Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boardtracker closed??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 01:06 PM
csederlund
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder if this had anything to do with their online site for parts being down for a few weeks. When it finally came back up, the prices were regular retail. I ended buying from different dealer in Utah. I usually bought all my parts form Boardtracker because of the prices and usually free shipping.

The following users liked this post:
empowered01 (12-20-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 08:43 PM
Duckkarl
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by csederlund
I wonder if this had anything to do with their online site for parts being down for a few weeks. When it finally came back up, the prices were regular retail. I ended buying from different dealer in Utah. I usually bought all my parts form Boardtracker because of the prices and usually free shipping.

This would not surprise me. Reading that article, one guy had been waiting for weeks for a drive belt. How is it that you have to wait weeks for a drive belt? I had heard that they were not getting any shipments from H-D at all, no parts or bikes. Who really knows the real deal here.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:35 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,696 Likes on 1,029 Posts

From my experience, when a dealer is out of trust with the financing source, they notify Harley Davidson (in this case).

Dealers have a parts account with Harley- and, if that account is not paid to date, they will not receive any parts. My bet is - if the dealership is that far past due with Harley Credit, then, their parts account is also past due.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:00 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

I would suspect HD held back shipment of anything to these guys- They're being sued for about $6 million- so they must owe HD a pile of money. Closing is supposed to be temporary- per the lastest sign on their door.

At least they're trying to get people's bikes back to them, that's one good thing.

Time will tell on their ultimate fate.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:32 PM
Michael Haz
Cruiser
Received 97 Likes on 34 Posts

"They also owned Iron Town Harley in New Berlin, WI. Wisconsin Harley, Oconomowoc,WI bought Iron Town.... It's now under new(Old) management"

Not yet. The previous owner of the dealership, when it was called Hal's, is installed as a temporary manager of Iron Town until the financial and legal issues are resolved and the sale of the dealership to the owners of Wisconson HD can be completed. Per an Iron Town manager today, there is not a date for the dealership transaction. It could be two months; it could be six months. depending on how long it takes to untangle the Iron Town business

Old 07-16-2019, 06:33 PM
binford6100
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks like Iron Town was shuttered today as well.

https://fox6now.com/2019/07/16/iron-...ay-operations/

Old 07-17-2019, 09:21 AM
Michael Haz
Cruiser
Received 97 Likes on 34 Posts

I stopped at Iron Town Saturday to buy some parts and asked how the negotiations were progressing. The answer I was given was that the deal was supposed to close in mid-June, but the lawyers were still arguing and debating, so the employees had no real date for the sale closing, and it looked like the shop may close its doors.

It's too bad for everyone, especially the employees.

When this dealership was Hal's HD, it was the gold standard for HD dealerships in Harley's home town.

As much as people bitch about "stealerships", owning an HD franchise is a very risky, low margin business, especially in areas where it snows five months every year.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:51 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

I really don't see a Harley dealership as being low margin business.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:51 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,450 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Haz
I stopped at Iron Town Saturday to buy some parts and asked how the negotiations were progressing. The answer I was given was that the deal was supposed to close in mid-June, but the lawyers were still arguing and debating, so the employees had no real date for the sale closing, and it looked like the shop may close its doors.

As much as people bitch about "stealerships", owning an HD franchise is a very risky, low margin business, especially in areas where it snows five months every year.

Oh please! It can't be too risky with a low margin if you can have 5 months of the year when your customers can't ride their bikes, and you can STILL make enough profit to stay in business. Come on! You can pull out the crying towel for some other lemming. I don't need one!

Old 07-18-2019, 07:06 AM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,032 Likes on 6,215 Posts

Another one bit the dust.

Quick Reply: Boardtracker closed??