Sponsored by:

installed new Clearview windshield on my 14 FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 07:18 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts
Default installed new Clearview windshield on my 14 FLHTK

Clearview windshield installed on my 2014 FLHTK. Posting quite a few photos; I really like it, to me it looks like it should have come with the bike day one. The angle slopes back following the angle of the fairing. I checked it against the stock windshield and it is within a 1/4" of the same height; the clearview being a touch higher. It is also a touch wider, as you can see in the photos the shield fits perfect, side to side. The recurve is gentle; while I still look over the shield, it will be easy to look through as well. This is the Medium size with smoke tint and recurve. Clearview is a supporter of this forum.

It is my understanding that Clearview spent a considerable about of time coming up with this shape. They even used a wind tunnel. This is not the same shape windshield they were selling in the past, it is my understanding they adapted the design to the Rushmore bikes first.

One complaint I have read is the time it takes from date of order to delivery. It took me a couple of weeks. I am very happy with everything about this shield, have not ridden the bike for any distance yet with the shield, once I do, I will report back. I was pretty happy with the stock shield so this should be a no brainer improvement, it sure is in the looks department IMHO.

Attached Thumbnails installed new Clearview windshield on my 14 FLHTK-clearview-windshield-015.jpg   installed new Clearview windshield on my 14 FLHTK-clearview-windshield-014.jpg   installed new Clearview windshield on my 14 FLHTK-clearview-windshield-012.jpg   installed new Clearview windshield on my 14 FLHTK-clearview-windshield-008.jpg   installed new Clearview windshield on my 14 FLHTK-clearview-windshield-007.jpg  

Last edited by scottt; 04-02-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:24 PM
devildocclem
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good interested in hearing how you like it after a good ride.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:53 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Do they offer discounts to Forum members?

Old 04-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Yancey Derringer
Intermediate

Scottt, I love the look on your bike (mine is the same color). Looks like I need to check Clearview out, maybe they will have one about an inch or inch and a half taller than the stock windshield.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:44 AM
Scarz
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I put a Clearview medium clear with recurve on mine, no road time or pics yet. Leaving this morning for Lafayette LA to attend their state HOG rally. Will let you know my thoughts when I return.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:09 AM
harleymike77
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you are pleased Scottt! You and I ordered the exact same windshield at the same time. Mine came in last week. Bike is still Winter Stored at the Dealer, but as soon as she comes home in two weeks, the Clearview goes on! AND, it looks REALLY sharp on your bike!

Mike

Old 04-03-2014, 08:31 AM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer

I was getting a little buffeting with the stock shield, I followed CV's directions for measuring and ended up getting their Large in clear. It's only about 1 1/2" taller but it made all the difference. I am 5'10" but with a long torso and I see clear over it without a problem.

It did take a little while to get it but with the Polar Vortex going on this winter it wasn't a big deal...

Old 04-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Dave Thorpe
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the chrome trim come with the Clearview shield?

Old 04-03-2014, 09:40 AM
harleymike77
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Thorpe
Does the chrome trim come with the Clearview shield?
No. It is another accessory you can buy. There are two styles. Solid like scottt has, and the slotted one. I bought the slotted one from HD. There is a Sponser in here who sells both ( I beleive), and they are very high quality and half the price of HD!

Old 04-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Dave Thorpe
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Clearview website shows a bike that looks just like yours with the exact same trim piece. Is that your bike they are showing on the Clearview site?

Quick Reply: installed new Clearview windshield on my 14 FLHTK