Sponsored by:

Ride Planner routes

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 10:39 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts
Default Multiple Ride Planner routing

Trying to plan out a few routes for our Sturgis trip on HD Ride Planner and got a couple questions.

When I create a route using 'locations' and then changing all but 1st and last to POI, then save as a named route....all is good. But I cant figure out how to start a 2nd one. It always starts up from my end point of 1st route. I ended up saving the 1st route, then logged off, then back on my account, and started a 2nd route. All went good, I thought. Seems like I shouldnt have to log off/on. See no option for start new route. After I got 2 routes done and saved, (showed 2 saved routes at top of page), then when I went to review my 1st route, it was gone. The route name was still shown, but no route. 2nd route was still there in full when I went in to review it.

Thanks

Last edited by CVO SG; 08-04-2017 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Rename title
The following users liked this post:
steve04 (08-08-2017)
Old 08-04-2017, 06:52 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,696 Likes on 1,029 Posts

CVO SG - I hope I understand what you are asking.

If you develop a route on ride planner with locations, then each start to location is a separate route. If you make a route with several waypoints, then, you only have one route.

Not sure where you are coming from - but, if going to Sturgis and taking more than one day to get there, I have always developed/used the location. So, my route from my start to the end of the first day is my first route. Then, from my stop or layover location to my next layover becomes my second route.

Having said that, it all of my travel is in one day, I then use the waypoint version. Load the route and when you stop, the GPS will continue your route from your last stopped point.

If you are developing a route on ride planner, there is not a need to start a new route and you put your first on in - all you have to do is scroll down and "add a location".

When you do that, you will continue your route and there is no need to log off and back on again.

Hope this is what you are asking.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:48 AM
CVO SG
Road Warrior

I am experimenting with making a few rides(routes) while at Sturgis. So a few seperate routes so we can either ride them all or just 1, on separate days, thus thinking I need completely sep routes.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:10 AM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

You do not have to log in to use the route planner. In fact, I never log in when using it.

When you are finished with day one, you can either close and reopen the page to start fresh, or you can just delete the start location and it will delete the route and let you start your new one from day 1's end location.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Billman812
Tourer
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

I too agree there should be a 'start new route' function. Never found a way to do this other then re-open the page or as said above, delete all except new starting point but if trying to save each within rideplanner this will cause a loss of original route

Old 08-04-2017, 12:40 PM
nevets61
Road Master
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Ride planner is frustrating to me, try using https://www.motogoloco.com/map/ and when you've done your route you can export as a gpx, then just hit clear and start the next one. Much more user friendly..

Old 08-05-2017, 01:16 AM
VA_Larry
Road Captain
Received 111 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman812
I too agree there should be a 'start new route' function. Never found a way to do this other then re-open the page or as said above, delete all except new starting point but if trying to save each within rideplanner this will cause a loss of original route
After saving the route you are working on or one you want to abandon select "Clear Locations" at the bottom of the screen. This wil start a fresh map without exiting.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:40 AM
CVO SG
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by VA_Larry
After saving the route you are working on or one you want to abandon select "Clear Locations" at the bottom of the screen. This wil start a fresh map without exiting.
I'm of the same findings of Billman812.....When I do that, it deletes my just finished route even if I saved it. The name is still there in my save routes, but when I open that route, its gone. My only work around is to log off, then log back on and start new. If I have 5 routes to do, thats 5 logs off/on.

Thanks for the help guys

Old 08-05-2017, 08:32 PM
josame
Road Master
Received 291 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by nevets61
Ride planner is frustrating to me, try using https://www.motogoloco.com/map/ and when you've done your route you can export as a gpx, then just hit clear and start the next one. Much more user friendly..
I agree.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:23 AM
moloprintz
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try TYRE.
It feels like Google Maps with something like a Basecamp GUI over it.

Quick Reply: Ride Planner routes