Sponsored by:

2018 Naviextra Maps

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 08:45 PM
tmichelena
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleyrlb
Because the information is through the 2nd quarter of 2016 or June 30, 2016. That is the unfortunate thing about Navieextras. They supply the map database of a number of the car manufactures too and they charge just as much. Now if only we could get Garmin map updates like you can for the stand alone navigation devices it would be great.
Did you update last year's map? What version did it say? I did. Said 2017. Now, it says 2016 when I purchased 2018. Am I missing something?

Old 10-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Harleyrlb
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tmichelena
Did you update last year's map? What version did it say? I did. Said 2017. Now, it says 2016 when I purchased 2018. Am I missing something?
Yes I did update it last year. My software said MY2017. The database was through the 3rd quarter of 2015 (without me looking at it). The new one is MY2018. When I log onto my account with Navieextras, it will tell me if I already downloaded the version. It does not say that for the one that just showed up and is designated MY2018. If it doesn't contain new information from the MY2017, then they are committing a fraud. I don't think you will find that to be the case. We would wind up getting free updates for a few years if that kind of information was brought to a court.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:19 PM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior

Received 313 Likes on 173 Posts

I bought the newest update in October 2016. Up until June of this year, when I tested the "2017" update by "adding to the cart"....it would say "Warning...you have already purchased this update." I just tried a second ago....for the 2018 update. It allowed me to add to the cart. So maybe this is an ACTUAL update to the last update which was 2016Q2.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:33 PM
Harleyrlb
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BigDawgQC
I bought the newest update in October 2016. Up until June of this year, when I tested the "2017" update by "adding to the cart"....it would say "Warning...you have already purchased this update." I just tried a second ago....for the 2018 update. It allowed me to add to the cart. So maybe this is an ACTUAL update to the last update which was 2016Q2.
Thank you for confirming what I said above. I too bought last years update in October 2016. It would tell me the same thing when I went back to check for updates. I might add that once you buy the update, you need to make a fingerprint thumb drive, to install the update. Once you get the update installed you will want to make a new fingerprint to use to check for updates to the MY2018. I found that at least once they updated the MY2017 version and I was able to install an update several months ago.

The following users liked this post:
BigDawgQC (10-02-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 10:33 AM
FLHTK2015
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes I did update it last year. My software said MY2017. The database was through the 3rd quarter of 2015 (without me looking at it). The new one is MY2018. When I log onto my account with Navieextras, it will tell me if I already downloaded the version. It does not say that for the one that just showed up and is designated MY2018. If it doesn't contain new information from the MY2017, then they are committing a fraud. I don't think you will find that to be the case. We would wind up getting free updates for a few years if that kind of information was brought to a court.
Straight from the Naviextras website below the downloads. . They got their *sses covered.
* * Please note that content is provided by third parties. NNG does not make any representation regarding the suitability, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the content, and shall not be held liable for any deficiencies thereof.
(Shall you encounter any deficiency of the content, please contact the content provider with your complaint.)

Old 10-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Harleyrlb
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FLHTK2015
Straight from the Naviextras website below the downloads. . They got their *sses covered.
* * Please note that content is provided by third parties. NNG does not make any representation regarding the suitability, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the content, and shall not be held liable for any deficiencies thereof.
(Shall you encounter any deficiency of the content, please contact the content provider with your complaint.)
I saw that but there are ways around that. Once they are put on notice of an issue they have liability if the issue is not corrected. Besides, who is the third party provider? When I had an issue with the download of the MY2017 I had a tough time addressing the problem. Navieextras is in Budapest, Hungary.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:10 PM
john31224
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tmichelena
Hi there,
Naviextras released their 2018 maps for our bikes. My bike gets this update annually. I updated without a problem. Until, I went to the nav database page and saw this! WTF! Anybody else do this/have this problem? I have an email into them now.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom I can confirm that after purchasing the MY2018 maps on Naviextras and installing them that the bike now displays HMNA2016Q2.

I can also concur that last year after the 2015 map upgrade it displayed MY2017.

Maybe they are showing the actual date of the maps for legal reasons.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Harleyrlb
Cruiser

Originally Posted by john31224
Tom I can confirm that after purchasing the MY2018 maps on Naviextras and installing them that the bike now displays HMNA2016Q2.

I can also concur that last year after the 2015 map upgrade it displayed MY2017.

Maybe they are showing the actual date of the maps for legal reasons.
I just installed the update in my bike. I have not checked to see whether it says MY-2018 or something else. I am going to guess that they decided to be less misleading by letting customers know that the update includes info through June 2016. However that should be clear on their website before you buy. I think the update last year only included info through the second or third quarter of 2015.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:16 PM
tmichelena
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

I just installed the update in my bike. I have not checked to see whether it says MY-2018 or something else. I am going to guess that they decided to be less misleading by letting customers know that the update includes info through June 2016. However that should be clear on their website before you buy. I think the update last year only included info through the second or third quarter of 2015.
Please look and see what it says on your bike.

Thanks,
Tom

Old 10-03-2017, 09:22 PM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior

Received 313 Likes on 173 Posts

I don't have an "in-dash" style GPS system in any of my cages. But from what I've read, most of the automakers units are just like the Boom we have. Usually 1-2 year old maps. Sounds like they do not update those systems as much as stand alone Garmin style units do. Hell, Google does about every month.....Free.

Quick Reply: 2018 Naviextra Maps