Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best SGS seat for looks & comfort?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 06:59 PM
Reilly
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My $0.02.. I bought the CVO set up and rode on it all last season. It looks great and it was good for our ride up and back to Cabot Trail Nova Scotia, 6-days and over 1800 miles. No complaints but I had a chance to sell it and I did. After searching this forum for nights on end and cruising Google images I was discouraged to see that HD Forum folks all zero in on the followingl Corbin, Mustang, Hammocks, Saddlemen, etc... No mention of Ultimate Seats. I had an Ultimate on my VTX before getting my SGS. So... yeah... I just received my Ultimate Mid-rider Solo with Backrest and was able to put it on and go for a ride before the snow started. I just wanted to say that sometimes you need to step out of the box and search for seats that are not common on this forum. This seat is extremely comfortable and looks great. I wish there were more images on line and I can't wait till spring to go for a distance ride. Here is a picture. Sorry it is not a great picture outdoors but check it out.
...upload failed... must try something different ... I'll try a different method to post pictures.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:08 PM
Reilly
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 12-20-2017, 09:03 AM
RollTideRoadGlide
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Another Vote here for the CVO style seat. Doesn't look like much but it is very comfy.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Shakin
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, let's be Straight up Harley Davidson makes The Same Old Seat's Fit for Every one !!!

Get Wise , i had listened to a podcast from Lawabiding Biker , there was a guy on it with Paul Pelland also so known as longhaulpaul.com , his description on riding , is get a Seat to Fit You Butt , not someone else's .

I bit the Bullet and Spent the $$$ , i bought a Hamack seat also . Bad Mistake , fit me just ok , but Wife not so !!! I Went to BMS Saddles , from Rocky Mayer . Seat's are made to Ride and SMILE while Riding !!! Went from 45 miles to over 150 in one clip riding . It had been over 27 years not riding , we are so glad we bought the BMS seat . And you will Also , there are other seat builders but i did the Foot work for you !!! Stay away from them , Each BMS seat is Built for You & your rider . And Gel seat's are not Good i tried it also !!! Donald Cross , Manassas,Va.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:44 PM
SSpeeDEMONSS
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakin
Ok, let's be Straight up Harley Davidson makes The Same Old Seat's Fit for Every one !!!

Get Wise , i had listened to a podcast from Lawabiding Biker , there was a guy on it with Paul Pelland also so known as longhaulpaul.com , his description on riding , is get a Seat to Fit You Butt , not someone else's .

I bit the Bullet and Spent the $$$ , i bought a Hamack seat also . Bad Mistake , fit me just ok , but Wife not so !!! I Went to BMS Saddles , from Rocky Mayer . Seat's are made to Ride and SMILE while Riding !!! Went from 45 miles to over 150 in one clip riding . It had been over 27 years not riding , we are so glad we bought the BMS seat . And you will Also , there are other seat builders but i did the Foot work for you !!! Stay away from them , Each BMS seat is Built for You & your rider . And Gel seat's are not Good i tried it also !!! Donald Cross , Manassas,Va.
So I should get a seat that fits me and not someone else. Ok. The BMS works great for you, who is to say it will work for me? If your advice is to get something that fits me and not someone else’s then you probably shouldn’t be recommending a seat that fits you to someone else. Just my take on that. Not trying to offend.

Garrett

Old 12-21-2017, 06:32 AM
Shakin
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, then please tell me why over 65% of Riders that have done the Iron Butt ride - 11,000. miles in 11 Day's use BMS seat's { Fact } And if you did your research you would know . I understand i Don't want to Offend ! LOL
But those are the fact's

Last edited by Shakin; 12-21-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:34 AM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakin
Ok, then please tell me why over 65% of Riders that have done the Iron Butt ride - 11,000. miles in 11 Day's use BMS seat's { Fact } And if you did your research you would know . I understand i Don't want to Offend ! LOL
But those are the fact's
MOST good looking seats aren't very comfortable. I have a Russell daylong I use for 2,000 mile and up weeks. It's hideously ugly but super comfy. My cvo solo is on for everything else. It's good for back to back 8 hour days

Old 12-22-2017, 09:31 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

I hate to echo myself, but, your best option, for best looking and best feeling, is your STOCK seat, with a MeanCityCycles rework. My suggestion, would be the Iron Butt with a narrowed thigh area.
http://meancitycycles.com/index.php?...186&Itemid=226

Old 12-24-2017, 08:24 AM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

I tried several, the C&C I bought fit the looks and comfort I was after. The Street Glide needs a seat that looks cool, I have a Russell Day Long on my Limited, but would never of put that on my SGS

Last edited by lyork; 12-24-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:33 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Like a few recommended...three words...Mean City Cycles!

Call Allen at 1-866-550-SEAT today...they get busy during off-season. You and your a$$ won't regret it!

Quick Reply: Best SGS seat for looks & comfort?