2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new radio on the 2019's has zero latency in the GUI!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 05:47 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Was at the dealer today and a Buddy of mine was there trading in his '14 Limited (50K miles) on a new '19 Limited, a metallic blue and silver color. Salesman was playing with the new Boom system, very cool. I was wondering about the Android Auto but he couldn't find it. The map page, I guess a higher definition screen was very nice and a big improvement over the older system. And that 114 engine sitting there...my friend is a Road Captain in our club so he was having a CB installed, a necessity for our club. Looking forward to seeing him and it on the road...

The following users liked this post:
04ctd (08-28-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 06:08 PM
Harttoo
Road Master

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Was at the dealer today and a Buddy of mine was there trading in his '14 Limited (50K miles) on a new '19 Limited, a metallic blue and silver color. Salesman was playing with the new Boom system, very cool. I was wondering about the Android Auto but he couldn't find it. The map page, I guess a higher definition screen was very nice and a big improvement over the older system. And that 114 engine sitting there...my friend is a Road Captain in our club so he was having a CB installed, a necessity for our club. Looking forward to seeing him and it on the road...
No Android Auto,only Apple Play.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:04 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Harttoo
No Android Auto,only Apple Play.
How do you figure that? Did the MoCo have their hands out and only Apple dug deep? Every new vehicle I see has them both...

Old 08-24-2018, 07:20 PM
SecondGear
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
How do you figure that? Did the MoCo have their hands out and only Apple dug deep? Every new vehicle I see has them both...
The new radio has two major issues for me:
  1. No Android Auto
  2. Maps still come from NaviExtras, the shitty company in Budapest Hungary.
I'm glad it got a redesign and is faster but it still has big issues for me.

I'm on an old firmware on my 6.5 boom because they broke USB and never fixed it. Looks like the new boom comes from the same company.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:23 AM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,915 Likes on 8,432 Posts

The navigation is only as good as the data that it displays. A snappy system with outdated road information is pretty much useless.
As for those who bash the use of navigation, I suppose you are riding a flathead and only use the tools originally provided. No need for any improvement of technology, right?

Last edited by EasternSP; 08-25-2018 at 08:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
04ctd (08-28-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 06:44 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,406 Likes on 4,014 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback

It appears that the Infotainment system is all Harley has to offer this year to entice people to trade up on their touring bikes. Not much considering how bad the colors are.
Unless, of course, they also have finally fixed the trans to primary oil transfer and the sumping potential...

Oh, wait, it's only been 3 years since the introduction of the M8.... What was I thinking....!!

Carry on.......

Old 08-25-2018, 10:38 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

kyote

Yes as I have never used them. From the radio's in the 60's, the 8 tracks in the 70's and everything after.

I get each model of H-D for riding. The infotainment systems in the touring are for the next guy down the road so I do have the updates installed as they come out.

After over 4 decades of 4x4's I went to high top vans because of my age loading/unloading a bike is more difficult from the bed of a truck.. Currently I have a Transit 150 which makes loading/unloading a bike effortless.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:58 AM
biglew55
Road Captain

Received 435 Likes on 233 Posts

I had about 2 minutes hands on with the now boombox yesterday. It is a nicer user interface than the previous system, and definitely faster. I didn't have time to play with the navigation side of it. I'm sure it is better than the previous version, but I doubt it's better than my Garmin. It doesn't make me mad that I bought an '18 instead of waiting for a '19.

Also, the model I looked at included the SiriusXM module. The sales guy says that they are included now. I hadn't read that anywhere, but I don't think that this dealer added that module.

If I were dealing for a new bike today, they would have to make the monetary incentive for the '18 pretty sweet for me to consider it over a '19 (assuming they had comparable models available).

I' racking up miles on my '18 pretty quick, so I may have a new one in a year or two. I have 20K already and probably double that by this time next year.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:52 AM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

It is definitely fast, but for the life of me I could not find a way to import a GPX file into the NAV system. I was going to try 'asking', but it only had WHIM and I didn't have a bluetooth headset.

Old 08-27-2018, 03:47 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

This is a good vid....
. I remember reading or seeing that the USB would no longer be utilized for the importing of routes, but instead there would be an Harley Rideplanner app for your phone that would allow importing routes to the bike via the Bluetooth connection. The drag panning and "pinch" zooming features like a phone are great as the slowness of the panning on the GT6.5 and zooming is what really strike a nerve with me. I'd still love to see it be Garmin, but it at least looks better than before. And we can only pray the EQ ouput is flat!

Adam

Quick Reply: new radio on the 2019's has zero latency in the GUI!