Sponsored by:

Love Jugs questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 07:28 AM
Circa58
Club Member
Received 365 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Love Jugs questions

Today I will order the Love Jugs for my 15 SG Special and have a couple of questions.

1. Do they have a temp controlled on off switch?
2. Did any one buy and actually use the expended warranty?

The reason for the L.J. is that on my trip to Rolling Thunder, we got stuck in traffic, sitting and creeping along and the heat was severe, me and one buddy with Rushmores got 2nd degree burns on the inside of our right leg, and my other buddy got a 3rd degree bur that made a golf ball size blister on the inside of his right thigh. SO I am not taking that chance again when I got to Sturgis in August.

I am aware that HD has the rear cooling fan to redirect the hot air and I am aware that Ultra Cool makes an oil cooler with fan assist, but my decision is to go with L.J and if I need other means to cool the bike I will figure that out after the LJ

Last edited by Circa58; 06-06-2019 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:36 AM
mazz
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 116 Posts

i had a fan replaced quite a few years ago by love jugs . i found them easy to work with and the fan moves air . what the hell else could u need from a fan!!

The following users liked this post:
Circa58 (06-06-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 08:28 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Have you looked at the Love Jugs website? If I recall, it's pretty extensive and probably has a thorough explanation on how the product works.

Are you asking about an extended warranty on the Love Jugs? Didn't know they offered one..............................But I don't use the product either so I'm a bit ignorant on that subject.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:37 AM
Circa58
Club Member

Yes I have read their web site, more than once, tons of info but they lack specificity on the on/off, I will call them this morning

Old 06-06-2019, 09:02 AM
Circa58
Club Member

Called and spoke with Dave..

Ok, so does anyone use the Accessory switch on their dash to turn them on and off?

1. Do they have a temp controlled on off switch? Per Dave @ L/J. No, a temp switch would turn them off and on too often in their opinion so they do not offer this.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:32 PM
memphisharley
Road Warrior

Received 412 Likes on 317 Posts

I have the mighty mites and have it operating via the assy switch.
that said..if your right leg is burning now.. wait till that fan pushes that hot air past the heads to your right leg.

The following 2 users liked this post by memphisharley:
Circa58 (06-06-2019), IronAss (06-10-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 01:36 PM
Circa58
Club Member

Originally Posted by memphisharley
I have the mighty mites and have it operating via the assy switch.
that said..if your right leg is burning now.. wait till that fan pushes that hot air past the heads to your right leg.
SO how did you wire it, by just using the Accessory Switch wire as an interrupt to the power or ground?

I f the heat on my leg is still there, then I will buy the Harley Cooling fan that mounts to the frame behind the rear Jug,,,, but with that said, the Love Jugs will reduce the overall engine heat, so I anxious to see how much that reduces the rear jug heat

Old 06-06-2019, 08:28 PM
BlkDragon
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I have Love Jugs also and it was definite need for my performance engine to keep it cooler, along with UltraCool oil cooler. I was running close to 300 degrees without both, with both I am running below 250 degrees the highest it'll go up under 265 degrees, that's in heavy traffic.

When I am in traffic, or stop & go the heat from the bike is unbearable. I turn my engine off if I am sitting at long lights, nothing you can do with our bikes on that.

I have a switch but I keep it on all the time, where I live depending on how cold (it doesn't get cold at all) I don't bother shutting off my LJ. UltraCool is control by a sensor and works extremely well.

Circa58 (06-06-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Two Lane Tramp
Road Master
Received 268 Likes on 158 Posts

The Harley behind the jug cooler only works on the M8s. I have the Ultra Cool oil fan that comes on when the bike gets over 230. A lite comes on the dash to let me know it's running. I have the Love Jug Mighty Mites that I switch on the unit and leave on. The system works pretty good along with ceramic headers and stage one with Power Vision. The air off the Mighty Might is not excessively hot in traffic. The only reason I did not go with the larger Love Jugs was looks. They are fugly.

Circa58 (06-06-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 05:42 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by Circa58
Today I will order the Love Jugs for my 15 SG Special and have a couple of questions.

1. Do they have a temp controlled on off switch?

The reason for the L.J. is that on my trip to Rolling Thunder, we got stuck in traffic, sitting and creeping along and the heat was severe, me and one buddy with Rushmores got 2nd degree burns on the inside of our right leg, and my other buddy got a 3rd degree bur that made a golf ball size blister on the inside of his right thigh. SO I am not taking that chance again when I got to Sturgis in August.

I am aware that HD has the rear cooling fan to redirect the hot air and I am aware that Ultra Cool makes an oil cooler with fan assist, but my decision is to go with L.J and if I need other means to cool the bike I will figure that out after the LJ
We're you guys wearing shorts or some kind of yoga pants or something? A 3rd degree burn? VT81

joe40x (06-07-2019)

Quick Reply: Love Jugs questions