Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger floorboards

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 03:40 PM
nchogfan
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just read on another post that some guys were swapping them, left to the right and right to the left. They said it moved them back a little bit away from our calves. I'm gonna see this afternoon if it's so.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:49 PM
RevRaz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks interesting, but appears to only move them higher and closer, but not farther back:

Lowest position is 2" forward from stock, and the highest position is 2.5" higher than stock

Originally Posted by MikeV3334
Have you checked out these.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...oard-mount-kit
Don't know if they could adjust back the images only show it adjusting up and forward. But looking at them they look like it could be set to the back position? Kinda pricey though, but what Harley stuff is not.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:50 PM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben221
I got used to it for two up riding. When my wife hops off I always kick them up with the backs of my legs before trying to maneuver. A little scary at first as you can't walk the bike. You just learn not to walk it.
+1 Very used to kicking them up before moving

Old 05-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Mike2014CVOLimited
Stage III
Default maybe?

I just dropped the passenger foot board bracket into the lowest spot and moved the adjustable bracket to it's highest & furthest back setup and it looks like I gained 2 inches from the way it was delivered to me from the dealership. I'm also going to look at different foot boards that aren't so pointy drilling me in the back of the calf.

I'm still wondering if anyone has an opinion about lowering the bike. I worry about the clearance and the handling changing.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:27 PM
RevRaz
Tourer

Maybe get a seat that sits lower for you?

Old 09-01-2016, 06:29 PM
maxgraphix
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Comfort+ Floorboard Conversion kit

I had the same problem on my bike with hitting the back of my legs on the passenger floorboards. My wife was also getting a lot of leg cramps in her short little legs. lol. So, I had custom brackets made to do the job. So many guys were asking about them that I decided to start selling them. They move the foot boards back 1 1/2 inches with options for flat or inclined mounting and can also add 3/4" more legroom mounted in the lowest position for those taller passengers. They fit Most touring models 2010 and newer And, they won't break the bank. Take a look at www.comfortplus.us.

Attached Thumbnails Passenger floorboards-duomax-ad.jpg  

Last edited by maxgraphix; 09-01-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,682 Likes on 825 Posts

I lowered my Ultra 2 inches and didn't feel any difference. Also had my seat modded by MCC. I am 5'8 also.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Gone Bush
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The problem I've experienced is similar but could have had a bad result.

I was driving off from a standstill once, two up, and turning to the left at the same time.

I put my left foot down to steady the bike in the slow turn and my boot sole gripped the road and held my foot stationary long enough for it to be almost dragged under the passenger's left foot rest.

It could easily have broken my leg.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:45 AM
maxgraphix
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Product to relocate passenger floorboards on Touring Models

Hey guys, I had a similar problem on my Limited. Hitting the backs of my legs. My wife also was having a problem with leg cramps on longer rides. I came up with a custom bracket to relocate the passenger floor boards. It moves them back 1 1/2 " and can be inclined or flat mounted like stock. also allows for moving them down for taller passengers. I had so many guys asking about them (mine are in the inclined position, so visibly different) that I decided to sell them. You can check them out here: www.comfortplus.us

Attached Thumbnails Passenger floorboards-inclined-boards.jpg  

Last edited by maxgraphix; 09-02-2016 at 10:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
dspencer (09-03-2016)
Old 09-03-2016, 12:50 PM
Onedef1
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike2014CVOLimited
Have you found a solution yet? I picked up my CVO Limited last Monday and my calf's are black & blue and I've just about dropped it twice when coming to a stop. Love the bike but being only 5'8" the seat height is a bit of an issue as well. Do you think lowering it would be a problem to maintain the outstanding ride?

Mike
This issue is correctable by proper riding technique. No offense intended, but shouldnt walk your bike to a stop. Take a riding course and learn to bring it to a stop, your foot should go down right when it comes to a stop. I'd agree with you on the seat height if it is compromising your control. You should be flat footed, not on your toes.

Quick Reply: Passenger floorboards