Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ingintion switch delete possible?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 12:46 PM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

is it really that hard to turn the ignition to on? just wondering why is all?

batman

Old 10-24-2018, 01:48 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by batman.
is it really that hard to turn the ignition to on? just wondering why is all?

batman
No, it isn’t, howver the bar setup I plan to go to uses one of two adaptor plates. One plate allows the use of on the ignition ON, can’t use the accessory or lock because the adaptor plate doesn’t allow the full turn to those positions. The other plate completely covers the ignition location and requires the complete removal of the switch. Removing the housing completely makes it so the lock can’t engage if the bars go full left.

Last edited by blueangel73; 10-24-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:58 PM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73

No, it isn’t, howver the bar setup I plan to go to uses one of two adaptor plates. One plate allows the use of on the ignition ON, can’t use the accessory or lock because the adaptor plate doesn’t allow the full turn to those positions. The other plate completely covers the ignition location and requires the complete removal of the switch. Removing the housing completely makes it so the lock can’t engage if the bars go full left.
thank you for the clarification. wasnt trying to sound like you were lazy just wanting to know reason.

Batman

Old 10-25-2018, 03:13 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts

We were just playing with a bud's new heritage last monday and it has no ignition switch. The thing i didn't care for was he could walk pretty far away and we could still start the bike. I mean he could be in the bar and maybe even in the restroom, even in a store or dealership and someone could start his bike while he's inside.. I was surpised at how long of a range on his fob had.. I have to be within 4 feet of my 15 tri-glide for it to see the fob. Which is how i like it.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:29 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by batman.
thank you for the clarification. wasnt trying to sound like you were lazy just wanting to know reason.

Batman
Looking to do something very similar to this. Just trying to figure which riser setup I want to go with.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:34 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by hardheaded
We were just playing with a bud's new heritage last monday and it has no ignition switch. The thing i didn't care for was he could walk pretty far away and we could still start the bike. I mean he could be in the bar and maybe even in the restroom, even in a store or dealership and someone could start his bike while he's inside.. I was surpised at how long of a range on his fob had.. I have to be within 4 feet of my 15 tri-glide for it to see the fob. Which is how i like it.
when I first had it programmed, the fob wasn’t married and ai could start the bike without the fob. The next day i went back and they said they fat fingered the first programming. Now the fob has to be within a few feet.

I wonder if his setup isn’t operating correctly. Do the light flash letting him onow the system is armed? That’s an indicator that it isn’t programmed correctly.

Old 10-28-2018, 03:50 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts

when I first had it programmed, the fob wasn’t married and ai could start the bike without the fob. The next day i went back and they said they fat fingered the first programming. Now the fob has to be within a few feet.

I wonder if his setup isn’t operating correctly. Do the light flash letting him onow the system is armed? That’s an indicator that it isn’t programmed correctly.
Yes , i do think the lights flashed when you walked far enough away from the bike. But i thought it was telling you the system was armed.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:02 AM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 334 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
Is it possible the extra fob is somewhere on his bike? It would be highly unusual for the bike to see the fob if not in its line of site, 3-4 feet seems to be the norm.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:20 PM
James Rocky Knipp
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible to delete the ignition switch all together? I vaguely remember sitting on a Harley a few years ago that did use a key and only required the fob to be within range to activate the bikes system. If possible, I would like to do this with the RG and remove the ignition switch all together.

If this is possible, can someone provide some direction to how to go about it?

did you figure it out? I just bought the Krous riser and Mx bars and am tired of that damn ignition switch and the issues that go with it.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:40 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

I was going to go with an FXR t-bar setup, Kraus Raptor plate, etc for my Roadglide then I found out I had to do the ignition switch delete and all that Jazz. Called and canceled my order...... didn’t want to go through the hassle and lose the Switch functions. They recommended their Motorwitch bars. They are narrow and give you the T-bar feel but you don’t have to do the ignition switch delete. I went with the 12” version and couldn’t be happier

Quick Reply: Ingintion switch delete possible?