2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed CVO Gauges in My SG / Extremely Pleased (Pics In Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 08:57 PM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Installed CVO Gauges in My SG / Extremely Pleased (Pics In Thread)

I have researched this project before finally pulling the trigger. I was disappointed in the stock "Orange" color in my gauges and wanted a white background color like the Ultra Limited's. After consulting with my dealer as well as some on here I found out the CVO Gauges are around $300 less than the Limited's. They both offer the white lit background but differ just a little. I believe the Limited's gauges are just a little brighter than the CVO's but I was OK with that in order to save $300. Install was easy and took me just under an hour to do it by myself. My dealer quoted me over $700 for the gauges and I got them for $585 from Surdyke including FREE shipping. So a couple answers to some questions you may have:

Is the original stock gauge "married" to the bike? - YES and apparently if it is installed on another bike it will read "VINERR" rather than any mileage

Are the original Fuel Gauge and Volt Gauge "married" to the bike? - No

How does the new CVO Gauges figure out current mileage on you bike? - Once you install the CVO Gauges you will see 31 miles in I believe "Trip B" when you toggle through your odometer. This is a countdown. Once you start driving the motorcycle the 31 miles will count down to 0 (once you have gone 31 miles). The current mileage (your original mileage + 31) will then appear and your CVO gauges are "married" to your bike. I find this extremely interesting since my dealer told me I had to order these gauges from him and if I did I would then need to tell him my current mileage so they could order the gauge with that many miles on it. Just disappointing he is not up on his technology.

All in All I am EXTREMELY PLEASED with this Mod and look forward to reading my gauges a lot easier at night. Let me know if you have any questions.

The following users liked this post:
2014streetglide (04-21-2016)
Old 07-28-2014, 09:06 PM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW....That is a huge difference. Very nice mod. Thanks for sharing the pics. Makes me want to change mine now.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:11 PM
GoGetter5832
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hogwallop
WOW....That is a huge difference. Very nice mod. Thanks for sharing the pics. Makes me want to change mine now.
Thanks! My buddy just bought the Ultra Limited and after seeing his gauges I had to make a change!!

Old 07-28-2014, 09:12 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice work. Looks good. Makes no sense though that the CVO gauge cluster would be so much less expensive than the Ultra Limited cluster.

Last edited by dgdamore; 07-28-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:16 PM
GoGetter5832
Road Master

Originally Posted by dgdamore
Nice work. Looks good. Makes no sense though that the CVO gauge cluster would be so much less expensive than the Ultra Limited cluster.
Completely agree. I think the Limited cluster is a tad brighter

Old 07-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Northride
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdamore
Actually it's the other way around - the Limited gauges are more expensive than the CVO gauges.

Great looking bike by the way, looks amazing without the tour pac. Can you post some pics?

Old 07-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Northride
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice write up and yes, the gauges look awesome. Much better than the silver units.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:33 PM
GoGetter5832
Road Master

Originally Posted by Northride
Actually it's the other way around - the Limited gauges are more expensive than the CVO gauges. Great looking bike by the way, looks amazing without the tour pac. Can you post some pics?
It's a street glide so I don't have a tour pack

Old 07-28-2014, 10:36 PM
GoGetter5832
Road Master

Originally Posted by Northride
Actually it's the other way around - the Limited gauges are more expensive than the CVO gauges. Great looking bike by the way, looks amazing without the tour pac. Can you post some pics?
That's what he said. It's shocking the limited gauges are more expensive than the CVO's

Old 07-28-2014, 11:59 PM
joenash
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks cool, how are they in the daytime , a lot of guys don't like the streetglide gauges at night, but I don't like them in the daytime if the sun is behind you can't see them well, and the turn signal indicators I never know if they are on.
do they have the gear indicator under the odometer?

Quick Reply: Installed CVO Gauges in My SG / Extremely Pleased (Pics In Thread)