2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount Extended Service Plan. Any info?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 05:16 AM
GHarris
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

No need to correct there is no deductible on my Cornerstone plan. Taken right off the contract.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:26 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,745 Likes on 1,559 Posts

Originally Posted by GHarris
No need to correct there is no deductible on my Cornerstone plan. Taken right off the contract.
That's the old (Cornerstone) plan Jim was selling. Jim's newest plans are administered by FIRST EXTENDED SERVICE CORPORATION and there is now a 50 dollar deductible.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:43 AM
GHarris
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
That's the old (Cornerstone) plan Jim was selling. Jim's newest plans are administered by FIRST EXTENDED SERVICE CORPORATION and there is now a 50 dollar deductible.
You guys crack me up trying to tell me what I just bought on Monday. Jim still sells the Cornerstone plan if you live in a state that allows him to do so. I researched First Extended and seen horrible customer service and reviews, so I selected to go with Cornerstone. Jim said he administrated the FE plans that he sells and to not worry about the reviews. But I elected to go with the Cornerstone instead. I just purchased my plan 2 days ago from Jim Palmer he was super easy to deal with, quick and painless process to get it all started. I reccomend you call or email Jim if you have any questions for the most up to date information. I hope I don't need it but I will feel more comfortable knowing that I do.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:27 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,745 Likes on 1,559 Posts

Originally Posted by GHarris
You guys crack me up trying to tell me what I just bought on Monday. Jim still sells the Cornerstone plan if you live in a state that allows him to do so. I researched First Extended and seen horrible customer service and reviews, so I selected to go with Cornerstone. Jim said he administrated the FE plans that he sells and to not worry about the reviews. But I elected to go with the Cornerstone instead. I just purchased my plan 2 days ago from Jim Palmer he was super easy to deal with, quick and painless process to get it all started. I reccomend you call or email Jim if you have any questions for the most up to date information. I hope I don't need it but I will feel more comfortable knowing that I do.
Oh, ok. I didn't know he was still selling those plans. Good on you man. Had he given me an option I would have gotten the Cornerstone one instead of the FE. I guess. I don't know the difference in what they cover other than the 50 dollar thing.

Bought mine just this month. 5 years for 1348.00. Fingers crossed...

Last edited by lp; 09-19-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:05 PM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
I have a no deductible plan under their other company, Cornerstone.
Someone posted if you call them the no deductible plan is still available. There was just a handful of States from what I understand that it can't be issued in.

Last edited by alarmdoug; 09-19-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:09 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,451 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Oh, ok. I didn't know he was still selling those plans. Good on you man. Had he given me an option I would have gotten the Cornerstone one instead of the FE. I guess. I don't know the difference in what they cover other than the 50 dollar thing.

Bought mine just this month. 5 years for 1348.00. Fingers crossed...
I hope you don't have any trouble , because I just , and it was what I would call a fiasco with First Extended and Lowcountry HD.
I'll explain the time table and what happened: I had a clutch that quit working when it was hot and I took the bike in on Thursday morning at 10:00AM. They said they couldn't get to it until Saturday. OK, that wasn't good bit it was out of my control. So Saturday am they called me and told me they were WAITING on approval from First Extended BEFORE they could start work on the bike. WEll, I didn't hear anymore from them on Saturday, even though they promised they would call me back and give the the status on the approval.
They are closed on SUNDAY and MONDAY!
So, on TUesday am I got a call from them and said they were waiting STILL on First Extended to call them back, and they "should" hear something by NOON. WEll I didn't wait till noon. I went to he dealer in my truck and approached them and asked them why they didn't call First Extended when I brought in the bike Thursday. They said they couldn't get to the bike until Saturday am to see what needed to be done to fix it. I got angry then. I told them they had a pretty good idea of what needed to be done to fix it. It needed a new Clutch Master Cylinder. I said you should have gotten the approval process started earlier instead of waiting. ( Not how it's done I was told). I was livid by then !
I asked the service writer to call First Extended back ANd see if the approval was done yet, HE REFUSED TO DO SO.
At this time, the service writer was already on defense because I had the audacity to question him on his delay. TOO BAD!

I left his desk and went to get the owners son and talk to him. He was very professional with me and explained that it was a real hassle with the insurance companies getting the approval process done. Now get this! He said there was only ONE person at that company to review and grant approvals! No wonder it takes so long for them to get back to dealers. I asked if he could call, and he started to, but he got the approval on his phone right then. First EXT had just called bAck. So they started work but wouldn't finish until about 6 Pm. I said I'll pick it up the next morning, and they needed my signature on the work order, He said he would email it to me that night. I got it, signed it, and sent it back.

The next morning, I went to get the bike. They couldn't release the bike to me because they hadn't received the payment from First Extended yet. They though it would be there by noon. ( (It was 100:00 AM then so I waited) They finally got my bike to me about 12:00 noon. THey said they still had not received the payment but they didn't want me to have to wait any longer. I got the bike and off I went.

Now, I know I was jacked around some...I just don't know how much...because of this approval/payment process with First Extended. If I had bought the HIGHLY overpriced extended warranty from the HARLEY DEALER there, I wouldn't have had any trouble at all, it was hinted.

By the way, they ALSO noticed that the rocker boxes were "supposedly" leaking and replaced the gaskets for another $200 worth of parts and labor, in addition to the clutch master cylinder work. I think that was "add-on" profit. I had not noticed any leaking from my rocker boxes. Heck, the bike only has 12,000 miles on it. And the Master cylinder AND rocker boxes had gaskets that needed to be fixed in that short a time period? Give me a break!

OH , and the at first wanted me to pay over my $50 deductible, because they said First EXT would not pay for shop towels and Haz Mat charges. I told them I don't pay for that either, and refused to pay anything but the $50 co-payment.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:41 PM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 335 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by GOV5
Now, I know I was jacked around some...I just don't know how much...because of this approval/payment process with First Extended. If I had bought the HIGHLY overpriced extended warranty from the HARLEY DEALER there, I wouldn't have had any trouble at all, it was hinted.
No you were completely Jacked around, these dealers hate these policies but most will except it with a smile, I would never go back to that dealer, you could have also emailed Jim Palmer yourself and had this resolved quickly. I had extensive work done and had zero issues, although I knew to contact Jim and not leave it up to the dealer.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:47 PM
lazybee
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I used my Cornerstone plan twice. In both instances with different dealers, the situation was the same. The dealers got the authorization for repairs, but would not accept payment from Cornerstone. Wouldn't ever consider it. I paid the bill and Cornerstone reimbursed me. I faxed in the documents with their authorization number and had my checks within a few days.

The following users liked this post:
alarmdoug (09-28-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 05:05 PM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,451 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by 30glock
No you were completely Jacked around, these dealers hate these policies but most will except it with a smile, I would never go back to that dealer, you could have also emailed Jim Palmer yourself and had this resolved quickly. I had extensive work done and had zero issues, although I knew to contact Jim and not leave it up to the dealer.
I'm trying to understand here and would appreciate you helping me.
By saying that you contacted Jim Palmer, did you do that for authorization and approval of the work? Did you also contact him about the payment?
Is Jim the one that authorizes the work, approval, and payment? Or does he just get involved and make First Extended act right and not delay?

And I don't have another dealer to go to. He also owns the one in Myrtle Beach. I guess I could go to Columbia, a 2 hr drive away, but not in this case. I had a clutch that would not work when it got hot.

Old 09-28-2018, 05:55 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

There is really no issue here people. We tend to make big deals out of things,
You can ask for a Cornerstone policy in 95% of the states here (the policy I have)

The plan I have is $0.00 deductable, I can bring my bike to ANY dealer or ANY licensed repair shop. (far more generous then Harleys after-market plan)
Thats it, done.
Like the Harley plan, the repair shops gets authorization and do the repair.
If the repair shop doesnt want to accept payment from Cornerstone you pay and Cornerstone will send the payment to you.

It really doesnt get more simple.

Quick Reply: Discount Extended Service Plan. Any info?