Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legends Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 09:14 PM
Wmbailey5
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

2013 RKC with Axeo’s set at 1 turn for 215 lb single rider (per Legend Tech I spoke with) and Revo A’s. Not a fan of Legends. I have made various adjustments to front and rear shocks. Better than stock but not a smoother ride that I was hoping for. I feel everything. This was about a $1,600 investment

Old 11-15-2018, 12:24 PM
Ultraskier
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by duckbagger
+1 on external adjustment. I ride solo, two-up and two-up touring with Tour-Pak. That's a pretty wide load range.

My Revo-A's on the back are highly adjustable and I have saved settings for different uses. The Axeos in front I have tried to find a happy medium as much as possible, leaning towards stability with a load and handling responsiveness, but that makes them a little stiff when riding solo.
I have the Legends Axeo's and Revo A's on my14 Ultra. Like "duckbagger", I only tour and mostly ride solo, but do a couple of weeks touring each season with the wife, fully loaded with all our gear. The OEM suspension didn't handle 2 up well. The Revo A's are way better than stock and I have figured out the 3 settings I need for solo, solo touring and 2 up touring. The Axeo setting is a bit tricky. I have +1 and the bike handles very well 2 up touring. Amazing difference in handling and stability from stock. But I do find that setting a bit bouncy when riding solo. Overall, I'm very happy and wish I had made this mod along time ago.

The following users liked this post:
Michael Haz (11-17-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 02:47 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

ProAction on the rear and call George on what he has for the front. I told Eric at legends on a Dealer Demo day he has competition coming.

The following 2 users liked this post by tbob:
jdm65 (01-08-2022), M Oclaf (01-16-2022)
Old 11-15-2018, 07:36 PM
dbdicker
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

No experience with the Legends, but just installed the Ohlins blackline rears and cartridge kit in the front. Fantastic result. Couldn't be happier.

​​​​​​https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-my-16-sg.html

lyork (11-15-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 08:17 PM
cobaltt
Tourer
Received 135 Likes on 67 Posts

I had the Axeos on my 15 street glide s. I had the preload set to Zero for my weight of 185 pounds. I felt the bike to be better handling in fast twisty roads. but way too stiff and bouncy for long distance touring. If you like to take long trips on your touring bike, you will be disappointed with the axeos. at least for a 185 pound solo rider. I went back to the stock suspension with
a 50/50 mix of screamin eagle and the stock fork fluid.
With straight screaming eagle fluid, I felt my front tire would skip up the lane in hard fast cornering. Now It rides like it should. No bottoming and plush.

And remember
If it ain't broke, keep fixing it, until it is

The following 2 users liked this post by cobaltt:
Idahokid (11-21-2021), Nino Koller (05-29-2022)
Old 11-23-2018, 04:28 PM
Michael Haz
Cruiser
Received 97 Likes on 34 Posts

UPDATE: OP here. I had Legends Revo-A shocks and Axeo forks installed. Picked the bike up this afternoon and rode it home, about 30 miles on suburban roads and interstate highway. Then my wife hopped on and we rode about 50 additional miles.

First impressions are very favorable. The fork is very well controlled, and the shock from bumps no longer travels through the handlebars and up through my arms to my shoulders. Brake dive is substantially reduced. Cornering is improved as the front end feel much better planted, especially in bumpy curves.

The shocks are set at the pre-load and rebound they came with. Haven't had time to fine-tune the sag. The ride quality is very much better. It's more sports car than Cadillac. The bike isn't upset by large bumps as it was with factory shocks, and the ride motions are very controlled. It's almost like riding a different brand motorcycle. Two thumbs up from my passenger.

We plan to put our heated gear on tomorrow and ride 100 miles or so in 35-degree weather. Then a big snowstorm arrives Sunday and the window on our riding season closes for a few months. I'll add to the report in Spring after we've adjusted everything and logged a few long days in the saddle.

hbsoldier3 (11-23-2018)
Old 11-23-2018, 09:10 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Replacing my Axeo's with Ohlins FKC-101's on my 04 RK. The Axeo's are just too stiff for one up riding, and I ride aggressive.

Niko G (07-02-2020)
Old 11-25-2018, 10:32 AM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 259 Likes on 168 Posts

I wasn't really excited with my Axeos either, but I think they should have been set to 0 instead of 1 and I weigh 190 but ride two up 95% of the time, passenger goes 135 and they were still too stiff for me. But then again I wasn't thrilled with my Ohlins 2-2bs either. I now have a 2019 street glide special that rides every bit as good as all that after market $hit I had, so I am gonna leave it alone and spend my money on other things!

Old 11-26-2018, 06:51 AM
Gunrunner72
Road Master
Received 368 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Haz
UPDATE: OP here. I had Legends Revo-A shocks and Axeo forks installed. Picked the bike up this afternoon and rode it home, about 30 miles on suburban roads and interstate highway. Then my wife hopped on and we rode about 50 additional miles.

First impressions are very favorable. The fork is very well controlled, and the shock from bumps no longer travels through the handlebars and up through my arms to my shoulders. Brake dive is substantially reduced. Cornering is improved as the front end feel much better planted, especially in bumpy curves.

The shocks are set at the pre-load and rebound they came with. Haven't had time to fine-tune the sag. The ride quality is very much better. It's more sports car than Cadillac. The bike isn't upset by large bumps as it was with factory shocks, and the ride motions are very controlled. It's almost like riding a different brand motorcycle. Two thumbs up from my passenger.

We plan to put our heated gear on tomorrow and ride 100 miles or so in 35-degree weather. Then a big snowstorm arrives Sunday and the window on our riding season closes for a few months. I'll add to the report in Spring after we've adjusted everything and logged a few long days in the saddle.
Get your sag set, adjust the rebound and ride it about 1000 miles. Then do it again. I would think the out-of-the box settings would be bone jarring unless you are hauling around 400+ lbs. Although I found the Revo-A's to be way better than the stock shocks on my SG, they really started feeling much smoother after some "break in" miles doing all sorts of riding.

Michael Haz (11-27-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Waukesha
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new here but sharing my experience with legend rear suspension that I put on my 2014 ultra limited. I loved everything about the coil spring shocks, so much that I'm having legends front fork kit installed while bike is in winter storage. The tech asked what normal riding weight would be,so I'm hoping for an improved ride up front now.

Quick Reply: Legends Suspension