Sponsored by:

Quality razor tour pack

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 02:48 PM
Boris0119
Cruiser
Received 133 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by masar

yeah that looks promising. They say made in USA but maybe just the flags. Never heard of them
before. Some refferences would be nice. Why i have that China feeling again?!.....
Company is located here in NC, Mooresville. I believe they are made in US, They have taken over one of the old Nascar race car facilities, from what I heard.

Old 05-15-2018, 03:48 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

I ordered one from Bad Dad - love the quality of their products

Old 05-15-2018, 05:20 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
you dont want low quality.... stay away from the Chinese crap..... it might look the same... but its made with an inferior material......find a harley one
Gonna go out on a limb and say OEM is more than likely cheap Chinese crap as well.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:32 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigMike
If you want factory quality, buy a chopped tour pak and call it day. Why a tour pak? Looks or function?
Function but look is important to me as well. Important is also comfortable backrest for my girlfriend. For this reason i prefer razor. I have overnight bag which i can install on top of razor if i need more space.

Originally Posted by Boris0119
Company is located here in NC, Mooresville. I believe they are made in US, They have taken over one of the old Nascar race car facilities, from what I heard.
I contacted them. They do not ship outside of USA. I dont understand why but i can not buy from them.

Originally Posted by JMC22
I ordered one from Bad Dad - love the quality of their products
I agree Bad Dad is very good but they do not offer razor. Only chopped....

It looks like Advan black is only solution for me.....

Old 05-18-2018, 10:50 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
Gonna go out on a limb and say OEM is more than likely cheap Chinese crap as well.
well .... ive seen the imported chines stuff..... made of polystyrene and not ABS......less strength less impact.... its a bate and switch......cause... 99% of you couldnt tell the difference just by looking......plastics is my profession..... ... im just sayin.... buy what you like .... but the fact remains.... you get what you pay for.....

Old 05-18-2018, 11:04 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

well .... ive seen the imported chines stuff..... made of polystyrene and not ABS......less strength less impact.... its a bate and switch......cause... 99% of you couldnt tell the difference just by looking......plastics is my profession..... ... im just sayin.... buy what you like .... but the fact remains.... you get what you pay for.....
I'm sure the OEM is better plastic. I'm also sure it's made by the same Chinese kid as well.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:59 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
I'm sure the OEM is better plastic. I'm also sure it's made by the same Chinese kid as well.

well.... the reality is... you are just guessing.....im also very familiar with the Chinese imports in other industries and have a pretty good understanding of how it all works.... and im not guessing and or assuming... +lots of big corps have stuff made there.... it all comes down to Qc supervision and the corporations presence on sight........ id bet your average Ebay Chinese junk peddler has never been to china.... and im pretty sure they dont have any thing in place as far as QC at the MFG facility as say Epson, HP or other large corps do.... but again the ebay guy doesnt have to.... you guys are gladly buying his cheap ****.... so why should he care...... enjoy your ****....

Old 05-18-2018, 06:23 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

well.... the reality is... you are just guessing.....im also very familiar with the Chinese imports in other industries and have a pretty good understanding of how it all works.... and im not guessing and or assuming... +lots of big corps have stuff made there.... it all comes down to Qc supervision and the corporations presence on sight........ id bet your average Ebay Chinese junk peddler has never been to china.... and im pretty sure they dont have any thing in place as far as QC at the MFG facility as say Epson, HP or other large corps do.... but again the ebay guy doesnt have to.... you guys are gladly buying his cheap ****.... so why should he care...... enjoy your ****....
I never bought anything from eBay. I buy OEM. Just saying same Chinese kids making it. Comment was made in semi jest. Work conditions and child labor is not exactly a secret with Chinese made stuff.

The following users liked this post:
INJEKTER (05-21-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 08:16 AM
Fasha
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbob
I found a couple on Ebay ,but then you have the risk of quality. Your option is rake out the extra cash for HD painted Hardware .I have a bud that has the swine box and to be honest it's pretty cool looking after he got it painted and mounted up.
Did the tour pak pictured, come with the seat padding? If not, where was it purchased?

Old 06-15-2018, 09:38 AM
HDRider15
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Razor

I ordered mine last year off eBay, it came from California, probably via China. I wanted the razor for looks and less for function, however after having it on for a while it holds a lot more than I thought it would. 2 full rain suits, 2 medium size leather coats. We just got back from a 4 day trip only using saddle bag liners and the razor. The best part my wife had what she needed, though not too happy that she couldn't carry her bathroom with her...

I am in the total setup less than $450.00 and using the hardware it came with, so far very happy with function and looks.

Quick Reply: Quality razor tour pack