Sponsored by:

Corbin Dual Tour vs Classic Solo vs Hollywood solo

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 07:28 AM
hypecat
Tourer
Received 136 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Corbin Dual Tour vs Classic Solo vs Hollywood solo

Does anyone have experience with the differences in comfort with these seats? I'm looking for a new seat for my 2017 Ultra.

I have a Corbin Dual Tour which I love, I also have a Harley CVO solo seat and passenger pillion which I don't like as much. I would like to have a solo option that is as comfortable as my Corbin. I am considering replace both seats with a Corbin Classic solo and touring piliion, but want to be sure it will be as comfortable as my dual tour for both me and my passenger.

Also, is the Hollywood solo comfortable, it looks nicer than the classic solo IMO.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:07 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

No.

But a member is selling a C&C Leather Solo w/ backrest and Pillon for a fair price.

Its pretty new in terms of milage, as he also it bought from another member.

JMHO, Best Damn seat for my azz, and I have both a C&C Solo and a Sports touring saddle!

YB

Old 10-21-2017, 09:14 AM
hypecat
Tourer
Received 136 Likes on 43 Posts

I have had many seats, didn't like any of the Harley seats much, but as they go, the 08 Road Glide seat was the best. Had a Mustang, wasn't bad, but I love my Corbin Dual Tour. I don't want to start all over, just want to know if the Corbin Classic Solo and Touring pillion would be as comfortable as my Dual Tour.

This is just a sample.

Attached Thumbnails Corbin Dual Tour vs Classic Solo vs Hollywood solo-20170603_130146.jpg  
Old 10-26-2017, 08:57 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by hypecat
I have had many seats, didn't like any of the Harley seats much, but as they go, the 08 Road Glide seat was the best. Had a Mustang, wasn't bad, but I love my Corbin Dual Tour. I don't want to start all over, just want to know if the Corbin Classic Solo and Touring pillion would be as comfortable as my Dual Tour.

This is just a sample.
That is some sample, I also have the Corbin dual and love it. Would like to know the answer to your question as well. Have you tired calling Corbin in CA?

Old 10-27-2017, 06:36 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 421 Likes on 284 Posts
Default Seats

Originally Posted by hypecat

This is just a sample.
Oh man that's a collection , I really like my Corbin solo tour

Old 10-30-2017, 12:29 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

I've had a Corbin Classic Solo on my last 3 Harley's and highly recommend them. Never had any other Corbin.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:37 PM
Mr-Mike
Road Master
Received 179 Likes on 148 Posts

If your other Corbins are from the early 2000, I can say the newer ones are not the same and not (IMO) as comfortable. For one, they changed their suppliers a while back. If you go Corbin, don't make the mistake I did and have them do any customizing. I ordered a Dual Tour and had them do some extra work. They totally botched it up and then the customer service completely blew me off. I was stuck with a useless seat. Now it's with a full custom upholsterer in PA to get it sorted out.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:30 PM
scooterroid
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my Corbin Hollywood Solo. Fits me and my 2015 RG perfect. Not happy with Corbin's stitching. 2 seats with bad stitching. And I take care of my stuff. I haven't found any other seat I'd rather have, though. Hopefully Corbin's quality will improve.

Scoots

Old 11-14-2018, 07:19 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 421 Likes on 284 Posts
Default Seat

Originally Posted by Mr-Mike
If your other Corbins are from the early 2000, I can say the newer ones are not the same and not (IMO) as comfortable. For one, they changed their suppliers a while back. If you go Corbin, don't make the mistake I did and have them do any customizing. I ordered a Dual Tour and had them do some extra work. They totally botched it up and then the customer service completely blew me off. I was stuck with a useless seat. Now it's with a full custom upholsterer in PA to get it sorted out.
i had the same problem with the seat they built for me , they have a problem with customer service

Old 11-20-2018, 10:53 AM
jcarruth
Cruiser
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Corbin "Dual Tour Fire and Ice" on my RGS. I highly recommend the heated option, the jury is still out on the cooling.
Got it used, cheap, late October so have not ridden in heat yet.

Corbins also on my Ducati, KLR and my ST1300
I guess you can tell I like Corbins, I got most of them used.

Quick Reply: Corbin Dual Tour vs Classic Solo vs Hollywood solo