Sponsored by:

GPS Infotainment - Waypoints - How to Delete

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 09:27 PM
wing_rdr
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GPS Infotainment - Waypoints - How to Delete

Just back from my first trip with the new bike using the GPS and route planner. Worked fairly well, but I did have an issue. In my planning I did have waypoints that ended up not on the highway we were travelling on and after I passed them, the GPS continued to redirect me back to the exact waypoint. It became annoying to the point of me talking back to the GPS lady reciting expletives and other less complimentary words.
Is there a way to delete waypoints while on the road to avoid the persistent advice to turn around and go back to the waypoint.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:39 PM
kc hog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not found a way to delete a wave point while moving except for ending the route.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:54 AM
emu309
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want to skip a waypoint, waypoint 2 for example. Stop the route and begin to restart the route, but instead of starting from the beginning, select the following waypoint to start from, in this example start from waypoint 3 and guidance will continue normally.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:29 AM
HD-Gyro
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Gps

I had a similar problem where I imported a route from H-D ride planner and my start point was on a section of closed road and even though I tried to ignore the continuous instructions to turn back, I eventually had to stop the route.

However, one of the other riders on this site suggested the following which I have tried. It seems to work.

From the main map display screen, push the 'Options' button (the button with the 3 dash-dot symbols).

On the next screen scroll down until you see the 'Destinations' button. Click on it.

The next screen should be a summary of your trip with all the waypoints. Scroll down to find the waypoint you wish to delete. Click on it.

The next screen should be a description of the waypoint with the 'Options' button. Click on the 'Options' button.

On the Options screen click on 'Stop'.

After you click on Stop, the screen will return to the map and recalculate without that waypoint.

You can use either the right joystick or the touchscreen as the mouse.

Larry

Old 05-31-2014, 04:28 PM
wing_rdr
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I appreciate your response to my query.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:32 PM
2WELN
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HD-Gyro
I had a similar problem where I imported a route from H-D ride planner and my start point was on a section of closed road and even though I tried to ignore the continuous instructions to turn back, I eventually had to stop the route.

However, one of the other riders on this site suggested the following which I have tried. It seems to work.

From the main map display screen, push the 'Options' button (the button with the 3 dash-dot symbols).

On the next screen scroll down until you see the 'Destinations' button. Click on it.

The next screen should be a summary of your trip with all the waypoints. Scroll down to find the waypoint you wish to delete. Click on it.

The next screen should be a description of the waypoint with the 'Options' button. Click on the 'Options' button.

After you click on Stop, the screen will return to the map and recalculate without that waypoint.

Larry

I created my ride in Base Camp and renamed each waypoint numerically starting with 1. I intentionally plotted waypoint 3 on a side road and missed it. I pulled over and went through the instructions above but my way points were not numbered they were just latitude and longitude numbers. I chose the first waypoint in the list and stopped it. The route recalculated skipping the point I had missed, so that works. But does anyone know a way for the waypoints to be renamed something so you will know which is which. If not, I guess you have to stop immediately and delete the top one.
THANKS!!!

Old 10-08-2014, 04:54 AM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by emu309
If you want to skip a waypoint, waypoint 2 for example. Stop the route and begin to restart the route, but instead of starting from the beginning, select the following waypoint to start from, in this example start from waypoint 3 and guidance will continue normally.
Thanks... Good to know...

Old 10-08-2014, 08:53 AM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by emu309
The only downside to this is that the destination arrival time will be skewed significantly because the GPS will then use the starting point as the final destination (and you may see a confusing route on the screen for the path from your real destination back to the original start point).

Old 10-08-2014, 08:56 AM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by HD-Gyro

Larry
Awesome, just the info I needed!