Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And now its on to new headers...

Old 05-16-2017, 05:29 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by mag11581
i just put a deposit on a 2016 new ultra limited.
went to pick up a new pair of boots and saw it in the showroom.
didnt do any research on exhaust.

i know this is probably gonna generate a 1000 different opinions but here goes.

whats the way to go with headers , mufflers and tuner?
what about air cleaner ?
all preference. As I stated. Before I like the fuelmoto headers. No rattling heat shields. No half baked mounting brackets to break. No decrease in ground clearance. Mufflers are up to you sound wise. Tuner I would go with the power vision if any further mod's to the engine are planned or if you want a dyno tune instead of a canned map or auto tune.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:39 PM
mag11581
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by todd-67
all preference. As I stated. Before I like the fuelmoto headers. No rattling heat shields. No half baked mounting brackets to break. No decrease in ground clearance. Mufflers are up to you sound wise. Tuner I would go with the power vision if any further mod's to the engine are planned or if you want a dyno tune instead of a canned map or auto tune.

im looking for plug and play. no cams etc.
probably leaning towards autotune.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:58 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,706 Likes on 1,987 Posts

Originally Posted by mag11581
im looking for plug and play. no cams etc.
probably leaning towards autotune.
Trust me - order it all from Fuel Moto, and it will BE "plug and play".

Old 05-17-2017, 12:07 PM
Dutch101st
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

So I reviewed FM's video on installation...I am sold. This is on the "get" for June...

Thanks everyone!

So for those using an FP3 with a hi-flo air cleaner (I have the SE Heavy Breather Elite), what canned map do you use? I am going to start with that and then autotune...

Old 05-17-2017, 12:55 PM
Bodacious MC
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts

I've been thinking about the FM ceramic headers as well. Currently on my 2014 SGS I have the Cat removed from the original header. Also using CVO cans with 2" Fulsac baffles. DJ PowerVision.
My questions is: will I hear a difference in exhaust tone by switching to the FuelMoto headers? (Deeper Tone would be good with me). I'm really fine with the set-up I have now, more power would not be the primary reason why I would would change out the headers.
So what would the benefit(s) be if I upgrade to new headers? I'm new to HD's as of 18 months ago, so I'm seeking good information.
Thanks

Old 05-17-2017, 01:14 PM
QNman
Supporter

Originally Posted by Bodacious MC
I've been thinking about the FM ceramic headers as well. Currently on my 2014 SGS I have the Cat removed from the original header. Also using CVO cans with 2" Fulsac baffles. DJ PowerVision.
My questions is: will I hear a difference in exhaust tone by switching to the FuelMoto headers? (Deeper Tone would be good with me). I'm really fine with the set-up I have now, more power would not be the primary reason why I would would change out the headers.
So what would the benefit(s) be if I upgrade to new headers? I'm new to HD's as of 18 months ago, so I'm seeking good information.
Thanks
Your sound will get louder (a little) and deeper (a little).

Less heat on your right thigh - that's why I did it, and was totally worth it.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:39 PM
Az Limited
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I recently changed the whole thing, headers and cans, had stock header with Street Cannons, good sound and performance but being in Arizona wanted to get rid of the CAT and the heat, read alot of bad reviews of decatting with the street cannons,
So I went with all S&S, power tune header, and Mark 45 cans, with the removable db killer for when you really want to be load.
This set up is Awesome.... the heat is GONE and the fans never come on anymore, so running alot cooler, and the sound is Perfect, nice deep rumble, very pleasant at crusing speed and really barks when you get on it, and the look of the 4 1/2" tracer tips is outstanding. tq. and hp. are up and so is fuel economy (when i can stay out of it).
I highly recommend this combonation.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM
nb472
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutch101st
So I reviewed FM's video on installation...I am sold. This is on the "get" for June...

Thanks everyone!

So for those using an FP3 with a hi-flo air cleaner (I have the SE Heavy Breather Elite), what canned map do you use? I am going to start with that and then autotune...
I have the FM breather, FP3, FM SS header, VH monster rounds and used the power duels map. Spot on, I also ran a auto tune but not much difference.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:56 PM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Anyone using the FM stainless head pipe also using FM crossover pipe or are most everyone using the stock smashed crossover?

Thanks

Old 05-18-2017, 09:04 AM
QNman
Supporter

Originally Posted by jdw1
Anyone using the FM stainless head pipe also using FM crossover pipe or are most everyone using the stock smashed crossover?

Thanks
Unless you are doing more than a stage 1, the stainless crossover is completely unnecessary. That's not my opinion - that's what FM told me when I ordered the header.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: And now its on to new headers...