2014+ Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014+ Touring Models Only
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good seat for long haul that moves you back some?

Old 04-30-2017, 02:07 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 158 Posts
Default good seat for long haul that moves you back some?

the more i "break in" my stock seat the more it hurts and i HATE it. so i am looking for what is out there for a nice looking seat that i can put miles on. i do not want a couch! i have used a corbin seat back in my sport bike days and it was a great saddle. i have been looking at la pera daddy long legs (either outcast or villain) and have started to check out corbin and danny gray. the le pera is the only one that states it will move you back. none of the other specify this and i need to get something ordered soon as we leave for a long trip in 18 days.

please help with some feedback.

oh and the hammock seat is no go since i have read it moves you closer and higher on the bike. and the sundowner i hear is too "mushy".

Old 04-30-2017, 02:29 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 998 Likes on 495 Posts

The Corbin and C&C both move you back and down. Pricey but worth it. I liked the corbin more so sold the C&C. Both great seats. A lot of folks gripe about Corbin being a brick, but they do make a softer foam. They don't advertise it, but it is available if you call. Note that softer is a relative term, their soft foam is still way firmer than the stock HD mush. I've had both and prefer the regular stiff foam.

Old 04-30-2017, 02:29 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Corbin can be ordered to fit you, Mustang has a few, Super tour, moves you back, maybe a slight raise, but more from firmer foam , i would guess

Old 04-30-2017, 02:39 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 158 Posts

since i have had one i don't mind firm because i know if it is shaped correctly it will be way more comfy than a badly shaped pillow. i am going to call corbin when they open tomorrow. i think the solo tour is a nice seat from what i can tell. i really like the le pera seats too as many have said they are comfy, but they do not look too "contoured" in the pics. the danny gray also has some IST and air tech that is interesting but i will have to call about seating position as well.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:13 PM
r2t2k2
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Good luck on getting a seat in 18 days. You will probably be able to get one of their stock seats, but my experience has been that a custom built seat will be weeks out at this time of year.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:39 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

I have owned several "The Ultimate" seats. In your case The Ultimate tall boy. They do require some break in, but the material they use is perforated and breathes, They eliminate the monkey but. It's a good looking seat. I have since quit buying seats and use the Airhawk cushion for several reasons, the biggest being the comfort.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:50 PM
chopper_man
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,591 Likes on 945 Posts

Do you have a dealer near you? All the ones around here have demo seats. Might be able to get something "off the shelf" that's to your liking rather than a custom.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:07 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,554 Likes on 5,152 Posts

No two people are shaped the same , weight the same sit the same. Seat is a personal thing. If you have one you can not live with.
First stop by the dealer try every demo seat, free cost you nothing. May not find what you want but it sure narrows things down. Next if that does not find you a seat find the local seat place. He is out there you just have not been turned on to the number yet.
have a talk and have the seat worked to your needs. Cost often $150 and down depending on what you need.
Not sure about how you get along with the dealer but here dealer will give a name to call if you need a seat reworked. He does dam good work.
Going out spending big cash on an after market seat is unlikely to solve the issues for you.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:20 PM
SNDSLGR
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

after almost a year Im still very happy with the Mustang Summit. Moves back 1.75" and wife loves it also. Good luck.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:42 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

I can't speak to Corbin or DG but I have LePera Daddy Long Legs Maverick and Outcast. Some complain they are too hard but I like them and they move you back as advertised. Bought the Outcast first, in a pinch it will work as a 2 up but the OL couldn't take it for a long ride. The back rest is nice solo. I got a stitched Maverick that is on the bike most of the time since the OL is on it quite often. I don't love the look of the rear seat on the Maverick but it keeps the OL happy. At least it is a stylized couch.

The following users liked this post:
Jersey Drew (04-30-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: good seat for long haul that moves you back some?