Sponsored by:

pro action vs super shox vs ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 04:46 PM
F350
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pro action vs super shox vs ?

i am looking too upgrade my rear shocks.i know alot here like the pa`s.have kinda settled on the pa`s but in searching found the super shox.looking for any insight and info for these 2 or another option.good,bad,or otherwise.i do NOT want this to turn into the pa vs ohlins **** show thats been lately.thanks for any info.2016 rgs

Old 06-16-2018, 06:10 PM
dave the welder
Road Captain
Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts

These threads are almost as much fun as an "oil thread". Pro Action seems to be popular, I just can't spend the 800 bones at the moment.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:20 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,722 Likes on 6,886 Posts

A thousand threads on shocks now. As for this forum Ohlins, Legion, Progessive and Pro-Action seem to be the most popular. There are a couple of brands that DK sells also that I cannot remember.

As for the super shox I had never heard of them before you mentioned them on a different thread.

I am sure they are better than stock for sure. About anything is. Good luck with your research.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:55 PM
gosserwb
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm running the super shox. nice set up had then for all of last yr. love them.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:04 PM
binford6100
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by F350
i do NOT want this to turn into the pa vs ohlins **** show thats been lately.thanks for any info.2016 rgs
Amen to that!

I have the Pro-Action shocks and am very happy with them. One of the guys I ride with has the Super Shox on his 2008 Ultra Classic and has high praise for them as well.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:10 PM
cobaltt
Tourer
Received 135 Likes on 67 Posts

I don't know if you will be able to tell the difference in ride quality from PA to super shox. But if you need to adjust the pre-load often, you just can't beat the super shox. no tools required.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:23 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,382 Likes on 4,003 Posts

Originally Posted by cobaltt
I don't know if you will be able to tell the difference in ride quality from PA to super shox. But if you need to adjust the pre-load often, you just can't beat the super shox. no tools required.

I recently sold my '12 Limited, but I had SuperShox on it for 2 years. They were a good shock, much better than OEM air shocks, and as mentioned above... very easy to adjust the preload from one to two riders, no tools needed.

I have to admit however, they never really made me feel like I had one of the best shocks I could get. I was always still looking and reading about other shocks. I never felt like I found the sweet spot dialing them in. Again, they were a very good shock, just not awesome... I was expecting more.

I have a '16 bagger that I'm about to upgrade the suspension on, but I will be getting something other than the Supershox this time...

Old 06-17-2018, 05:47 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

I have had the Pro Action on my '14 Limited for a year now and won't run anything else. I have had air system because I am short legged and will give up the flatfootedness for the ride any day.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:00 AM
mcouture
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I've had Harley's stock air, Harley's premium, JRI and now Pro Action.

The Pro Action's dampening and rebound I find is superior to all the above options. Adjustability on the Pro Actions is real simple too.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:23 AM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

Pro Actions are super easy to adjust multiple turns as the collar rotates so freely after you unclamp them with an Allen wrench. I can rotate the collar 5 turns as fast as my hand can twist it pretty much.

The ride versus the Ohlins is quite a but better as well. The dampening and spring rate make for a much, much more comfortable ride. However I can’t commemt on pushing it hard into corners, as I haven’t done that with the Pro Actions. The Ohlins were definitely a good shock there, I just haven’t been down a road like that wth the Pro Actions yet

Those Super Shox look like they have a lot of great features. The tool less adjustment is pretty nice. Are they actually a “seperated shock” ? I might have to get a pair and try them out if that’s indeed case

Last edited by lyork; 06-17-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Quick Reply: pro action vs super shox vs ?