Sponsored by:

FP3 question

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 09:22 AM
jphillips63
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FP3 question

I'm looking to purchase the FP3 in the near future along with V&H headers without the cats for my 14 ultra limited. My question is where does the FP3 mount on the bike at?

Old 06-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jphillips63
I'm looking to purchase the FP3 in the near future along with V&H headers without the cats for my 14 ultra limited. My question is where does the FP3 mount on the bike at?
I velcro'd mine to the inside of left side cover. There's enough cable to take the cover off and remove the FP3 to completely remove the cover.

I have a 14 limited with Power Duals and Monster Ovals with it, but I'm not impressed with the tune. It's not bad but I should have gone PV in hindsight. auto tune is sketchy at best.
I have to experiment with smoothing the VE tables out a little to see if that helps. I don't think most tuners will want to dyno with it though.

Smitty

Old 06-02-2014, 09:38 AM
jphillips63
Advanced

Originally Posted by Smittyjf
I velcro'd mine to the inside of left side cover. There's enough cable to take the cover off and remove the FP3 to completely remove the cover.

I have a 14 limited with Power Duals and Monster Ovals with it, but I'm not impressed with the tune. It's not bad but I should have gone PV in hindsight. auto tune is sketchy at best.
I have to experiment with smoothing the VE tables out a little to see if that helps. I don't think most tuners will want to dyno with it though.

Smitty

So I should consider going with a PV over the FP3? Really only upgrades I plan to do is a stage one AC, catless headers and the CFR slip ons. Main reason for thinking of the FP3 was mainly the auto tune selection.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:41 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

PV2 will auto tune.

you can leave it on the bars, or unplug and put it in a drawer when you're done.

TTS has Vtune, but need to plug in your laptop and ride

Old 06-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Smittyjf
Road Captain

So I should consider going with a PV over the FP3? Really only upgrades I plan to do is a stage one AC, catless headers and the CFR slip ons. Main reason for thinking of the FP3 was mainly the auto tune selection.
It's a reasonably priced flash tuner, but I guess I'm spoiled having my previous bikes Dyno'd with TTS Mastertune. It has some bugs too. Several people have had some auto tune issues. I've had my fair share. It's not started after loading auto tune, I've had it corrupt my ECM and throw TPS codes and would not work until I flashed back my stock map.
Just odd things plus I'd like more information as to what is going on during auto tune.
V&H have always been secret about their fuel management devices.

I wouldn't rule it out, It's just my opinion.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Smittyjf
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
TTS has Vtune, but need to plug in your laptop and ride
I believe the Blue box TTS will do stand alone auto tune sessions, you just need to connect your laptop when you want to merge the vtune sessions.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:48 AM
jphillips63
Advanced

Thanks I just sent fuel moto an email on my planned upgrades and hopefully they will get me on right track for a tuner. My last bike I installed the xied and they worked great.
What are the thoughts on the power commander?

Old 06-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Smittyjf
Road Captain

Thanks I just sent fuel moto an email on my planned upgrades and hopefully they will get me on right track for a tuner. My last bike I installed the xied and they worked great.
What are the thoughts on the power commander?
Works well.
Fuel Moto is your best bet. The support is great if you are DIY. Their maps are very close if not spot on. They custom dyno them. They were the first to start working with the 14 Limited

Old 06-02-2014, 10:07 AM
jphillips63
Advanced

Originally Posted by Smittyjf
Works well.
Fuel Moto is your best bet. The support is great if you are DIY. Their maps are very close if not spot on. They custom dyno them. They were the first to start working with the 14 Limited
Thanks for your input, I'll wait and see which route FM directs me and go with there suggestion.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:35 AM
starbiker99
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the S&S air cleaner and S&S power dual headers along with Jackpot 3.5 mufflers from Fuelmoto. I am using the FP3 for my EFI tuning and I am running it in the Autotune mode currently. My idle seems to be rich and running rough. I don't have a lot of green blocks yet maybe 15%. I am going to finish out this tank of gas and see how it is running then. I love the ease of use of the FP3 and really hoping I can get it tuned just right! BTW as Smitty said I have also had issues where the bike does nothing when I hit the start button. It has however always started maybe after just a couple of presses.

Last edited by starbiker99; 06-02-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Quick Reply: FP3 question