Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rideplanner changes

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 02:48 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Is it possible to reverse a route on the bike gps after you have followed it? It would be easier than making a route to a point and another to return.

Old 04-04-2018, 03:06 PM
BTLorys
Banned

Received 2,663 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by InthewindMN
Is it possible to reverse a route on the bike gps after you have followed it? It would be easier than making a route to a point and another to return.
I dont think so, but it is very easy to do so in the ride planner. At least, it did on the old system. I forget what the wording was, I think it was a clickable box for "round trip"

Old 04-04-2018, 03:40 PM
jbrooksca
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

All 2 days of my June 2018 Denver ride were in the new appearing Ride Planner. First thing I noticed was that the option to toggle Best Western Hotels on/off was gone. To bad, I always turned that on and created my ride from motel to motel.
I tried to print out the riding directions of day one of my June ride and all I got was one 8 1/2" x11" sheet of directions, approximately one quarter of that day's ride. I tried printing just the map but there was no detail (road numbers) to make it appear worthwhile.

In fairness, I may be doing something wrong, have a setting that is not allowing me to get what I am after and will have to play with the program.

As usual, with a software change or upgrade there is a learning curve.

Jerry

Old 04-04-2018, 04:21 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
I wonder, can you name the waypoints?
I just created a route and tried to name the waypoints, when I right clicked on a waypoint that W/P disappeared. I don't see any other way of naming a waypoint, hopefully they'll fix that. I have used Motogoloco and have been able to name them, a nice option. I'm also hoping we don't have to put in a large number of waypoints to force the program to follow the exact route, that's always a PIA. Waiting for someone in a warm weather State who's created a route and actually rode the route to report back.

Old 04-04-2018, 04:45 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

The old style was clunky and a pain in the *** @ times but I’d rather use that than this new version!!!!

My old routes transferred but somehow all of them were changed in someway. Whether waypoints were removed or just portions of the route were missing or rerouted elsewhere!?!? Took a while to fix some of them that I plan on using again.

The main feature that pisses me off is that it automatically saves anytime you change something. I had a route saved and clicked on avoid tolls just to see the time difference and it changed my whole damn route and saved it without me clicking on save. Tried to reload it and sure enough my old route is gone..... This sucks because you can spend a decent amount of time crafting a custom route and it gets automatically changed

Old 04-04-2018, 07:16 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

^ Ouch, yeah that’s not handy at all.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:29 AM
rwven
Road Master
Received 232 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
I just created a route and tried to name the waypoints, when I right clicked on a waypoint that W/P disappeared. I don't see any other way of naming a waypoint, hopefully they'll fix that. I have used Motogoloco and have been able to name them, a nice option. I'm also hoping we don't have to put in a large number of waypoints to force the program to follow the exact route, that's always a PIA. Waiting for someone in a warm weather State who's created a route and actually rode the route to report back.
It is possible to rename the waypoints by opening the .gpx file in a text editor and changing the designation there. It's a bit of a pita and if you inadvertently delete or add something you might corrupt the file. Sometime last year there was a thread on this forum explaining how to do it.

Ahh...here it is: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...-waypoint.html

Last edited by rwven; 04-05-2018 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Added link
The following users liked this post:
IUOE ROB (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 08:19 AM
Rob175
Road Warrior
Received 639 Likes on 390 Posts

HD should publish an on-line tutorial explaining the new version....or did I miss that?
My previously created routes transferred OK, to the new version. I created a new test route just to experiment. The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to save the route WITH the name I gave it. I could only change the name by searching for the ".gpx" file and manually rename the file. Is there another way save it with the name I gave it.

Last edited by Rob175; 04-05-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:06 AM
penmaker
Road Master
Received 441 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob175
HD should publish an on-line tutorial explaining the new version....or did I miss that?
My previously created routes transferred OK, to the new version. I created a new test route just to experiment. The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to save the route WITH the name I gave it. I could only change the name by searching for the ".gpx" file and manually rename the file. Is there another way save it with the name I gave it.
If I remember right that's the way it was in the old one too if you downloaded the route to your computer. I would name a route in Ride Planner, then save it to my computer to transfer to the bike but it would just name it HD-route (I think). I would have to rename it in file manager.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:07 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob175
The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to save the route WITH the name I gave it. I could only change the name by searching for the ".gpx" file and manually rename the file. Is there another way save it with the name I gave it.
Not sure why it is so hard for some.
To save a ride.

1. Create your ride. Then click the "save" button at bottom right.

2. A new window will open, where you can name the ride and add notes. Then click the "save ride" arrow bottom right of that window

3. After you save it, you can go back to the top menu and click "saved" next to your user name.
You will then see your new save ride with the name you gave it.

Quick Reply: Rideplanner changes