Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't connect phone via USB cable to Boom Box 6.5

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 09:21 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 421 Likes on 284 Posts

I use my I6 phone and listen to pandora with no problems with the exception of no signal on some of the mountains here in north ga.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:44 AM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 133 Posts

Create a playlist on your iPhone (or whatever phone you have) and BTooth stream it. That's easiest way to listen to what I want for me. I have an iPhone 8 and it works fine.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:52 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

I use the USB stick and never had any issues with it. The phone would cause reading errors when i had it paired to the boom system.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:22 PM
vhmike73
Road Captain

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

I had no issues with playing music off my iPhone when it was connected via USB, but Android doesn't put it's focus on being a media player like iOS does. So since I store all my music on the microSD card that's in my Samsung GS7, it won't read my music/playlists when I'm USB connected; I get a message that no playable media is found. My solution is to use a tiny
64GB SanDisk Cruzer USB 64GB SanDisk Cruzer USB
drive that I can load up with tons of music and just leave on the bike (it's barely noticeable when it's plugged in). If there's something on my phone that I want to listen to, I can connect via Bluetooth and that works fine as well. I usually leave my phone in the Tour Pak. I have the wall organizer, so I put the phone in one of the pockets and use the 12v power port to keep it charged up.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:12 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by vhmike73
I had no issues with playing music off my iPhone when it was connected via USB, but Android doesn't put it's focus on being a media player like iOS does. So since I store all my music on the microSD card that's in my Samsung GS7, it won't read my music/playlists when I'm USB connected; I get a message that no playable media is found. My solution is to use a tiny 64GB SanDisk Cruzer USB drive that I can load up with tons of music and just leave on the bike (it's barely noticeable when it's plugged in). If there's something on my phone that I want to listen to, I can connect via Bluetooth and that works fine as well. I usually leave my phone in the Tour Pak. I have the wall organizer, so I put the phone in one of the pockets and use the 12v power port to keep it charged up.

this will fix your problem.

The following users liked this post:
Idahokid (03-27-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 08:50 AM
indyharleyguy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Sirius XM subscription and can stream it via Bluetooth just fine with my phone. But can't get my music on my Note 8 to play at all. I've got the music in the memory of the phone and on the SD card.
I have the radio setup to reply to a text saying I'll get back to you later on the Bike. It works just fine also. The little thumb drive I've used works ok also but it doesn't show my Playlist. Not sure why I've attached the screenshot but when I follow the link it's for a Apple.
Does anyone know the manufacture of the radio? I want to get in tough with them and see what they say. Thanks for all the responses also.

Attached Thumbnails Can't connect phone via USB cable to Boom Box 6.5-bike-screenshot_20180317-103938.jpg  

Last edited by indyharleyguy; 03-24-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:06 AM
indyharleyguy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slowrollin
Does it connect via Bluetooth and show the Playlist?
It connects via Bluetooth but I can't get my music that way either.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:07 AM
tkuligowski
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick58
Really? Mine doesn't seem to have a preference. Where do you come up with this?
I can't get music to play from my S8 unless its bluetooth. When I stream from say Google play music the volume is lacking. Only downloaded music sounds decent and I still have to use bluetooth. I can't get any music to play through USB from any of my android devices. iOS devices (iPod, iPhone) seem to work fine. That's been my experience.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Randy Oblong
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Samsung S7. BT streams ok. Can't search music. USB connection ok. Will download music.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:52 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by indyharleyguy
I have a Sirius XM subscription and can stream it via Bluetooth just fine with my phone. But can't get my music on my Note 8 to play at all. I've got the music in the memory of the phone and on the SD card.
I have the radio setup to reply to a text saying I'll get back to you later on the Bike. It works just fine also. The little thumb drive I've used works ok also but it doesn't show my Playlist. Not sure why I've attached the screenshot but when I follow the link it's for a Apple.
Does anyone know the manufacture of the radio? I want to get in tough with them and see what they say. Thanks for all the responses also.
Just discovered the SiriusXM app...plays great with BT on my S8

Quick Reply: Can't connect phone via USB cable to Boom Box 6.5