2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boom 6.5 GPS issues

Old 10-08-2018, 07:19 AM
roadpop
Tourer
Location: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Never had any problems with mine...although in 4 + yrs I’ve never used it once..before I go to an area that’s unfamiliar I look on Google maps to see where I need to end up and basically remember it..Don’t want or need those distractions while riding,.Especially over 2/10 of a mile..Really!!! What did everyone do before all this tech stuff..Bring back the 80’s & 90’s I miss you!!!

Old 10-08-2018, 08:28 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

So far, I've never had the slightest issue with my '15 Boom! GPS system. Never updated, or even turned on, for that matter.

Best way I know of to deal with that silly gadget. AFAIK, the radio seems OK. The few times I've used it, it sounded fine.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,720 Likes on 6,884 Posts

Yaeh the really crazy or sad thing is dealership locations. I have a 2017 That we have owned one year now. I have even done the dealership update. But so many of them are wrong. Most recently was Roanoke, VA. About 2/10 of a mile difference and wrong side of the road. I asked in the dealership how long they had been there. Longer than HD has offered GPS units. Then they told me I was not the first to point this out. Sad that they cannot at least get the dealer locations correct, especially on a new CVO.

We are better off with them, but amazed the errors.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:32 PM
SpringerRider
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by roadpop
Never had any problems with mine...although in 4 + yrs I’ve never used it once..before I go to an area that’s unfamiliar I look on Google maps to see where I need to end up and basically remember it..Don’t want or need those distractions while riding,.Especially over 2/10 of a mile..Really!!! What did everyone do before all this tech stuff..Bring back the 80’s & 90’s I miss you!!!
I used to throw down bread crumbs

The following users liked this post:
roadpop (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 05:35 PM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

Originally Posted by SpringerRider
I used to throw down bread crumbs
Breadcrumb navigation

Old 10-08-2018, 08:56 PM
dh_meyer
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
strange because as I said for last nearly 2 years it has been spot on ........ this problem just started
Sorry if I missed this ...........

Just curious whether the dealership locations that do NOT locate correctly NOW ............... did they locate properly prior to the update ? (I realize its quite possible you have not tried some dealers both before and after the update.)

I could see the dealer update messing up DEALER LOCATIONS, but not OTHER points of interest (ie hot dog place).

Old 10-08-2018, 09:46 PM
ch54
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

One time I had mine want me to drive thru the showroom, past the parts counter, and out the service bays to "arrive" at the dealer. Last week I tried to enter a friends address and it flat refused to take it. He's had that place for over 12 years. I'm about ready to buy a Garmin and a Ram mount.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:58 PM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Received 3,055 Likes on 1,256 Posts

I discovered something interesting about California today, (besides that the people here suck!). Apparently, ether part of it fell in the ocean as many hope after the "Big One", or Highway 1, the PCH, is now floating on top of the water! Just for grins I turned the GPS on my new to me '14 SGS on while cruising out here today and at times, it was............ let's say for the sake of the thread, 2/10th's of a mile out to sea! Cool huh?! And the coast line has been graded to a nice straight edge with a Cat D9, lol!! No coves, no bays!

Old 10-09-2018, 05:05 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoJockey
I discovered something interesting about California today, (besides that the people here suck!). Apparently, ether part of it fell in the ocean as many hope after the "Big One", or Highway 1, the PCH, is now floating on top of the water! Just for grins I turned the GPS on my new to me '14 SGS on while cruising out here today and at times, it was............ let's say for the sake of the thread, 2/10th's of a mile out to sea! Cool huh?! And the coast line has been graded to a nice straight edge with a Cat D9, lol!! No coves, no bays!
That happens quite often, I was just in Maine and you'd have thought I was riding on water half the time. And Sunday, heading over the new Tappan Zee Bridge (I REFUSE to call it the Mario Coumo Bridge) the GPS was taking me over the route of the old bridge (in the water), not over the newer and relocated bridge. Pretty funny...

Old 10-09-2018, 05:25 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by dh_meyer
I could see the dealer update messing up DEALER LOCATIONS, but not OTHER points of interest (ie hot dog place).
this was my way of thinking... the hot dog stand has been in existence since 1928 and the dealer update is only supposed to update the dealer locations ,
the dealership I went to was Hudson Valley HD in Nanuet NY which opened in April 2016

for those that mentioned looking at maps before heading out.. as I mentioned earlier a lot of times I will do something on the fly as in a last minute decision
to take a day long ride or overnighter.. hell I keep a tooth brush, paste and floss in my saddlebag for those last minute rides because last minute decisions
are one of the benefits of being retired..

oh well, it is what it is and I will live with it..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: boom 6.5 GPS issues