Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 accessory power connector info

Old 02-16-2014, 12:28 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 2014 accessory power connector info

The 2014s have no OEM accessory power connectors, no B+ connector and no 4 position Deutsch connector controlled by the dash "ACC" rocker switch, you must purchase HD PN 69200722. I purchased one and interrogated it to break down the components. It plugs into the bike harness with a new Molex MX 150 sealed series 8 position connector with "B" type key and has one 4 position Deutsch connector just like all pre-2014s, and it has two independent wires that can be "custom" connected, 1 is constant hot and 1 is ignition switched.

For the DIY electrical types I have researched and sourced this main connector, so you can make your own accessory connection for a few bucks instead of donating another $25.00 to the H Dynasty. The parts can be found at several electronics parts houses but I used Digi-Key.

Housing (all required parts) http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...ords=wm9429-nd
Crimp Terminal 14-16 ga http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...9CT-ND/2405588
Crimp Terminal 18-20 ga http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...7CT-ND/2421885
Crimp Terminal 22 ga http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...0CT-ND/2421876
Cavity Plug http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...ords=wm4683-nd

Tips: the cavity plugs aren't absolutely necessary you could seal any unused positions with a dab of RTV.
At checkout select USPS first class for cheapest shipping, mine came in 2 days, for comparison UPS ground is 5 business days at about 4 times the cost. If you don't want to buy special crimpers, you can ugly it together with some needle nose pliers and/or solder. known connector positions 1= black ground, 2= blu/violet ignition switched power, 5= red/blue direct battery power AKA B+.
Pretty much everything you need to connect accessory power is in this post but if you wish to research it further these links will get you the Molex transportation catalog, and technical drawings, they may be useful for other OEM molex connectors. http://www.molex.com/catalog/web_catalog/pdfs/T.pdf
http://www.molex.com/pdm_docs/sd/334720806_sd.pdf

I don't know anything else about this, I don't even own a 2014. I don't know if one of the dash switches will control anything. Other wire positions of the connector will need to researched in the electrical section of the service manual. There is plenty of the info out there about the 4 position Deutsch connector, DTO4-4P so I'm not going into it, other than AMP makes the same connector as part number ATO4-4P, Hope someone finds this useful.

The following users liked this post:
nhbubba (04-20-2018)
Old 02-16-2014, 01:04 PM
harleyjth
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great information. Thanks! Wish I hadn't already donated....
jt

Old 02-16-2014, 01:12 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,691 Likes on 1,028 Posts

You do bring up an interesting point. My other bike had 4 rockers - driving lights, cruise, speakers and I don't remember the forth. All of these are now on the new handlebar switches.

The new bike still has 6 blank panels there - what are they for - or just a place to hook up some additional accessories?

Last edited by cycle7447; 02-16-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:30 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by cycle7447
You do bring up an interesting point. My other bike had 4 rockers - driving lights, cruise, speakers and I don't remember the forth. All of these are now on the new handlebar switches.

The new bike still has 6 blank panels there - what are they for - or just a place to hook up some additional accessories?

The 6 switch blanks that you spoke of are for the following:
Aux lights on left and Lock/Unlock tour pack on CVO limited, for now.
The wiring for those switches run back to the AUX plug mentioned above that the OP was referring to.
I used those switches to add my heated seat Lo/Hi along with my AUX lights on the left side and garage door opener on the right side and blanking the other two for now..

Old 02-16-2014, 04:49 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks - my bet is Harley will come up with some more things for us to add to those.

I noticed they have already come out with rear saddlebag lights - and wonder if this will be connected to one of those switches. On my 2011 - that is where the saddlebag lights were connected.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:09 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cycle7447
Thanks - my bet is Harley will come up with some more things for us to add to those.

I noticed they have already come out with rear saddlebag lights - and wonder if this will be connected to one of those switches. On my 2011 - that is where the saddlebag lights were connected.
No the new saddlebag lights are a running & brake light & turn signals which connect to the plug under the seat.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:34 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

[Quote]Originally Posted by cycle7447 View Post

I noticed they have already come out with rear saddlebag lights - and wonder if this will be connected to one of those switches. On my 2011 - that is where the saddlebag lights were connected.[Quote]

Cycle7447, H.D. currently has nothing in the pipeline as to future use of the switches other than the ones I mentioned. As Kugie pointed out about the lights, most of the ad on's are just plug in lighting and Aux things such as heated gear and such. If you want the switches to operate something, you will need to install relay's that you can wire to from those switch packs and interrupt the circuit for the item your adding.

Last edited by GlidingJoe; 02-17-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:56 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks all - this site and you guys are a wealth of information

Old 05-17-2014, 08:07 PM
motorcyclelockman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GlidingJoe
The 6 switch blanks that you spoke of are for the following:
Aux lights on left and Lock/Unlock tour pack on CVO limited, for now.
The wiring for those switches run back to the AUX plug mentioned above that the OP was referring to.
I used those switches to add my heated seat Lo/Hi along with my AUX lights on the left side and garage door opener on the right side and blanking the other two for now..
Where did you get the switches to go in there. I've tried to get some and was told they are not available.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:09 AM
HetzelD
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I found the switches with Harley Davidson Chester.
References are :

HD-71400034 SWITCH BUTTON,ILLUMINATED,FOG

HD-71400044 SWITCH ASY,MAINTAINED(PO)

They fit perfectly, but I still neet to figure out the cabling.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 accessory power connector info