Sponsored by:

Pro-Action - Spoke with George Today

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 06:17 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Oko, thanks for posting. You have got to love that. I may consider a ride back up for the front end with their labor that cheap for the install.
+1 Same here.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:24 AM
Drastik
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for sharing. I just ordered a set of PA shocks through DK Customs late last week, so they should be arriving soon. I'm anxious!

The following 2 users liked this post by Drastik:
Cosmic Razorback (09-12-2018), load97 (09-14-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 08:32 AM
macabra11
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Man, I wonder if they are going to be at any rally's out west. Riding to PA is not in the cards lol

Putting the rear shocks on is no problem, but I have NO idea how to do a front end!

Old 09-12-2018, 04:58 PM
Oko
Supporter
Received 3,833 Likes on 1,444 Posts

Originally Posted by macabra11
Man, I wonder if they are going to be at any rally's out west. Riding to PA is not in the cards lol

Putting the rear shocks on is no problem, but I have NO idea how to do a front end!

There were in Erie, PA and Sturgis this year. Contact them to see where they are going. You can always ship them your forks over the winter. Which for you starts like, in a week, correct?

Old 09-12-2018, 07:57 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

I would just call em, great people, ask about their calendar of events that they are attending,

Old 09-12-2018, 10:43 PM
pacemakertom
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

Put a set on my 17 Road Glide Special in early August.
put 1200 miles on them with trip to the dragon.
1000 times better than premium hand adjustable. Had progressive, JRI and super shox, so far the best of the bunch..

went with the 11" .
Good choice
Tom

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (09-13-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 05:41 PM
binford6100
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Thumbs up

I purchased a set of pro-action shocks for the rear and had watched the video on how to set them up. To that end, I kept increasing the preload to the point where the ride was so stiff it actually felt like an empty dump truck, all with the intention of getting that movable bumper to stop reaching the bottom.

Long story short, I called Pro Action today and caught George on his way out the door (it was 5:30 eastern time). Despite the late hour, he took 45 minutes to walk me through not simply adjusting the shocks but how to actually get the best ride from them. I backed off the preload and measured the spring length as he suggested and could not be happier.

Not only did George stay late to help me but he gave me his cell number and told me to call him over the weekend and he’d help me with additional fine tuning.

Their product is not only some of the best in the marketplace, but service to their customers such as I received this afternoon is second to no one.

I would not hesitate to recommend Pro Action to anyone looking for a high quality product with service and support that exceeds expectations.

The following 3 users liked this post by binford6100:
Cosmic Razorback (09-14-2018), FNGonaRK (02-11-2019), macabra11 (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 02:23 PM
FXDFan
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Installed mine the other day. Only had a chance for a VERY short ride, but WOW, immediate difference over the stock CVO shocks..
And haven't even looked at adjusting yet, just the way they came out of the box. Super impressed for sure. Hoping the weather turns around so
I can get out and get them dialled in for solo / two up, just make a note in the phone of the settings for quick swap outs!

Last edited by FXDFan; 09-14-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:44 AM
Steve N,
Road Captain
Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

I know that this is an older thread, but I figured that with the number of Pro Action users that have contributed, this is a good place to ask my question about install torque value. Sorry, but it's Sunday so I can't call George or DK....

I installed the PA shocks last night. Pro-Action instructions call for 45 ft lbs... The HD Service Manual calls for 63-70 ft lbs. I figured that I'd start with PA at 45, but man... that sure doesn't seem like much. I'm thinking of going with HD's 63-70, but I'm concerned that might damage something with the way that the bushings fit into the eyes. Any thoughts or recommendations??? Thanks...

Old 04-28-2020, 06:14 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,758 Likes on 6,896 Posts

Tuesday April 28, 2020

Yes this thread is two years old, but why start a new one.

I called George today! Again after two years.

Our rides as of recent haven’t been as enjoyable as remembered. The two things that have changed are the miles we now have on the shocks which is pushing 35k and our weights, oops I mean my weight. Well George said the miles are no problem. But then he said he’s been reading my posts and seeing our pictures and damn I’m getting fat! Or maybe he was a little more diplomatic and said I should go on a diet! Either way I like a guy that just tells it like it is! LOL

I learned that the oil in these shocks can go up to 100k miles. I was expecting maybe to hear we need a little adjustment on the bleeder valves, but no he suggested I loosen the set screws on the collars and give them two full twist clockwise. If that does not get me exactly what I want to call him back.

Well at 5pm I clicked off the computer and made that adjustment to both. Very quick and easy. Hopefully we can test it out tomorrow and see what that gives us. It was still very good, just those large holes would get us from time to time.

I looked over these shocks and they look like brand new almost three years and 35k miles later. The quality is exceptional.

I could spend all day with George listening to his stories, the successes they have had and it is amazing the people in the industry he knows. I won’t mention any names but one guy that is a motorcycle jumping legend who really benefited from Pro-Action. I learned that the attitude of the bike while flying through the air can be controlled by the shocks and what they do at the start, when the bike hits the ramp, leaves the ramp and most importantly makes contact with the next ramp.

I spoke with George about the front suspension cartridges. I plan to order those soon and install them in the fall before we roll back to Florida for our annual trip. He went into detail as to why they developed them, and how they work compared to the HD stock forks. Granted the 2017 front end compared to the 2016 is a vast improvement. Just like the rear coils. But there is so much more available for not a lot of money.

As I have said many times, “If I had known 12 years ago what I know now the FIRST money I would have ever spend on my bikes would have been for Suspension, a premium Tuned Suspension”.

It’s funny, just like a bigger motor you get so used to it that you forget how good it is until you ride a bike without it. We were in York year before last and rode the new 2019 CVO Limited. The first comment my wife had was “It does not have Pro-Action”!

Give George or DJ a call if you want some good advice and excellent service.

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 04-28-2020 at 08:23 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
jc15025 (04-29-2020), lyork (04-29-2020)

Quick Reply: Pro-Action - Spoke with George Today