Sponsored by:

Pro-Action - Spoke with George Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 09:05 PM
Oko
Supporter
Received 3,833 Likes on 1,444 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Congratulations that is awesome. You doing the front also? Keep us posted.
Yes on front. On my way. Posting tonite from Wellsboro, PA, before morning run to Beaver Falls, PA.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,196 Likes on 658 Posts

How can anyone build a shock without howard being involved? I didnt think it was possible according to this forum.

The following 3 users liked this post by Jshopes:
Cosmic Razorback (07-11-2018), lyork (07-10-2018), mcouture (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 04:45 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,758 Likes on 6,896 Posts

Originally Posted by Oko

Yes on front. On my way. Posting tonite from Wellsboro, PA, before morning run to Beaver Falls, PA.
Awesome, keep us posted.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:47 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,758 Likes on 6,896 Posts

Originally Posted by Jshopes
How can anyone build a shock without howard being involved? I didnt think it was possible according to this forum.
No surely he did not say that?

I’m sure George had to call Howard a few times with questions! NOT

Old 07-11-2018, 07:03 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

I reset mine per the video again after a couple thousand miles and it was even better. Rebound was 4 on right and zero left.took two turns preload out and 5 right and one on the left for rebound and it's like riding on a pillow.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:46 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by tbob
I reset mine per the video again after a couple thousand miles and it was even better. Rebound was 4 on right and zero left.took two turns preload out and 5 right and one on the left for rebound and it's like riding on a pillow.
Curious why the rebound is not set the same on both shocks? Are they valved differently? If same valving one shock is doing more work then the other. Not a criticism, just curious...

Old 07-12-2018, 09:48 AM
macabra11
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Curious why the rebound is not set the same on both shocks? Are they valved differently? If same valving one shock is doing more work then the other. Not a criticism, just curious...
Thanks for bringing this up. I have been wondering the same thing since I first started reading about these suspensions. If you don't have them both set the same, then it is would make sense that one shock is taking all the big hits more than the other. Right?

Old 07-12-2018, 01:25 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

Both shocks work in unison, it’s the same theory as the factory shocks only having adjustment on one side. George has 40 years experience designing/building shocks from the ground up, and it really shows in this design he did specifically for the Harley Davidson’s.

I can attest to the fact that 1 click in on the left shock and 4-5 in on the right shock makes for an awesome ride. I never had the 2a- adjustables ride like these Pro Actions. Of course, it was so difficult to adjust those...the Pro Actions are super simple and easy to adjust, literally 15-20 seconds per side once the bag is removed without fear of destroying the threads on the shock body either.

Im gonna try the 14” Pro Actions next as we are at 480lbs and ride two up 90% of the time. (13” shocks are sold)

Last edited by lyork; 07-12-2018 at 04:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (07-12-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 04:14 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by lyork
Both shocks work in unison, it’s the same theory as the factory shocks only having adjustment on one side. George has 40 years experience designing/building shocks from the ground up, and it really shows in this design he did specifically for the Harley Davidson’s.

I can attest to the fact that 1 click in on the left shock and 4-5 in on the right shock makes for an awesome ride. I never had the 2a- adjustables ride like these Pro Actions. Of course, it was so difficult to adjust those...the Pro Actions are super simple and easy to adjust, literally 15-20 seconds per side once the bag is removed without fear of destroying the threads on the shock body either.

Im gonna try the 14” Pro Actions next as we are at 480lbs and ride two up 90% of the time. (Messsge me if you’re interested in my 13” shocks)
PM sent

Old 07-12-2018, 07:39 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by lyork

Im gonna try the 14” Pro Actions next as we are at 480lbs and ride two up 90% of the time. (13” shocks are sold)
Not doubting you guys like the PA ride. Interested in learning why different adjustments on each shock. The Rushmore stock shocks are two completely different shocks with different springs. In fact, their is a video of the rushmore shocks with springs removed from both shocks showing that one shock does not, I repeat, does not have any valving. The one shock simply holds/guides the shaft and spring, no valving or damping. Are you saying PA are like this?

Last edited by KumaRide; 07-12-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Pro-Action - Spoke with George Today