Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's removed front crash bar

Old 04-08-2014, 08:11 PM
twig
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Who's removed front crash bar

As title says how many have removed their front crash bars just for looks on the new touring bikes, I just pulled mine off to see how it looked and I think it looks okay without it. What do you guys think.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 303 Likes on 115 Posts

I think you're crazy if you run a touring bike without the engine guard. WHEN you drop it (even sitting in a parking lot), you're gonna regret not having the protection that thing affords. Looks-be-damned, keep your engine guard where it belongs... bolted to your bike. Just my .02 cents...

Old 04-08-2014, 08:48 PM
twig
Tourer

Your probably right I took it off to see what it would look like but that thought did occur to me about the bike falling over with no protection.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:40 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by twig
As title says how many have removed their front crash bars just for looks on the new touring bikes, I just pulled mine off to see how it looked and I think it looks okay without it. What do you guys think.
Dumb idea IMHO. If I had a Street Glide rather than the Limited (or Ultra), I'd add the rear guards as well. These things would be SO easy to tip over and there'd be no stopping them. I've seen guys drop them in a parking lot with zero damage with the guards in place. Wouldn't want to think about the damage without them.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:46 PM
steveg56
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

I like mine with out the crash bar. I have been running my streetglide without it for years. Yes if you drop it look for some damage, but really, do you think your going to drop it? My thought is if you think that's probable then you might be on the wrong bike in the first place.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:44 PM
twig
Tourer

I never thought about dropping my bike yeah it might happen might get run over by a cement truck too but just thought the bike look cleaner that's all, but thanks for all your concerns.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Hell no I wouldn't remove mine. The accident I was in last week,the crash bars saved my left leg from being crushed.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:34 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by twig
Another option/compromise is to black out the engine and saddlebag guards...

Old 04-09-2014, 01:42 AM
JC0311
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by steveg56
I like mine with out the crash bar. I have been running my streetglide without it for years. Yes if you drop it look for some damage, but really, do you think your going to drop it? My thought is if you think that's probable then you might be on the wrong bike in the first place.

What do you mean if you think it's probable you might be in the wrong bike, an accident could happen to anyone, and just like a gun, id rather have one and not need it than to need one and not have one. It's your opinion, your property and your body parts so have at it.

Last edited by JC0311; 04-09-2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Rider1973
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Or you could replace them.....

I have always replaced my bars with Lindby bars. They look "sleeker" and provide the protection that may come in handy "just in case". They looked awesome on my previous Road King and look great ( my opinion) on my new SGS. Plus they offer built in foot-rest.

Attached Thumbnails Who's removed front crash bar-lindby-1.jpg   Who's removed front crash bar-lindby-2.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who's removed front crash bar