Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best SGS seat for looks & comfort?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 02:04 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

But, I will say this, the Hammock is one hell of a comfortable seat.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:52 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by duckbagger
Thanks for the feedback. I like the look of the full length seat with a tapered back, but don't want to kill my butt. Most of my day rides are a couple hundred miles or so.

Got surprised with a Xmas bonus this week, may be going with the Le Pera Outcast.
I've had 3 LePera seats, Outcast, Maverick and Villian. I liked them all, but they are firm seats. I spent 10 yrs on a hardtail so they are all an improvement in comfort.

The Outcast works poorly for 2 up, not it's intended use and it was tough on the OL girly parts with the rear slope.

The Maverick is her preferred seat, I can live with it, but, for style I really like the Villain. Don't think it fits your need as it is lower and certainly a sacrifice of comfort for style.

I sold the Outcast as it was not a 2-up seat nor was it a Daddy Longs Legs version. I kept the other 2 - we use the Villain for short rides and the Maverick for longer rides.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:58 PM
08FXDL
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

For me the most comfortable seat that still retains the "stripped down" look of the Street Glide has been a C&C Wide Solo with backrest. I can easily do day trips on it without issues. If you still want the option of having a passenger they have a choice of a couple different passenger pillions too.

Old 12-17-2017, 06:13 PM
duckbagger
Road Captain
Received 207 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by No U Glider
I've had 3 LePera seats, Outcast, Maverick and Villian. I liked them all, but they are firm seats. I spent 10 yrs on a hardtail so they are all an improvement in comfort.

The Outcast works poorly for 2 up, not it's intended use and it was tough on the OL girly parts with the rear slope.

The Maverick is her preferred seat, I can live with it, but, for style I really like the Villain. Don't think it fits your need as it is lower and certainly a sacrifice of comfort for style.

I sold the Outcast as it was not a 2-up seat nor was it a Daddy Longs Legs version. I kept the other 2 - we use the Villain for short rides and the Maverick for longer rides.
Good info thanks. If we go 2-up it's easy enough to put the hammock back on, so the back taper wouldn't be an issue.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:47 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

OK don't get me wrong, I love my Hammock seat for touring and riding two-up, but I've got to admit it's a little on the ugly side.

I recently taught my wife to ride and she's now got her own Sporty, so I'm doing a lot more solo riding. I'm thinking of a second seat for day trips and town cruising, one that's a little more compatible with the looks of the Street Glide.

I really like the looks of the Corbin Gunfighter and the La Pera Silhouette, but don't know how comfortable they would be after a few hours in the saddle. Also I don't want anything really low (I like the height of the Hammock). I am also considering just sending the stock seat to Mean City.

Feedback from anyone else who has gone this route would be appreciated.
Call me crazy, but I like the stock Street Glide seat. I have one on my Limited when I ride solo and prefer it to the stock touring seat.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:17 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

Comfort and looks don't seem to go hand in hand, if you can get your hands on a cvo seat you probably will be happy with it. I have both the hammock and the stock cvo so I'm going to tell you the hammock is going to be hard to remove once you put it on. And I don't mean labor lol

Last edited by 5150northrider; 12-17-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:36 AM
duckbagger
Road Captain
Received 207 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 5150northrider
Comfort and looks don't seem to go hand in hand, if you can get your hands on a cvo seat you probably will be happy with it. I have both the hammock and the stock cvo so I'm going to tell you the hammock is going to be hard to remove once you put it on. And I don't mean labor lol
Yeah I'm trying to have it both ways for sure, will have to sacrifice something no doubt. This is an expensive time of year for me; I don't ride much and spend too much time thinking of things to do to my bike.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:30 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

Yeah I'm trying to have it both ways for sure, will have to sacrifice something no doubt. This is an expensive time of year for me; I don't ride much and spend too much time thinking of things to do to my bike.
just put a good sized backrest and leave the hammock seat on... better to ride in comfort then to stand and admire, now that I think about it take photos of it with the solo seat and look at them before you climb on. best of both worlds. I'm almost serious about this. I really do like ridding with the hammock seat
or you can go with this when it's just you, it covers the big *** back seat and really is handy

Last edited by 5150northrider; 12-18-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:24 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

board tracker has the CVO similar seat in black 52000248 and pillion 52400140 for $524 shipped, been considering it myself due to the reviews of its long distance comfort

Last edited by 1HD1C; 12-19-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:19 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

If it's not the actual CVO seat, it won't be as comfortable. That 2 piece CVO seat is awesome!

Quick Reply: Best SGS seat for looks & comfort?