Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTT Switch Move

Old 09-13-2017, 08:36 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 574 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by cycle7447
Interesting - wonder why they didn't make the 18s that way.

Also, would be nice if they removed the squelch from that. If I recall, on my 11, my cruise was on right and the CD was where the odometer changer is.

This would prevent us from hitting squelch when we hit the CB
You're mixing brands now; H-D never had any control button where the Rushmores' odo switch is located.

But the cruise was on the right side, CB on the left. Squelch control used to be forward/back movement of the PTT switch instead of the Rushmores' up/down PTT switch.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:43 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 574 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewmany
Sounds like something they'd use that digital technician device to hook into the ECM, probably not unlike having them change the configuration so the driving/passing lights stay on when you hit your brights. Shouldn't have anything to do with the Boom Audio system.
Exactly! A simple programming change in the CANBus switch assignments. The change needs to be done to the BCM (body control module) via the Tech II same as how Aux/Fog lamps get changed to operate with high beam headlight.

I submitted a suggestion to H-D to make this available as an optional change 4 years ago. To fully document the change, simply pull the switch covers & swap them side to side at the same time the programming change is made & the modification becomes fully documented as the switches will be correctly labeled for their newly programmed function assignments.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:49 AM
flash1964
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think this should be done as a recall, in my opinion it puts you in a dangerous situation at times. Trying to talk on CB and giving fuel at same time.
Just my opinion! I could be wrong.

The following users liked this post:
BobRed0965 (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 11:21 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by MilesOfTexas
Last Saturday, while at my local HD dealership, a friend of mine told me that HD has released a software update that allows the PTT button function to be swapped with the cruise control button. FINALLY! The dealer has to do the software update then use their machine they hook up to remap what button does what. My friend has a '17 CVO and had his done with zero issues. I tried to have mine done but they ran into issues and there were no radio guys available at HD Tech on Saturdays. It is my understanding that this is for all '14 and later Rushmores with a CB.
I sent you a PM about this I really would like to find out more about the update and I called my dealer who hasn't heard of it yet.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:26 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by dh_meyer
So plugs in under side cover ? Under seat ? Other location ?
Wherever the diagnostic port is for your bike. Not familar with any other than what I have, and it's tucked under the left side panel cover. Other bikes may differ?

Old 09-14-2017, 11:59 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Just called a local dealer and neither he (nor the Service Manager) had heard about it. Hoping it's true, that would be a major improvement!

Old 09-14-2017, 12:04 PM
dh_meyer
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammz
... To fully document the change, simply pull the switch covers & swap them side to side at the same time the programming change is made & the modification becomes fully documented as the switches will be correctly labeled for their newly programmed function assignments.
I dont think that completes the documentation - the function labels are on the 'BUTTON's, not the switch covers. Thats why I asked earlier about swapping the buttons.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:53 PM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

I don't think you can switch the buttons because I think the switchpak is an Integrated unit, but I can be wrong.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:23 PM
dh_meyer
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by santajim
I don't think you can switch the buttons because I think the switchpak is an Integrated unit, but I can be wrong.
I know that the cruise and CB PTT buttons each have their own unique part number, so was hoping that meant each part is 'replaceable' .............. and perhaps therefore swap-able ?

I wont be the first to try prying them apart, I know that !

Old 09-14-2017, 11:59 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,931 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by santajim
I sent you a PM about this I really would like to find out more about the update and I called my dealer who hasn't heard of it yet.
Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Just called a local dealer and neither he (nor the Service Manager) had heard about it. Hoping it's true, that would be a major improvement!

There is a HDNet service bulletin on the update. Have your service manager check on HDNet.

The following users liked this post:
IUOE ROB (09-15-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PTT Switch Move