Sponsored by:

FP3 question

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 04:06 PM
bpd138
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by starbiker99
I have the S&S air cleaner and S&S power dual headers along with Jackpot 3.5 mufflers from Fuelmoto. I am using the FP3 for my EFI tuning and I am running it in the Autotune mode currently. My idle seems to be rich and running rough. I don't have a lot of green blocks yet maybe 15%. I am going to finish out this tank of gas and see how it is running then. I love the ease of use of the FP3 and really hoping I can get it tuned just right! BTW as Smitty said I have also had issues where the bike does nothing when I hit the start button. It has however always started maybe after just a couple of presses.
When the FP3 is in Autotune the ABS light flashes. You have to press the starter button when the ABS light is out. It will start every time. Once you take it out of Autotune the ABS light stops flashing and the starting is a non issue.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:10 PM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good info; I'm about to order a FP3, so all this is useful.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Bohacker
Road Master

This may have already been covered, if so my apologies. Right now I've only done a stage 1 but am seriously considering doing a stage 4 over the winter. Will the FP3 function with a stage 4 or do I need to look at higher end units?

Old 06-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bpd138
When the FP3 is in Autotune the ABS light flashes. You have to press the starter button when the ABS light is out. It will start every time. Once you take it out of Autotune the ABS light stops flashing and the starting is a non issue.
That is correct, but it's the red security light not the ABS.
You have to hit the start button when the red light goes out

Old 06-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bohacker
This may have already been covered, if so my apologies. Right now I've only done a stage 1 but am seriously considering doing a stage 4 over the winter. Will the FP3 function with a stage 4 or do I need to look at higher end units?
Not right now, but they say it may in the future. Id go PV if I were you

Old 06-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain

Originally Posted by starbiker99
I have the S&S air cleaner and S&S power dual headers along with Jackpot 3.5 mufflers from Fuelmoto. I am using the FP3 for my EFI tuning and I am running it in the Autotune mode currently. My idle seems to be rich and running rough. I don't have a lot of green blocks yet maybe 15%. I am going to finish out this tank of gas and see how it is running then. I love the ease of use of the FP3 and really hoping I can get it tuned just right! BTW as Smitty said I have also had issues where the bike does nothing when I hit the start button. It has however always started maybe after just a couple of presses.
Unfortunately my non-start issues were with the bugs of auto tune. One of which happens when after you turn the bike back on after you originally flash to start auto tune an go right into the auto tune cell area. The bike will only crank over and not start. This threw several codes (TPS O2 and a few others) It wouldn't even let me clear them. I had to flash the stock map back and then it cleared. The I had to start over.

I just think V&H needs to work stuff out.
I also do not get a "0%" TPS with a closed throttle wether running or off. It's at 5% running or off and 3% while driving.
VE's run off MAP so it's not affecting the tune per say, but the decel enleanment has to be affected since it reports a somewhat open throttle in my opinion.
I get pops (not bad though) on decel under 2,000 rpm and get no results from using this table to try to tune it out (no exhaust or intake leaks either)

Old 06-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Bohacker
Road Master

Thanks Smittyjf, kind of what I suspected.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Dan1122
Advanced

I was only going with a Stage One and went wit the FP3 and had zeros problems and bike runs great. If I were do all over I'd go with the same set up again. What I was wondering will the Canbus on the 2014's adjust the tune and settings more after a tune is loaded? Heard that after a tank or so the computer will fine tune adjust .. not sure if this is true or not?

Old 06-02-2014, 06:20 PM
bpd138
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smittyjf
That is correct, but it's the red security light not the ABS.
You have to hit the start button when the red light goes out
I stand corrected. I knew it was some flashing light.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dan1122
I was only going with a Stage One and went wit the FP3 and had zeros problems and bike runs great. If I were do all over I'd go with the same set up again. What I was wondering will the Canbus on the 2014's adjust the tune and settings more after a tune is loaded? Heard that after a tank or so the computer will fine tune adjust .. not sure if this is true or not?
Have you checked what your TPS shows while off or Idling with the throttle closed?
Mine shows between 3-5% under any closed throttle situation. I wonder if they all show that.

Quick Reply: FP3 question