Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   2014-2023 Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2014-2023-touring-models-177/)
-   -   Runing nav on mute (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2014-2023-touring-models/1238348-runing-nav-on-mute.html)

UltraSteveUSAF 06-13-2018 07:57 AM

Runing nav on mute

I'm visual. I dislike the pronounced directions from the GPS. On my 16 RGU when I muted the sound it didn't interupt the music playing. Now here's the question my 17 RGU won't do the same. Anyone know how to accomplish the blank space if you mute the sound for GPS.......It's muted but the where the sound should be it interrupts the music for a the same amount of time. OK thanks in advance for any help

Mhenry1282 06-13-2018 10:08 AM

Hopefully there is a way. I haven't found it yet, searched quite a bit. Gets super annoying!

lyork 06-13-2018 10:35 AM

Wow...I didn’t know that. I had it muted on my 14 but haven’t even used the nav on my 17 yet. I’ll mess around with it and see what I find out. I HATE when it interrupts the music

Ssitruc 06-13-2018 11:16 AM

See if this works... Go to the "Home" screen on the BOOM! > then click on "Setup" > then toggle down to and click on "Feedback" and uncheck "Navigation Prompts".
Then click on "Back" > and toggle down to and click on "Navigation Setup" > then click on "Appearance" and uncheck "Audio Information".

UltraSteveUSAF 06-13-2018 11:18 AM

Okay

Originally Posted by Ssitruc (Post 17433253)
See if this works... Go to the "Home" screen on the BOOM! > then click on "Setup" > then toggle down to and click on "Feedback" and uncheck "Navigation Prompts".
Then click on "Back" > and toggle down to and click on "Navigation Setup" > then click on "Appearance" and uncheck "Audio Information".

OK I"lltry that

hbsoldier3 06-13-2018 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ssitruc (Post 17433253)

I think he is done after unchecking "Navigation Prompts". But I have a question, is "Audio Information" what you see at the bottom of the NAV screen?

Ssitruc 06-13-2018 12:10 PM

hbsoldier3, you may be correct with just the unchecking of the first one and being done, I do not know for sure. And if I understand you question right, I do not think "Audio Information" is what you see at the bottom of the NAV screen, but I could be wrong. I don't think so because 1) it says "Audio Information" and 2) I think what you see at the bottom of the NAV screen, if you're talking about the information being displayed at the bottom when its navigating, is actually another "field" that you can enable,disable, or even change what is displayed there (like the next street you'll be looking for or something like that). But, with that being said, I am not 100% positive... without going out to the garage and toying with it. which of course now I'm curious so I will be doing shortly lol

hbsoldier3 06-13-2018 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ssitruc (Post 17433409)
hbsoldier3, you may be correct with just the unchecking of the first one and being done, I do not know for sure. And if I understand you question right, I do not think "Audio Information" is what you see at the bottom of the NAV screen, but I could be wrong. I don't think so because 1) it says "Audio Information" and 2) I think what you see at the bottom of the NAV screen, if you're talking about the information being displayed at the bottom when its navigating, is actually another "field" that you can enable,disable, or even change what is displayed there (like the next street you'll be looking for or something like that). But, with that being said, I am not 100% positive... without going out to the garage and toying with it. which of course now I'm curious so I will be doing shortly lol

Now that I read your post I am headed to the garage, lol.

Ssitruc 06-13-2018 12:31 PM

Ok, first I have both of the things unchecked that I stated to do above and I do not get audio prompts or music gaps from my navigation operating (just saying as background information). So below is what my screen looks like when mapping to go somewhere. Where it shows turning left in 50 yds and then E Reno St, I am thinking thats what you were referring to, if so, that is actually the "Maneuvers" field and if you toggle to it and click on it, it goes to another screen that shows you basically step by step driving instructions to your destination, and would not be anything to do with "audio information" i don't believe (which I also have disabled anyway). Anyways, hope that helps more than causes confusion lolhttps://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...88188fdfba.jpg

MilesOfTexas 06-13-2018 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3 (Post 17433304)
I think he is done after unchecking "Navigation Prompts". But I have a question, is "Audio Information" what you see at the bottom of the NAV screen?

Audio information shows the music channel and song playing across the bottom of the NAV. Waste of space imo, so I disable it. It also has to be disabled to be able to use both the left and right data fields.