2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a bit pissed off

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 07:54 PM
roadpop
Tourer
Location: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

That to me is no different than taking my billfold out of my pocket...I’d offer at least $ 500.00 to a anonymous rat..then go to the owner and demand he be fired..and I’d find where that SOB works next and ruin his future if possible...This would eat me alive...wouldn’t be able to let this go very easy..but that’s just me..was taught to get even..then get one more

Old 09-19-2018, 10:08 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,749 Likes on 6,894 Posts

That really stinks!

Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:33 AM
Oko
Supporter
Received 3,833 Likes on 1,444 Posts

Originally Posted by roadpop
That to me is no different than taking my billfold out of my pocket...I’d offer at least $ 500.00 to a anonymous rat..then go to the owner and demand he be fired..and I’d find where that SOB works next and ruin his future if possible...This would eat me alive...wouldn’t be able to let this go very easy..but that’s just me..was taught to get even..then get one more
My guess is you're Sicilian or Israeli. I wish our gov't had your (mine) mentality.

To the OP, in a related note, our host for Laconia had his rear signal lenses taken and a non-fitting pair left on his seat in their place. People often "shop for their needs off others bikes.
Maybe that's that happened to you.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:54 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by gigihurt
Last Saturday I took my Shriners Edition FLHTK to the local Harley shop for their kick *** annual event. It was put on display over the weekend as they have asked us (The local Shriners that ride) to set up a table with info about what we do. Both sat night and sunday my bike was displayed and put in their store at night for storage. I picked it up on monday and rode her home. Tuesday Im in my shop that btw is climate controlled, and see my one of antennas bent. Upon further inspection I see the rubber around the spring all chewed up from pliers oe something. It was rusted to high heaven. Someone at the damn dealership swapped both of my antennas and put that old rusty bent shiat on my pristene clementine.
Damn dude, your bike and mine have the same name! That name popped into my mind as I was riding off the lot the day I bought it, so that was that.

Yeah, if they didn't do any other damage to your bike, then you're lucky. From what I've seen in the past 70 years, most MoCo dealerships are the most sleazy, lowlife, half-assed businesses on the planet.

I was super-lucky to find the one that I did when I was bike shopping. Sun H-D in Denver. Straight-shooters and all-around good folks.

Last edited by jpooch00; 09-20-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:04 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Last Saturday I took my Shriners Edition FLHTK to the local Harley shop for their kick *** annual event. It was put on display over the weekend as they have asked us (The local Shriners that ride) to set up a table with info about what we do. Both sat night and sunday my bike was displayed and put in their store at night for storage. I picked it up on monday and rode her home. Tuesday Im in my shop that btw is climate controlled, and see my one of antennas bent. Upon further inspection I see the rubber around the spring all chewed up from pliers oe something. It was rusted to high heaven. Someone at the damn dealership swapped both of my antennas and put that old rusty bent shiat on my pristene clementine.
Damn dude, Your bike and mine have the same name! That name popped into my mind as I was riding off the lot the day I bought it, so that was that.

Yeah, if they didn't do any other damage to your bike or steal anything else off of it, then you're lucky. From what I've seen over the past 70 years, most MoCo dealerships are among the most sleazy, lowlife, half-assed businesses on the planet.

I was lucky to find one of the few good-'uns. Sun H-D in Denver. Straight-shooters and all around good folks.

Last edited by jpooch00; 09-20-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:15 AM
roadpop
Tourer
Location: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

[QUOTE=Oko;17696612]My guess is you're Sicilian or Israeli. I wish our gov't had your (mine) mentality.

100% Dutchman from Michigan....Hitting 65 guaranteed me 2 things..1 Medicare Card. 2 If you swing and hit me...Automatic Felony in Florida..Your going to Jail

Old 09-20-2018, 04:58 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,697 Likes on 1,030 Posts

While I can imagine why the OP may be upset, nowhere do I see that he has talked to the dealership and shared what happened.

My bet is the dealer principal would be very interested in knowing that something like this is happening is his shop. I might also believe tha the can find out who did what.

So, my comment - take it to the dealer and find out what happened.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:18 PM
kickstartfan
Road Master
Received 284 Likes on 190 Posts

Both sat night and sunday my bike was displayed and put in their store at night for storage. .
my guess it was done while on display and not while stored at the dealership.
why assume the dealer did it?

what does "displayed" mean anyway? up on a pedestal with a fence around it?
yeah, ask about security camera.