Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LA Chopper Twin Peaks - 12" to 10"

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 04:54 PM
GLW Mike
Club Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Joe, for me... I like the straighter bars/wrist angle. I guess if I could design them, I would add a couple degrees more of angle, but I find the twin peaks bars fine as is.

so much is personal preference and a leap of faith to buy new. If you can find others with different bars you can sit on and try, that's ideal. Since I didnt, I took the gamble and it worked out.

I considered the Yaffe bars cash64 mentioned, but decided on less pullback.

Last edited by GLW Mike; 02-25-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:29 PM
waginc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve had both 10”Monkey Bar & 12” Twin Peaks, I personally think that the Monkey Bars put my wrists at a different angle which were more comfortable.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:59 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

These are yaffe 8 inch Monkey Bagger Bars that actually measure over 9 inches in comparison to how other makers measure thire bars. And they are the only bars Iv had other than the stock bars so i can't help with a comparing 12 inch bars. But iv enjoyed the wrist Angle very much and the height puts my hands behind the fairing. The welds look very nice, everything matches perfectly- But the chrome is cheap and apparently very thin they are rusting terrible under the sharp bend on the top and really all over the place there are little rust spots. I dont want to take them off again to get them powder coated Black but going to very soon and probably get the forks and a few other bits and pieces at the same time.

Last edited by Gwaxley; 02-26-2018 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:54 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

Thanks for the info on the Yaffe bars. I remember when looking at bars that Yaffe has a higher rise than others. They sure aren't cheap - shame about the chrome. Have you contacted them?

Old 02-26-2018, 08:56 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

I have 10" TP's, i like them, but there is less pull back than stock, probably close to the 12" you have, except shorter,top part of the Hands are right at the top of fairing, wind hits, (for me ) right at the knuckles. I don't think you said what makes them uncomfortable for you, if you need more pull back, not the bars for you, if you just want them a little lower, they'll work

Old 02-26-2018, 09:48 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike
I've had the 12" Twin Peaks on my '15 SGS for almost 3 years now. The longest distance I've ridden is 500 miles. For some reason, I just can't seem to get completely comfortable. I think I'm going to install the 10" Twin Peaks and sell the 12". Not crazy about running the wires through the bars again but oh well, it really wasn't that bad if you're patient. I'll probably install heated grips while I'm running wires in the bars.

Anyone have 10" Twin Peaks? How do they feel compared to stock? I believe stock is a 7.5" rise.

Since Daytona Bike Week is two weeks away, I'll probably do it when I get back. If anyone is looking for 12" Twin Peaks in perfect condition, shoot me a PM. I'll probably ask $180.
just a thought.... it can also be pull back and not grip height

Old 02-26-2018, 12:49 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

Originally Posted by tpcowfish
I have 10" TP's, i like them, but there is less pull back than stock, probably close to the 12" you have, except shorter,top part of the Hands are right at the top of fairing, wind hits, (for me ) right at the knuckles. I don't think you said what makes them uncomfortable for you, if you need more pull back, not the bars for you, if you just want them a little lower, they'll work
I feel they're too high. I'm getting an aching right in between my shoulder blades.

When you guys say pullback, do you actually mean pullback or wrist angle? I actually adjusted the bars back towards me 1", no help. I think the wrist angle is fine on the bars.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:47 AM
Gambat
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I put 10" Todd's Cycle bars on my 14Limited. Very comfortable for me. Similar to the Twin Peaks but with more pullback (TP’s @ 5-1/4” / Todd’s @ 10”). They straighten my wrist to a more natural position on the bars and the height works for me.

The following users liked this post:
Sol (08-07-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 02:27 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Gambat
I put 10" Todd's Cycle bars on my 14Limited. Very comfortable for me. Similar to the Twin Peaks but with more pullback (TP’s @ 5-1/4” / Todd’s @ 10”). They straighten my wrist to a more natural position on the bars and the height works for me.

Those look to be perfect, nice, congrat's

The following users liked this post:
Gambat (03-01-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 07:33 PM
dcneal960
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to buy your bars

Originally Posted by BigMike
I've had the 12" Twin Peaks on my '15 SGS for almost 3 years now. The longest distance I've ridden is 500 miles. For some reason, I just can't seem to get completely comfortable. I think I'm going to install the 10" Twin Peaks and sell the 12". Not crazy about running the wires through the bars again but oh well, it really wasn't that bad if you're patient. I'll probably install heated grips while I'm running wires in the bars.

Anyone have 10" Twin Peaks? How do they feel compared to stock? I believe stock is a 7.5" rise.

Since Daytona Bike Week is two weeks away, I'll probably do it when I get back. If anyone is looking for 12" Twin Peaks in perfect condition, shoot me a PM. I'll probably ask $180.

do you still have the bars for sale?

Quick Reply: LA Chopper Twin Peaks - 12" to 10"