Sponsored by:

Looking for Shop manual for 14 Ultra limited

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 06:53 AM
My14Ultra
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Looking for Shop manual for 14 Ultra limited

I've probably missed it in the search feature here but where can you get a good Shop manual on the bike? Does the dealer sell them? Went to the HD Web site and they don't specifically list it as available. I see stuff on e-bay but Wondered if I can get an actual factory Shop manual for the Bike?
Thanks

Old 11-17-2018, 07:05 AM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 836 Posts

ask parts Dept at local dealer, they might have to order them.

by "them" meaning the service manual AND the parts manual. Get both.

Last edited by F150HD; 11-17-2018 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:35 AM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,621 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Free shipping on $99 or more.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:47 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by F150HD
ask parts Dept at local dealer, they might have to order them.

by "them" meaning the service manual AND the parts manual. Get both.

Add the Electrical Diagnostics Manual to that list as well. It has all the troubleshooting procedures for the DTCs.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:28 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

You don't NEED a parts manual. Parts break downs can be found all over the internet for nothing. I've never bought an Electrical Diagnostics Manual either. Never had a reason for it.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:30 AM
My14Ultra
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Thanks!

Thanks Ill be ordering the Service and Elec diag manual from the Internet dealer----Thanks again all!!
Have a great Thanksgiving!

Old 11-18-2018, 11:46 AM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by My14Ultra
Thanks Ill be ordering the Service and Elec diag manual from the Internet dealer----Thanks again all!!
Have a great Thanksgiving!
$97.46 at Surdyke.
http://www.surdyke.com/PartsMain.asp...Name=&CatName=

Old 11-22-2018, 09:40 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,395 Likes on 4,009 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
You don't NEED a parts manual. Parts break downs can be found all over the internet for nothing. I've never bought an Electrical Diagnostics Manual either. Never had a reason for it.

True enough, BUT....

I buy an HD service manual, parts manual, and electrical diagnosis for each year/model bike own. That gives me good reference material for my current bikes, and I've built up a little "library" of manuals from past bikes.

The service manual speaks for itself.....

The parts manual I find very useful. The exploded parts diagrams are a good bonus to the service manual directions/procedures, as I am a visual person. I would much rather look at a big book when working on my bikes than a computer screen.

The Electrical Diagnostic Manual is by far the least used, but worth it's weight in gold when needed.....

For the OP... In the back of the owners manual, there is usually a listing for all three manuals for your bike, by HD part number. eBay is a source for older model HD manuals, but word of caution... Always check the online HD parts vendors, you'd be surprised how many older model's manuals are still available from HD. I learned this the hard way when I bought a manual for an older bike on eBay, then just for the heck of it, checked the manual part number on BoardTracker Online. BoardTracker could still get the manual and it was cheaper than I paid on eBay...

Last edited by hattitude; 11-22-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:38 AM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,135 Likes on 7,979 Posts

HARLEY-DAVIDSON 2014 TOURING MODELS SERVICE MANUAL 99483-14, NEW!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVI...QY-:rk:20:pf:0

Old 11-22-2018, 02:10 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
True enough, BUT....

I buy an HD service manual, parts manual, and electrical diagnosis for each year/model bike own. That gives me good reference material for my current bikes, and I've built up a little "library" of manuals from past bikes.

The service manual speaks for itself.....

The parts manual I find very useful. The exploded parts diagrams are a good bonus to the service manual directions/procedures, as I am a visual person. I would much rather look at a big book when working on my bikes than a computer screen.

The Electrical Diagnostic Manual is by far the least used, but worth it's weight in gold when needed.....

For the OP... In the back of the owners manual, there is usually a listing for all three manuals for your bike, by HD part number. eBay is a source for older model HD manuals, but word of caution... Always check the online HD parts vendors, you'd be surprised how many older model's manuals are still available from HD. I learned this the hard way when I bought a manual for an older bike on eBay, then just for the heck of it, checked the manual part number on BoardTracker Online. BoardTracker could still get the manual and it was cheaper than I paid on eBay...
eBay prices can be silly, and yet some items are consistently bought at those prices. Manuals are a good example, so is the XM module for Rushmore bikes, which often goes used for more than it costs new from Surdyke.

Quick Reply: Looking for Shop manual for 14 Ultra limited