Sponsored by:

sissybar luggage

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 02:07 PM
jdh10769
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default sissybar luggage

hello, need some reviews on luggage. ive narrowed it down to saddlemen BR3400 and Harleys premium bag. really torn between the 2. I have enough points to get the Harley tour bag with day bag combo but really like some of the features on the BR3400. anyone have any pros and cons of each? thanks

Old 03-18-2018, 02:35 PM
White Glide
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have both the overnight bag as well as the touring bag. I have zero knowledge on the saddlemen bag.

As far as the Harley bags, I like them. I do not use them all the time but when I do, I can fit a lot of stuff in them. I took a weekend trip by myself. In the overnight bag I was able to fit an extra pair of jeans, 3 t shirts, 3 pair of socks, 3 pair of skivvies, hygiene gear and my HOG map book. Still had a bit of room for all the t-shirts I bought from Harley dealerships along the route.

I feel like both bags have a TON of room. I like them for short or long trips by myself or with my ole lady.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:18 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

No experience with Harley luggage as I'm on my first HOG. They look pretty good and functional though. Coming from metrics what I DO have is a Nelson Rigg King Tourer which velcros on to your sissy bar. Similar to a T Bag which I hear are also excellent . Basically a suit case with a roll bag attached. Works very well on my SGS and you can pack alot of stuff in. I know it's not a Harley product but works very well. 🏞️

Old 03-18-2018, 07:09 PM
Carlos G Godfrog
Road Captain
Received 169 Likes on 98 Posts

The large Harley bag will only fit on a short sissy bar, as the top of the elasticis not open as it is on the smaller bag. makes attaching the two together for two up very difficult.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:55 AM
jwoitena
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have experience with the HD bags, but I own the Saddlemen 3400 you mentioned. I bought it primarily because it works without the sissy bar, although has an adjustable slot for sliding over the bar (just remove passenger pillion, and use the provided straps to lock things down). It's been really good for taking trips, has plenty of storage options available, and includes an attached rain cover. The capacity is really good as well, and has a laptop sleeve if you're traveling with one.

The following users liked this post:
jdh10769 (03-20-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 03:46 PM
cowboydoc
Road Warrior

Received 1,076 Likes on 450 Posts

I have the HD rolling tour bag and am very happy with it. It is large enough for any trip I have taken. It is secure when mounted and then can roll into the house or hotel when done. It can mount on a luggage rack or the passenger seat depending on whether you need the pillion.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:18 PM
TomboAT65
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

I do not have the BR3400 but the S3500 from Saddlemen and the quality is excellent. While it is bigger than the BR, my wife and I used it to go to Laughlin a couple of years ago and it held more than enough stuff for the 2 of us for 4 days.

The only thing I would like to have on it is quick buckles for the exterior pockets. The buckles are great and secure just a little cumbersome to get into. But they are all lockable is need be.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:35 AM
jdh10769
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

want to thank everyone for the input, i ended up ordering the br3400 thru revzilla. as we all know there is no one perfect bag and in the end you just gotta go with something. the saddlemen just had a couple features i liked more then others but it wasn't easy.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:58 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos G Godfrog
The large Harley bag will only fit on a short sissy bar, as the top of the elasticis not open as it is on the smaller bag. makes attaching the two together for two up very difficult.
I had no such issues, even with the oversize back rest pad. on and off very easy. Bag fits great on the standard tall sissy bar. This bag is sitting on the stealth luggage rack.

Attached Thumbnails sissybar luggage-20150421_075836.jpg  

Last edited by sixguns; 03-23-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:18 PM
cowboydoc
Road Warrior

Received 1,076 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by jdh10769
want to thank everyone for the input, i ended up ordering the br3400 thru revzilla. as we all know there is no one perfect bag and in the end you just gotta go with something. the saddlemen just had a couple features i liked more then others but it wasn't easy.
I meant to add to my first post but it didn’t show up....

I have a Saddlemen roll bag also, small duffel about the size of the HD day bag. It is high quality and I actually use it alot more than the big HD bag. The small bqg is perfect for a change of clothes and shoes and maybe a few other things. I find myself using it even when not on the bike. The bigger bag only gets used on long bike trips.

As you said, gotta go with something, either bag should serve you well.

Quick Reply: sissybar luggage