Harley Reliability overall

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 06:53 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

[QUOTE=tbob;17547375]
Originally Posted by GOV5

Most of the posters on here are lucky if they ride 5,000 miles a year,and yet they feel the need to get on here and cry and wine about everything. Been riding a HD since 73 and never had a problem
where dealer was changing my engine. And if they did I would say hell yes ,nothing like starting at ground zero . The only thing I ever haul in the trailer was the sprint car. Ride the bastard or sell it.
My best advice for happy trails is use this site as entertainment only.
^^Agree^^

Its really amazing, sometimes scary (because these people also vote ), reading posts in here, people really believe this crap about HD.
Still to this day, the most successful motorcycle company in the world (over 600 cc, not talking mopeds here for gods sake) since motorcycles had wheels, and an American specialty brand that ONLY makes motorcycles no less. The envy of the world, the dream of millions around the world who would love to own one but cant.
Yet, Americans will bash the brand everyday, the point being, baseless non factual comments based on others non factual comments.

Let me repeat one last freaking time to those people,
Fact = BMW followed by Harley Davidson has the HIGHEST level of owner satisfaction over every other motorcycle brand. Consumer reports.
So we can cry/whine and feel sorry for yourself all you want but the bottom line is BMW and Harley Davidson are the ones people buy again, NOT so with the Jap brands.

FACT = same study, Yamaha one of or the highest in reliability, lowest in owner satisfaction (meaning for those of you who havent figured it out yet, they would NOT buy another Yamaha)
Fact - same study, the reliability ratings are almost fractions apart between brands with HD and BMW at the bottom because of minor additional repairs most likely due to more electronics on those bikes as all bikes were tied when it came to major mechanical problems . (Consumer Reports comment, not mine.

Last edited by alarmdoug; 07-28-2018 at 07:02 AM.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:20 AM
Mengy
Tourer
Received 172 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by wagonmaster110
There has to be a nice Honduh forum who would love a traitor like you.
Lets be clear, people who move from Harleys to other brands or vice versa are not "traitors". We are all motorcycle enthusiasts no matter what brand we ride or prefer, and a lot of people own and ride multiple brands and even go back and forth from purchase to purchase. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that if it is how you want to spend your hard earned money. It's why I wave to anyone on two (or three) wheels no matter what they are riding.

So lets cut that "traitor" crap out right now.

Okay, continue bashing each other in other ways!

The following users liked this post:
hbsoldier3 (07-28-2018)
Old 07-28-2018, 10:15 AM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,931 Likes on 8,435 Posts

Originally Posted by wagonmaster110
There has to be a nice Honduh forum who would love a traitor like you.
Oh, is there a war going on somewhere that we don't know about? I don't know what impressed you about buying a Harley but I bought mine because I wanted a strong motorcycle to ride. Nothing was ever said about joining a tribe, gang or mob nor did I have a life time obligation to support them.
So maybe you need to run along with your imaginary fiefdom and leave the rest of us to decide how we want to spend our money.
"Traitor", now that's funny. I guess the same would go for Campbell's soup, Dial soap, Crest Toothpaste and even your favorite cartoon show, right?

Old 07-28-2018, 11:04 AM
OzHD
Banned
Received 437 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Mengy
Lets be clear, people who move from Harleys to other brands or vice versa are not "traitors". We are all motorcycle enthusiasts no matter what brand we ride or prefer, and a lot of people own and ride multiple brands and even go back and forth from purchase to purchase. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that if it is how you want to spend your hard earned money. It's why I wave to anyone on two (or three) wheels no matter what they are riding.
"whew!"

LOL!

Old 07-28-2018, 12:26 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,413 Likes on 4,017 Posts

Originally Posted by GOV5
Why don't you drop it? My post was attacked from the very get-go. Now Who was arguing?The difference between Defending myself and arguing is a fine line. As long as these buttheads keep sniping at me, I'm going to snipe back. I will not sit and take BS from these twits that can't understand what I wrote. I NEVER said I hate Harleys, which these twits seem to not able to understand.They only have to see one statement that questions Harley's reliability and they go crazy trying to attack me or anyone else that makes that statement...just like they have on EASTERN SP. He has a legit argument too.

Dude.... it was a joke.....! I was trying to lighten you up a little.....

You're taking opposing opinions personally... Your post wasn't "attacked", there were some (and a couple with the communication skills of a 10 year old) who disagreed with you... big whoop..... you don't NEED to defend your opinion......

This is a public forum, people state their opinions, others agree and/or disagree... sometimes an actual discussion breaks out... don't let disagreement (or the juvenile taunts) get to you...

OK, I'm done..... rage on if you so desire...