Sponsored by:

PTT Switch Move

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 04:51 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammz
This AM the SM at my dealership had 2 of our Road Captains (that weren't able to be switched on the first attempt) bring their bikes back in. He successfully switched functions on both bikes today. I didn't talk to the SM directly, but it appears the new Tech II update has been released & it works. Bikes were '14 FLHTK w/mixed new/old switchpacks & '14 SGS w/CB added (again mixed new/old switchpacks).
I'm sure you didn't ask but I'd like to know what version of the Tech II your dealer has. My dealer said he has the 11.1 and that was the latest version. What dealer did your friends go to, I'd like to call them and find out what version they're running then bring this to my dealer, thanks!

Old 10-23-2017, 08:08 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

OK, need a favor from someone with the lighted switch packs. I was out riding yesterday and got home after dark, I noticed the 2 switches/buttons (CB and Cruise) and the 2 joysticks are NOT lit up. All the other buttons (signals, start-stop) are illuminated but not those 4. Makes me wonder why Harley charges more for those lighted switches if they don't light up...UNLESS there's something wrong with mine. Can someone check theirs and let me know...really appreciate it, TIA!

Old 10-23-2017, 09:22 AM
Prairie Shark
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

IUOE ROB,

The toggles and CB/cruise switches are not lit but the four arrows around each one are. At least that is the case on my 2015 Road Glide.

The following 2 users liked this post by Prairie Shark:
IUOE ROB (10-23-2017), Ultraskier (04-18-2019)
Old 10-23-2017, 11:29 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Prairie Shark
IUOE ROB,

The toggles and CB/cruise switches are not lit but the four arrows around each one are. At least that is the case on my 2015 Road Glide.
Thank you Prairie, that's what I saw last night, the arrows were lit but not the switches...which raises the question, WHY DOES Harley charge $6 more for the lighted buttons vs. the non-lighted ones...hmmmm!

Old 10-23-2017, 04:47 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,722 Likes on 1,045 Posts

Prairie Shark is correct - that is what lights up.

Curious - do you need new buttons? If for the PTT change, just pull them off and switch them

Old 10-23-2017, 07:57 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by cycle7447
Prairie Shark is correct - that is what lights up.

Curious - do you need new buttons? If for the PTT change, just pull them off and switch them
I haven't done the switch yet as I can't find a dealer who can do it yet, I'm working on that. So no, I don't need them yet, if I break one that's another story. I just wanted to know if they lit up or if my switch packs were not working correctly, you and Prairie answered that for me! Thanks...

Old 10-27-2017, 08:43 PM
SMsgt Tom
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So what is the conclusion for this? I asked my dealer in Wichita about this yesterday. They had no clue. . .

Old 10-27-2017, 08:55 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by SMsgt Tom
So what is the conclusion for this? I asked my dealer in Wichita about this yesterday. They had no clue. . .
I called a dealer in Michigan who, as reported from a member here had done the update. He started explaining things to me, when I mentioned the lighted switch packs he seemed to think that was the problem with mine not being able to be switched. He did mention that a new update to the Tech II was coming soon which would solve all the problems, the same thing my local dealer told me. I stopped by my local dealer today and he said nothing yet, I'll try again next week.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:57 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by flash1964
I think this should be done as a recall, in my opinion it puts you in a dangerous situation at times. Trying to talk on CB and giving fuel at same time.
Just my opinion! I could be wrong.
This is my first HD with cruise or CB, so I used to where they are positioned. However, I agree with what you wrote in red above. In addition, trying to turn the volume up on the radio and hitting RESUME on the cruise while spilting lanes in CA is a thrill

Old 10-28-2017, 12:15 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 577 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
This is my first HD with cruise or CB, so I used to where they are positioned. However, I agree with what you wrote in red above. In addition, trying to turn the volume up on the radio and hitting RESUME on the cruise while spilting lanes in CA is a thrill
A tip for the bumps causing squelch down while in transmit mode: Pull the PTT switch cover, find an o-ring of proper size, slip in over the switch cover & put it back together. Won't completely fix the problem, but it will help lesson the issue. The squelch up/down will still function, but the o-ring will add extra resistance helping reduce the bumps' influence on PTT operation.

Quick Reply: PTT Switch Move