Sponsored by:

A week with the Fuel Pak 3, thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 07:08 PM
surfnorthwest
Supporter
Received 27,868 Likes on 9,311 Posts
Default A week with the Fuel Pak 3, thoughts

Thought I would post my impressions after a week of riding with all the stage one upgrades and using a Vance and Hines Fuel Pak3.

Stage one on my FLHTK
Fuel Moto filter (stock housing) $147
Vance and Hines Power Duals $425
Vance and Hines Monster Rounds $575
Vance and Hines Fuel Pak 3 $340

The Fuel Pak was easy to use. Plug it into the port, turn the key on, let the phone app find the device and sync it, download the map based upon parts used for Stage 1, flash it. Also noticed it backs up your original tune to the Vance and Hines servers.

Impressions; There is a power increase how much I don't know but it is without a doubt noticeable. However it is not earth breaking either. What is the most noticeable is how absolutely smooth the idle and acceleration/downshifting is in the motor now. To me it really smoothed out the entire bike from stock configuration. This alone was worth it.

I first did a flash when I only had the slip ons installed and just with that modification the first flash really smoothed out the bike. So if you simply want slip ons I think their canned tune is worth it just to get the bike running great.

With the install of the power duals and the air cleaner I flashed another tune to the bike and this is where the power was really noticed but maintained that smoothness.

I have the ability now to record some of the bikes data and send it to Vance and Hines for a "fine tune".... nah, it is running great and I am a "if it ain't broke don't dick with it" guy.

While I had considered the Fuel Moto tuner I settled for the cheaper FP3, no regrets it did what it was suppose to do. While I am pretty hard to please I can't find any fault with this new Vance and Hines unit, much better then the old units they sold.

After a week of riding with it I am pleased, seems the biggest power comes on between 50-80 now.

Last edited by surfnorthwest; 07-25-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:48 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like it's working great for you! I really like the features the FP3 offers and the fact you don't have to hard wire a display unit like the PV or connect a PC like the SEPST. Sounds like a very user friendly tuning device and Vance&Hines has been in the game for years and their quality is top notch. I think the option for V&H to remotely connect to your bike to help tune or trouble shoot real time is a direction all tuning manufactures will be headed. If the device would have been available when I did my stage one I'm pretty sure that's the direction I would have went.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:18 PM
namojom
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear. I have a FP3 on the way.