Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another ESP warranty thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 02:36 PM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Every ESP claim I have had, whether it was for a flat tire, worn out clutch, etc, was always called in for approval before the work was performed.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:35 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Wondering if you took it to your Indy would a HD inspector still be coming out.
Talked to my indy today. Yes, he has had inspectors come to his shop to look at/approve warranty work. Only has to do that if he wants to get reimbursed for the parts/labor. He said he has heard of HD doing this more and more.

Is this a dealer thing or an ESP thing?
Not sure.

...good luck and please keep us updated.
Will do.

Last edited by PopsHD; 03-12-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:40 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Unfortunately people abuse it. The lady that sold me our tire warranty on the 2016 we bought over two years back actually told us how to cheat and get news tires free that would more than cover the cost of the warranty. I told her I could not do that. She was fired three months after we bought our bike for things like this and for promising us other things they would do that were not true and not authorized.

I would not sweat it if you play honest.

Good luck
True but unfortunate. It's those that make things hard for us who are honest. I definitely am not trying or wanting to get something for nothing. I want everything to be on the up and up. But I also don't want to bend over and take it. I paid good money for the ESP and just want things replaced as long as my situation meets the terms and conditions of the ESP, which the dealer is saying I do qualify for the tire replacement.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:44 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tbob
Is your policy with CNA? and I have seen this if the dealer has been busted on claims.
Yes, CNA.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 381 Likes on 226 Posts

Maybe they are skeptical of both tires having nails in them. Maybe they wonder whether the customer just needed new tires and didn't want to pay for them. I am not suggesting anything, just guessing on why it is being visited.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:05 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Sandcrab
Maybe they are skeptical of both tires having nails in them. Maybe they wonder whether the customer just needed new tires and didn't want to pay for them. I am not suggesting anything, just guessing on why it is being visited.
Yeah, I can see that. The front was flat. Based on tread of both the front and rear prior to this incident, I would have ridden many more miles before replacing them. I just happened to notice the nail in the rear while waiting on my buddy to get his trailer. Dealer says inspector will remove the nail to determine if the tire will leak and how far it penetrated.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:30 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandcrab
That's it I bet,It would seem a little odd.I have never had a issue.When I was getting my house built,I had two and they never questioned anything.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:15 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,696 Likes on 1,029 Posts

I had a replacement headset 2 years ago. They called ESP - but, no one asked for an inspection.

If I were a guessing person, I might think they called because you are probably due for new tires soon - and now have nails in both the front and rear.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:35 AM
PopsHD
Road Warrior

Again, I wasn't due for new tires. Still have plenty of tread on both and the front went flat due to running over something in the road. Don't know if it was a nail or what, as I found nothing in the tire. I would have ridden many more miles on both tires had it not been for the front flat and then noticing a nail in the rear.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:40 AM
Serdvd6
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

The ESP are sending the inspector because of both tires, I was a service manager at a BMW (auto) dealership before retiring, which sold BMW Wheel and Tire plans (that was a third party) if we called in one wheel or just one tire, they would give you auth over the phone, if it was any multiples such as a tire and wheel or two tires or two wheels, they always sent a local independent inspector that took pictures and check tread depth and then would send his report into the ESP company, most of the time he would phone them, then hand the phone over to the advisor. As long as it has over the minimum tread depth it shouldn't be a problem. Its unusual that both are flat or have nails, that's why there coming. Also even though it says Harley Davidson ESP, its still through a third party.

Quick Reply: Another ESP warranty thread