Sponsored by:

How to reset 2014 6.5 Infotainment?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 01:22 PM
-RocknRoll-
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Thanks Ghost for posting this, it worked perfectly and reset the infotainment system to factory defaults. I got so deep into changing settings and things working differently I was lost and figured a reset was the only answer. I can't believe HD doesn't have a reset to default button somewhere on the menu. Damn system is so frustrating and complicated...anyway, thanks!
I know this thread is older, but in response to "use search function" it's the nature of the beast. I just recently updated my boom audio to the 1.19.1 file and hadn't had any issues until yesterday. My iPhone 6 was having issues connecting via usb and in the top center of HD boom audio screen it would intermittently bounce between "Reading..." and "iPhone 6"(my phones name.) I tried disconnecting, restarting, forgetting phone via BT etc. One other big symptom I noticed I previously never experienced but had, was in the media menu when searching by Artist, Playlist etc, before if I chose to find an artist I could search alphabetically by artists first letter. This was gone. Never could get the alphabetized list or artists in the small cursor to the far right. Well, fast forward to this post. Figured it wouldn't hurt anything to restore it to factory presets. Well, everything works as it should. Tedious to go back and adjust all the parameters I had set before, but I did not lose my software version. It remained at 1.19.1. Hope this helps someone else experiencing random ghost errors

Yesterday cursor looked like this;
^

v
After reset it looks like this;
^
A
v

Old 07-20-2015, 05:03 PM
mitchflhx
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re-loaded 19.1.0

I had the same issue. I had to reload 19.1.0

Old 07-20-2015, 05:10 PM
-RocknRoll-
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchflhx
I had the same issue. I had to reload 19.1.0

The latest .1 software has worked just fine from its release until randomly yesterday. I think it was my head unit more than the software. You could probably load the latest software and run it just fine if you've reset the system like I did!

Old 06-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Dom Pedro
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Problem solved

Many Thanks Ghostrider1967

I got few problems on mine! GPS got black, multimedia changed buttons for FM memory, etc, etc!

Went to HD Berlin (Germany) and they changed the unit and got again the same problem... yesterday went back to HD Germany and the top mechanic ... removed to cable of the battery for the Factory Restore!!!!!!! i have to wait for 2 hours and got the cable again and come to the conclusion that is need to change the unit again... :icon_smash :
Anyway... done what u suggested and it works, back again to normal today!

So, now i will wait for the new unit and tell them all that the problem has been solved with ur help! HD service in Europe is crap and without knowledge about the problems! don't understand how come the mechanics don't know the difference between Software and Hardware!!! Anyway, lets see till when i have this situation solved!

Old 11-13-2016, 03:20 PM
Kostas Tsoris
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I delete the intercom choice by mistake on my boom box 6.5 can anybody tell me how can i restore intercom???

Old 04-25-2017, 06:24 PM
peterpellegrino
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boombox stuck in update mode

I have a 2014 Tri-Glide Ultra with the BoomBox 6.5.infotainment system. Today I successfully updated the System to 1.21, but when I went to update the Dealer locations. it quit and said there was a problem and to reinsert the USB to continue the update. Now it's stuck in update mode and I can't get it to return to normal function. I tried to follow the reset instructions in the manual, but the system is not accepting input. If I remove and reinsert the USB, it starts to process and then stops and gives me the same message, anyone know how to get the system to reset under these circumstances?

Old 04-25-2017, 06:27 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

This post was 4 years ago Wohoo the world wide web and no deletion of old posts!

The following users liked this post:
Johnny Goodlife (05-10-2018)
Old 07-06-2017, 11:36 AM
TReaper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Navigation Memory Full

Originally Posted by Ghostrider1967
This is out of the 2014 Touring electrial diagnostic manual. Maybe try this? To enter the service menu:
1. Turn IGN OFF. Wait 15 seconds.
2. Press and hold power/mute button. Turn IGN? to ACC.
3. Continue to press power button for 2 seconds after the WARNING screen is displayed.
4. Release power/mute button and accept warning.
The service menu may display Diag Service not Availiable when a menu option is initially selected. This message will clear once the system has finished performing the power-on process. Options are: DTCs, Audio, Display, Key input, Component menus, Version info, Reset, Touchscreen.
Reset: Pre-calibration reset: Restores fatory default settings. This is recommended when there are radio symptoms and no DTCs*
Post calibration save: Archives customers settings so that they can be restored after a Post calibration Reset.
Post calibration reset: Resets the radio to factory default settings and restores the last archive data stored during Post calibration Save. Give it a whirl? Let me know if this works?

I wonder if this will work for my issue. My Nav. system was full of ride plans so I went through the laborious process of deleting all my existing routes (built from Ride Planner). So I go to upload some new rides 30kb (10 rides) of data and only 15 kb of data (5 rides) will load and the Nav system tells me that its full and cant accept anymore information. Do you think a factory reset will correct the issue?

Last edited by TReaper; 07-06-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: typos
Old 07-06-2017, 09:15 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,170 Likes on 7,986 Posts

Originally Posted by TReaper
I wonder if this will work for my issue. My Nav. system was full of ride plans so I went through the laborious process of deleting all my existing routes (built from Ride Planner). So I go to upload some new rides 30kb (10 rides) of data and only 15 kb of data (5 rides) will load and the Nav system tells me that its full and cant accept anymore information. Do you think a factory reset will correct the issue?
Yes, you lose all of your data and presets with a reset.

The following users liked this post:
TReaper (07-07-2017)
Old 05-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Johnny Goodlife
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ghostrider1967
This is out of the 2014 Touring electrial diagnostic manual. Maybe try this? To enter the service menu:
1. Turn IGN OFF. Wait 15 seconds.
2. Press and hold power/mute button. Turn IGN? to ACC.
3. Continue to press power button for 2 seconds after the WARNING screen is displayed.
4. Release power/mute button and accept warning.
The service menu may display Diag Service not Availiable when a menu option is initially selected. This message will clear once the system has finished performing the power-on process. Options are: DTCs, Audio, Display, Key input, Component menus, Version info, Reset, Touchscreen.
Reset: Pre-calibration reset: Restores fatory default settings. This is recommended when there are radio symptoms and no DTCs*
Post calibration save: Archives customers settings so that they can be restored after a Post calibration Reset.
Post calibration reset: Resets the radio to factory default settings and restores the last archive data stored during Post calibration Save. Give it a whirl? Let me know if this works?
I know how old this, but you just saved my *** and wanted to thank you.

Quick Reply: How to reset 2014 6.5 Infotainment?