Sponsored by:

Another dual cool overheating (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 08:38 AM
rwven
Road Master
Received 232 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Bhentz
So, does anyone know when and or if the "new" style pump went into production? I have a 2018 Anv Edition Ultra Limited, Check engine light came on yesrterday at the end of 200 mile ride, checked codes, PO1017 and PO1019 both relate to engine overheat. Still under base warranty so.....
The new pumps were introduced on the M8 series motors which I believe your '18 is.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:10 PM
NotAknucklehead
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
You're "saving" your ESP? Is there a monetary limit on the coverage?
Not that I know of. Its an extended service plan i bought from the dealer.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:49 PM
Oko
Supporter
Received 3,833 Likes on 1,444 Posts

Originally Posted by NotAknucklehead
Not that I know of. Its an extended service plan i bought from the dealer.
So don’t be a knucklehead and use your ESP!

The dealer will put the improved pump on.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:13 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts

So, does anyone know when and or if the "new" style pump went into production? I have a 2018 Anv Edition Ultra Limited, Check engine light came on yesrterday at the end of 200 mile ride, checked codes, PO1017 and PO1019 both relate to engine overheat. Still under base warranty so.....
You could have a coolant pump problem ,but if i were you i would make sure that M8 is not sumping causing it to over heat. Start doing some searching on here and you will be able to read all about it and what it feels like.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:58 PM
K Melancon
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

New pump is the M8 water pump then are fitting to the previous bikes.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:58 PM
NotAknucklehead
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Must be a ton of good booze flowing, asked for diagnostic troubleshooting and folks thought I needed a lesson on being a knucklehead lol.. so, i ordered the damn pump kit today, will have it on my bike by Saturday. That's 3 weeks quicker than i could have any other way... next bike (if i dont ride this to my last days) will not have an extended plan... as i enjoy doing it myself, trust myself more and like eastwood said, a good man has to know his limitations. This, i got..and thank for the hijak fellas! (Toung in cheek!!)

Old 06-25-2019, 10:13 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts

Let us know if this was the actual cause of your over heating problems.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:30 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,168 Posts

Originally Posted by NotAknucklehead
Must be a ton of good booze flowing, asked for diagnostic troubleshooting and folks thought I needed a lesson on being a knucklehead lol.. so, i ordered the damn pump kit today, will have it on my bike by Saturday. That's 3 weeks quicker than i could have any other way... next bike (if i dont ride this to my last days) will not have an extended plan... as i enjoy doing it myself, trust myself more and like eastwood said, a good man has to know his limitations. This, i got..and thank for the hijak fellas! (Toung in cheek!!)
You're paying for the pump out of pocket and installing it yourself and you have ESP? I understand wanting to do your own work, but why take on an expense and your time to do this? Plus, even though your dealer says you might have a failing pump, you have insinuated you think it's not the pump. Now, I'm wondering whose booze is flowing?

Old 06-26-2019, 05:26 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

If you're not gonna use your ESP you can turn it in and get a pro-rated refund on the unused portion...just sayin'.

Old 06-27-2019, 11:23 AM
Bhentz
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The overheating light did not come on, only CEL with PO1017 and PO1019, fans came on and ran for about 20-30 secs after shut down as usual. Oil level is full, coolant level full, no obvious signs of overheat no pinging, or smell. I was running about 60 on an open secondary rd in very little traffic and had been running like that for 30 minutes or so prior to CEL coming on. Haven't been able to get it into the dealer yet. Really thinking abourt clearing them and see if they come back.

Quick Reply: Another dual cool overheating (Again)