Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quality razor tour pack

Old 05-09-2018, 11:25 AM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Quality razor tour pack

I want Pizza box for my 2018 CVO Roadglide. But i see OEM is not available anymore. I prefer quality over price. So far i found only Paul Yaffe or Advan black.

Paul yaffe seems to me extra small and with old style hinges only in chrome ( i want black). On the other hand its made in USA and the Wail tail version looks cool.

Advanblack is made in China and i found some negative comments about thickness. But it should be exact copy of the OEM one which is not available anymore. Thats big plus.

I just do not want to put some low quality product on 40K CVO bike. Its shame OEM is not available anymore.

Can you guys give me some advice which way to go? Looking for quality and well made razor pack (no chopped).

I prefer razor over chopped for look. If i need more space for travel, i can add overnight bag.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:30 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

Just recently found out about this tourpack. I think flows with the lines of the bike better than a razor or chopped.

http://swinebox.com/shop/swinebox-to...t-glide-models

Old 05-09-2018, 02:54 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15
Just recently found out about this tourpack. I think flows with the lines of the bike better than a razor or chopped.

sorry but this one looks terrible...

The following 2 users liked this post by masar:
dave the welder (05-11-2018), Uncle Larry (06-21-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 06:34 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by masar
I want Pizza box for my 2018 CVO Roadglide. But i see OEM is not available anymore. I prefer quality over price. So far i found only Paul Yaffe or Advan black.

Paul yaffe seems to me extra small and with old style hinges only in chrome ( i want black). On the other hand its made in USA and the Wail tail version looks cool.

Advanblack is made in China and i found some negative comments about thickness. But it should be exact copy of the OEM one which is not available anymore. Thats big plus.

I just do not want to put some low quality product on 40K CVO bike. Its shame OEM is not available anymore.

Can you guys give me some advice which way to go? Looking for quality and well made razor pack (no chopped).

I prefer razor over chopped for look. If i need more space for travel, i can add overnight bag.

I found a couple on Ebay ,but then you have the risk of quality. Your option is rake out the extra cash for HD painted Hardware .I have a bud that has the swine box and to be honest it's pretty cool looking after he got it painted and mounted up.

Last edited by tbob; 05-10-2018 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:34 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

You might find some negative comments about Advanblack, but you'll also find a lot of positive comments. The Yaffe box has an optional (highly recommended) bottom support plate. My guess is it is probably the same thickness as the AB, but Yaffe has the plate to stiffen it up.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:16 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

I'll hate your guts if you get this one, as I want it as well. Not sure if it actually counts as a Razor, but it's thin and unique.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:58 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15

Fugly is the only way to describe it.

sorry but this one looks terrible...
Argeed

Old 05-10-2018, 08:17 PM
ringer1969
Tourer
Received 87 Likes on 58 Posts

can't say much on the tour pack but i just got a set of Advan Black lowers this week , im very happy with entire experience and quality , that being said once they are on its good to go , a tour pack has lots more possibile areas for poor quality

Old 05-11-2018, 08:43 AM
VinceTheArchitect
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

OP, I was looking at Flags and saw this:
https://www.thepropad.com/impaxx-sup...g-motorcycles/

Old 05-11-2018, 09:56 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

you dont want low quality.... stay away from the Chinese crap..... it might look the same... but its made with an inferior material......find a harley one

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quality razor tour pack