different, but i am in a sort of panic! this sucks i bought a whole new bike for these trips and now that i am riding it i see i need to make some changes. i think i really am going to "have to" tough this one out and get something when i get back.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:38 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 15 Street Glider
I can't speak to Corbin or DG but I have LePera Daddy Long Legs Maverick and Outcast. Some complain they are too hard but I like them and they move you back as advertised. Bought the Outcast first, in a pinch it will work as a 2 up but the OL couldn't take it for a long ride. The back rest is nice solo. I got a stitched Maverick that is on the bike most of the time since the OL is on it quite often. I don't love the look of the rear seat on the Maverick but it keeps the OL happy. At least it is a stylized couch.
that is good info.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:32 PM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey Drew
the more i "break in" my stock seat the more it hurts and i HATE it. so i am looking for what is out there for a nice looking seat that i can put miles on. i do not want a couch! i have used a corbin seat back in my sport bike days and it was a great saddle. i have been looking at la pera daddy long legs (either outcast or villain) and have started to check out corbin and danny gray. the le pera is the only one that states it will move you back. none of the other specify this and i need to get something ordered soon as we leave for a long trip in 18 days.

please help with some feedback.

oh and the hammock seat is no go since i have read it moves you closer and higher on the bike. and the sundowner i hear is too "mushy".
Don't know who told you the Hammock moves you closer. That's absolutely incorrect. I'm on my second Hammock and by them specifically because I have long legs and need to move back. They do sit you a tiny bit higher because it's not a deep bucket. Dealers have demo seats you can try so that you don't have to rely solely on everyone's opinions.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:53 AM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,107 Likes on 2,927 Posts

I'll add to the above post. The Hammock seat for the 2013 bikes and older move you a little further back than the 14 and newer. The height change from stock was minimal.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:08 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
I'll add to the above post. The Hammock seat for the 2013 bikes and older move you a little further back than the 14 and newer. The height change from stock was minimal.
They made a slight change to the top section of the frame on the rushmore's that is reflected in the aftermarket seats. The same seat on an 09-13 will pave a slightly higher riding position than the 14-17. Mustang will tell you the same. I move my seats around from a 10 to a 16 and now a 17.

I have been a mustang owner for more than 15 years and like them. The super solo 17 will move you back but not drop you down and will flatten the front ramp so it doesn't squish your ***** like the HD seats do. You can add a variety of passenger pillions.

Last edited by todd-67; 05-01-2017 at 06:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:27 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 540 Likes on 395 Posts

Rider only Hammock. Moves you back about a inch. A tad bit taller, I like it better than the dual Hammocks .Only have the older seat for before Rushmores.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:42 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

WHY did you start a second thread on seats??

in the other thread you stated you have no miles on the bike

FYI SEATS DO BREAK IN and maybe you should actually put some miles
on the seat you have before deeming it NO GOOD!!

Old 05-02-2017, 07:46 AM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
WHY did you start a second thread on seats??

in the other thread you stated you have no miles on the bike

FYI SEATS DO BREAK IN and maybe you should actually put some miles
on the seat you have before deeming it NO GOOD!!
why do you care? One was a complaint and one was to find suggestions on which one.

I have put 700 miles on the stock one and it is getting worse. Has hot spots that are uncomfortable, but i have already stated this.

Your suggestion is continue to ride uncomfortable on the marshmallow harley seat, thanks but no thanks.

Quick Reply: good seat for long haul that moves you back some?