Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 10:50 AM
BILLL1121
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Did 600 miles on Fathers Day.. My only problem will be getting divorced for not being home at all. What a bike.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:41 AM
01XLH
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jcapps
are you that naïve? seriously? The guy joined today and made up bullshit that he is having all the problems that EVERYONE else is having. Then posts a list of items that, if anyone had ALL those problems, would be at the dealer returning the bike, not posting on a forum.

Maybe its just coincidence that this forum has been over run with trolls...I am not that naive
OK so just maybe, he didn't know about hdforums.com?
He was searching for similar issues as he's having?

If the guy is a fake, that's his problem. But it's starting to come across that anyone that discusses these issues is considered a troll and that's non-sense.

I hadn't been on this site for years, after I got the 14 Ultra and noticed the GPS was reporting the wrong direction, I searched it and this website came up a number of times. I had to find my username & pw, after I signed on I saw threads relating to what I had and as time's gone on and I have additional issues, they're noted here as well.

Recently some have started the "Give the haters crap" squeal. I'm not a "hater", but I sure as hell don't like the MoCo & dealer(s) telling me "we've never seen that before".

And then to have someone judge me because I want others to know the issue is not an isolated problem?

I made one dealer aware of this site and the Rushmore forum. And after that I seem to have their attention. I don't expect them to fix it on their own (that's Harmon-Kardon & HD's) job, but at least the dealer doesn't hand me a line of BS.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:45 AM
01XLH
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BILLL1121
Did 600 miles on Fathers Day.. My only problem will be getting divorced for not being home at all. What a bike.
I think you have that backwards...

"Get a divorce, buy a motorcycle" was my saying. I hadn't ridden for awhile, wife wanted a divorce, I got our son, raised him and bought a motorcycle.

Now he wants a crotch rocket, where did I go wrong?

Old 06-18-2014, 12:40 PM
GeneseeGap
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

I wish I could also say, "this was the best bike I ever owned", however, I found myself with a severe situation with the water pump which made a 5 day break down a nightmare.
I was on a long distance trip.
Rode 1086 miles the first day. The bike is a dream on long distances. Wont ever forget blasting across the plains in Nebraska and Wyoming.

That being said...the third day of the trip I found the coolant pump failed and the fans circuit breaker popped and would not take another fuse....keeped blowing the circuit I guess.

It was a Friday..parts ordered at the nearby dealer (75 miles away) after I was assured that riding it w/o coolant was fine and they would put it in writing. I got unlucky and a trike took the last in stock pump. So Monday would be the earliest the part would come into the shop.

So for me just about every coolant related component on the cooled biked has failed.

I would never go out on a limb and say "all water cooled models are junk" but I think a major problems exist.

Last edited by GeneseeGap; 06-18-2014 at 12:41 PM. Reason: correction
Old 06-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Erock1800
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 14 SGS has been trouble free 3k miles so far.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:07 PM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

I almost feel guilty for not having any problems yet. I only have 900 miles on it though, so my luck could change. I will make sure to let you guys know what a piece of crap the bike is, if necessary.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:07 PM
hillbillywhisperer
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WaucondaRider
Guessing he's referring to the ABS hose recall that was just issued.
Yes I was. I was eating frog legs at the time and had a brain fart.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:09 PM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by 01XLH

If the guy is a fake, that's his problem. But it's starting to come across that anyone that discusses these issues is considered a troll and that's non-sense.

I hadn't been on this site for years, after I got the 14 Ultra and noticed the GPS was reporting the wrong direction, I searched it and this website came up a number of times. I had to find my username & pw, after I signed on I saw threads relating to what I had and as time's gone on and I have additional issues, they're noted here as well.

Recently some have started the "Give the haters crap" squeal. I'm not a "hater", but I sure as hell don't like the MoCo & dealer(s) telling me "we've never seen that before".

And then to have someone judge me because I want others to know the issue is not an isolated problem?

I made one dealer aware of this site and the Rushmore forum. And after that I seem to have their attention. I don't expect them to fix it on their own (that's Harmon-Kardon & HD's) job, but at least the dealer doesn't hand me a line of BS.
One or two issues is one thing. He did not go into any detail, and just named about every part on the bike and said...ETC

Sorry, you are naive

Old 06-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Dave Thorpe
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 01XLH

Agree 100%. I'm really getting fed up with the jihadists here who decide they want to lynch someone who reports a problem.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:44 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Thorpe
Agree 100%. I'm really getting fed up with the jihadists here who decide they want to lynch someone who reports a problem.
"jihadists", really? I don't bash anyone asking about a problem. I do have a problem with these types of threads from a person who just joined the forum and this is their first post. They gave no introduction, no background, etc. Instead they jump right into problems. And I'm not one of those guys who hate on others for hating on the Rushmores. Trust me, my bike has had it's share of issues. I welcome discussion about the problems. That discussion and information has helped me tremendously.

At the time of this reply, there have been 29 replies to the original thread. Not once have I seen the OP chime in since their original post. I still call this classic troll S#*T!

Quick Reply: 2014 problems