Sponsored by:

2014 Limited cup holder

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 07:44 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by cptdenny
I tried the Cruiser Kaddy the dealer sells and it rusted out at the key way section withing 4 months.
Really?

My experience has been quite different. Bought my first one in '07 and put it on my Heritage, It was on the Heritage when I traded it in with 30,000 miles in 2010 on my '11 RGU. Put a brand new on on the RGU, and took it off and put it on my 14, so this one has been hanging on the bars for near 4 years, and around 35,000 miles with no rust issues.

YMMV

Old 02-23-2014, 11:16 AM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
Really?

My experience has been quite different. Bought my first one in '07 and put it on my Heritage, It was on the Heritage when I traded it in with 30,000 miles in 2010 on my '11 RGU. Put a brand new on on the RGU, and took it off and put it on my 14, so this one has been hanging on the bars for near 4 years, and around 35,000 miles with no rust issues.

YMMV
I must have some bad luck then. The company did replace it after I provided photos showing the key way hole rusted out to the point the wall integrity failed. It couldn't be mounted any longer.
I don't know if living & riding in South FL contributed to its failure.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:27 AM
bingram1
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cptdenny
I don't know if living & riding in South FL contributed to its failure.
I second that! The salt air eats any and every thing. Had my bicycle down here for the winter 2 years ago and took it back home and 2 of the cables were rusted up. The bike fixer guy said "I dont know where your storing this for the winter" I interupted him and said we go Florida for the winter and he said "yea that will do it." Could be worse Denny, you could be in the Keys! We are surrounded by it. Thats why I DONT bring the Harley down here with me!

Old 02-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BTFD55
I'm using the RAM on the left,but wondering if Kuryakyn is going to make the passenger one for the '14 like I had on my '11. It attached to the Tour Pak.
I had that same passenger cup holder on my 12 Limited. I kept it when I sold the 12. I called Kuryakn's customer support and they told me it will work on the 14. I haven't tried installing it yet. Waiting till it warms up enough to need to carry a drink. As long as the bolts that attach the speaker pods to the tourpak are at the same position from the outside edge of the speaker pods it should work.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:46 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Greg2012FLHTK
I had that same passenger cup holder on my 12 Limited. I kept it when I sold the 12. I called Kuryakn's customer support and they told me it will work on the 14. I haven't tried installing it yet. Waiting till it warms up enough to need to carry a drink. As long as the bolts that attach the speaker pods to the tourpak are at the same position from the outside edge of the speaker pods it should work.
Looks like I will need a passenger drink/cup holder as well. The method I used for the RAM mount on my '09 won't work for the 2014. If that Kury passenger one works let me know, thanks!

Old 03-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristoHD
Looks like I will need a passenger drink/cup holder as well. The method I used for the RAM mount on my '09 won't work for the 2014. If that Kury passenger one works let me know, thanks!
The Kuryakyn passenger drink holder # 1482 doesn't work. The front of the pre 14 tour packs was straight. The 14's is curved. The only passenger one I have found that will work on the 14's is the one in this link http://www.hogtrough.com/portfolio/p...le-cup-holder/ I haven't bought one yet. I'm concerned about the weight of the drink possibly damaging the speaker pod when getting bounced around on bumps. I asked on another post if anyone has tried one yet and didn't get a response. I just emailed Hog Trough's customer support with my concerns but haven't got a reply yet. I bought the ram mount Kuryakyn # 1462 for me but haven't tried installing it yet. Are you saying it wont work? Kuryakyn's web site says it will, that's why I bought it.

Last edited by Greg2012FLHTK; 03-29-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:47 AM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't beat the adjustability of the Ram, I take it off when I'm not using it...

I mounted my GoPro there earlier in the day.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:47 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior

The Kuryakyn passenger drink holder # 1482 doesn't work. The front of the pre 14 tour packs was straight. The 14's is curved. The only passenger one I have found that will work on the 14's is the one in this link http://www.hogtrough.com/portfolio/p...le-cup-holder/ Here is a picture of it, they don't have the description and pic on the same page http://www.hogtrough.com/cms/wp-cont...8853002897.jpg. I haven't bought one yet. I'm concerned about the weight of the drink possibly damaging the speaker pod when getting bounced around on bumps. I asked on another post if anyone has tried one yet and didn't get a response. I just emailed Hog Trough's customer support with my concerns but haven't got a reply yet. I bought the ram mount Kuryakyn # 1462 for me but haven't tried installing it yet. Are you saying it wont work? Kuryakyn's web site says it will, that's why I bought it.
I chatted with Kury's tech support this morning - this unit will not work as passenger drink holders, but they said they should have something soon, indicated in a few weeks even.

These will NOT work on a 2014 TP:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/389...-Ultra-Classic

1689 Passenger Drink Holder w/Basket - Left Side (ea)
1493 Passenger Drink Holder w/Stainless Mug- Right Side
1482 Passenger Drink Holder w/Basket - Right Side

This MIGHT work if you have the passenger rails:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/179...-Tubing-Mounts
1484 Drink Holder with Basket for Round Bars (ea)
Fits: 1/2”, 5/8”, or 3/4” tubing
With Stainless Steel Mug
1485 Passenger Drink Holder with stainless Mug (ea)

I have the RAM one for me installed on the front bars, works just fine, just gotta find something for the Mrs in the back.

Last edited by ChristoHD; 03-24-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:56 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

I bought the ram mount Kuryakyn # 1462 for me but haven't tried installing it yet. Are you saying it wont work? Kuryakyn's web site says it will, that's why I bought it.
This one should be fine.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:15 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Smile

Originally Posted by NiteOwlNY
You can't beat the adjustability of the Ram, I take it off when I'm not using it...

I mounted my GoPro there earlier in the day.

Yeah this is the way to go for the rider IMO. I ordered the chrome versions of those mounts for the brake/clutch reservoirs.

Do you get a lot of vibration with your GoPro mounted there on the bars though? Good spot to film yourself of course. I found using the suction mount on the front fender to be the best place for smooth video and stills, and use the wifi back or the iPhone to control it.

Quick Reply: 2014 Limited cup holder